test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

12th Anni... worse one yet? no way to do this outside of TFO/Mission

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
do the particle and you only get credit for 1... no other way to earn the other point... everything else is 2 point already... use to be do the particle trace and your done. then they added a patrol...

this really blows.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    do it on 2 chars
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Agreed. You can do the Omega mission on two different characters and get the two points. I did it today.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2022
    Yea I suggested that to someone earlier, as the progress is account-wide. So do Omega on 1 character, then switch and do it on another. Simple.

Also if you switch the timer starts it's coundown from when the 1st character finishes not the 2nd. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I now only play the Omega mini-game to collect the yearly party popper on my mains. This way, they all have it for their collection and that shaves 2 or even 3 days on the progress bar.

And since there are a few dialogue, powers and voice differences in the mission, I do it on the mains since they're all different in sex, faction and professions, as well.

That's how I make the grind feel a bit less painful.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    yep first time is the hardest because you need to get your toon into a MW ship. the faster slipstream mechanic makes it a lot easier
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    I don't mind.

I stopped playing the boring Omega game a long time ago. It's not that I dislike mini-games like these, but they're things I just want to be able to do whenever I feel like doing them. They're not enjoyable when you feel forced to play them.

If I have to complete a daily task for 20 days, I prefer to play actual game content when I'm doing it. And I don't care for the upgrades, I use Phoenix ones for those.

Besides, Operation Wolf is relatively fast and I have a few new toons who haven't seen much action on the ground yet.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    yep first time is the hardest because you need to get your toon into a MW ship. the faster slipstream mechanic makes it a lot easier

I don't understand. Makes what easier?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Eh, having done the episode once, I don't really want to do it again. A couple particle collections will be quick & easy. After years of doing them, I can almost do it in my sleep.

(not sure what it is, maybe I'm just getting older, but the more recent episode missions - while more fancy/etc - are just harder to force myself to repeat. The total lack of loot drops in the new one doesn't help.)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    The anniversary event used to require less days (and less activities per day) to complete as opposed to the summer and winter events, but ever since the new event system was implemented it takes just as many days as the others.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User

To get from star to star, I would imagine. Not that it really takes all that long anyway, but if seconds count...

I'm digging the new TFO, personally. I particularly like the fact that I don't have to stop closing a portal just because somebody started firing on me, which was one of my issues with... "Counterpoint", I think? The one where the MU version of Terak Nor is attacking DS9. It also lets me have lots of fun with the Tholian web projector.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The new TFO is just outstanding. It's like 5 minutes folks. Seems like great fodder for an elite mission also.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

We all have our own way of doing things. When I do the winter/summer events, I enjoy running the race and flying around through holo-gates. For Anniversary I enjoy just flying around and catching Omegas.

If I want to fight I'll do some missions, but it's easier to do the Omni game on two captains, and it's relaxing.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    The Deep Space Nine Ground is the worse place to put them.
    starmanj wrote: »

Can't disagree with that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

Yeah, just had that this morning. On both characters. It's lousy (the exchange console in the middle of the level attracts all the sensor sweeps, and there's no marker for where in the zone they might be.)
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

slipstream lasts 2 minutes in a MW ship and the cooldown is like 30 seconds or a minute.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

Yeah, just had that this morning. On both characters. It's lousy (the exchange console in the middle of the level attracts all the sensor sweeps, and there's no marker for where in the zone they might be.)

Just the placement of Omega on the map? They could revisit that for the future. I'm all for events that encourage player's to visit or revisit the nice social maps across the game. Otherwise, those maps go to waste. Suggesting "no one like social maps. Let's not make anymore!" ;) Which, IMO, would be bad for the game.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The DS9 scans are made worse by the way they shrank the entire station to be more like the show but ignoring the fact that the show could remove stuff out of the way of the camera and that the ceilings were never so low that taller characters like worf had to walk with a stoop. His duel with gowron couldn't be done in the tiny interation of the station we have in STO without batleths clattering off a bulkhead every few seconds.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    The DS9 scans are made worse by the way they shrank the entire station to be more like the show but ignoring the fact that the show could remove stuff out of the way of the camera and that the ceilings were never so low that taller characters like worf had to walk with a stoop. His duel with gowron couldn't be done in the tiny interation of the station we have in STO without batleths clattering off a bulkhead every few seconds.

Absolutely, completely agreed. I have never liked the new DS9 just because it's too SMALL.

They spent resources and time on that better used elsewhere, and trumpeted it to the skies like it was such a great accomplishment, but I liked the older one better because it was more functional.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Iratus can be pretty quick so long as you don't meet some dps junkies who ignore the rifts because "pewpew make ships go boom."

If a level 30 in a carrier can camp, hold and control a point there's no excuse for the other 4 players not being able to do the same for the remaining pair of points.
  • radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    [quote="chastity1337;c-13707023"][quote="postagepaid;c-13706938"]The DS9 scans are made worse by the way they shrank the entire station to be more like the show but ignoring the fact that the show could remove stuff out of the way of the camera and that the ceilings were never so low that taller characters like worf had to walk with a stoop. His duel with gowron couldn't be done in the tiny interation of the station we have in STO without batleths clattering off a bulkhead every few seconds.[/quote]

Absolutely, completely agreed. I have never liked the new DS9 just because it's too SMALL.

They spent resources and time on that better used elsewhere, and trumpeted it to the skies like it was such a great accomplishment, but I liked the older one better because it was more [b]functional[/b].[/quote]

I agree. The revised DS9 map is an abomination. I'd replace it with the old map in a heartbreak if I could.

I can accept that will not happen and I'm generally content to ignore it. But the Omega mission can't be moved if it picks DS9, and finding the tiny omegas on that cramped space - with no map notice and the scanner constantly distracted - is a nightmare.

If they aren't able to fix the fundamental problems with the DS9 interior, they should remove it from the list of possible Omega event locations.

-R
  • radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    [QUOTE="chastity1337;c-13707023"]

They spent resources and time on that better used elsewhere, and trumpeted it to the skies like it was such a great accomplishment, but I liked the older one better because it was more [b]functional[/b].[/QUOTE]

I agree. The revised DS9 map is an abomination. I'd replace it with the old map in a heartbreak if I could.

I can accept that will not happen and I'm generally content to ignore it. But the Omega mission can't be moved if it picks DS9, and finding the tiny omegas on that cramped space - with no map notice and the scanner constantly distracted - is a nightmare.

If they aren't able to fix the fundamental problems with the DS9 interior, they should remove it from the list of possible Omega event locations.

-R
    Post edited by radonne on
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I'm also not a fan of the new episode but the TFO is fine - it's fast anyway.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I loathe the Andoria ground one, Just the other day I landed on Andoria to get it I had to run over to the end of the map only for the d_mned particle to suddenly disappear and go over the other side at the right, only to disappear yet again as soon as I was able to find it. Andoria is already huge as it is.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Players still bother with the Omega particle grind? You get better Upgrades by buy and converting Phoenix Boxes with Dilithium. Quicker and way less hassle, and with the Dil Ex in it's current state, what else is Refined Dil good for these days?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • pahzysehpahzyseh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I don't mind.

I stopped playing the boring Omega game a long time ago. It's not that I dislike mini-games like these, but they're things I just want to be able to do whenever I feel like doing them. They're not enjoyable when you feel forced to play them.

If I have to complete a daily task for 20 days, I prefer to play actual game content when I'm doing it. And I don't care for the upgrades, I use Phoenix ones for those.

Besides, Operation Wolf is relatively fast and I have a few new toons who haven't seen much action on the ground yet.

Just on the Upgrades, i have to say ive found the Phoenix box upgrades to be the 'best value' in the game. I can easily get 15+ from a 10 box of Phoenix boxes.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Players still bother with the Omega particle grind? You get better Upgrades by buy and converting Phoenix Boxes with Dilithium. Quicker and way less hassle, and with the Dil Ex in it's current state, what else is Refined Dil good for these days?

Quite a lot on a fresh account actually, every unit of dil is precious. 5 toons so far and I can't make the stuff fast enough. It'll likely be the end of the year before it starts gathering dust. It was on my PC account.

Not to mention a couple of toons are in start up fleets.
This discussion has been closed.