test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tarantula, Take Two

salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
Well would you look at the time, is it Six Years already? You bet it is! And what i am to find upon my return?
Stuff is still spinning, sadly still out of center too. And since the ticket response said to bring it up here as well, take a look, and have your OCD friendly day be ruined.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
V5RYMW.jpg
LmJ5Tg.jpg
As we can observe
Blue: physical center of the wheel.
Red: rotation axis, aka, center of the damn ship

It baffles me that this is still going strong after 6+ years, and having doged QA in the first place nonetheless, being a almost comically dumb bug, that would require as much as simply moving the model of the wheel a bit to be properly centered again, save, push to next patch, done.
GMoNbU.png
SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
Beta Tester
Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure if it hasn't been fixed in 6 years, it's probably not high on their list of things to do. Besides, what makes you think your red center of ship is where the rotate axis is supposed to be anyway?
  • salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    By simply observing the motion, as one can clearly see where its rotation point lies, and where the models origin (center) point is located relative to it, leading to this offset. If you take a look at the images above, you can see this in the sequence where the wheel has a diffrent relative position to the center each time.
    GMoNbU.png
    Beta Tester
  • chuckiii#3391 chuckiii Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    he's showing the rotation from only one angle to make his point. he should have posted the six image shot from not only top but bottom , left side and right side. that would've made more sense. so we could clearly see the problem. so i don't know how you expect anyone to see this issue.
  • chuckiii#3391 chuckiii Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    also you might want to post the six image shot from front and back too. to give six angles that would give everyone the full animation.
  • salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    also you might want to post the six image shot from front and back too. to give six angles that would give everyone the full animation.

It already shows the full rotation in those, first three show it each time it rotated 120° (meaning, each time the panels reached the rotational position of the prior one) and the next three show the same, but with a 60° offet to the first three.

the first one starts with what we shall call panel A facing down, wich has rotated 120° clockwise in the second, and one can clearly see how panel B (now facing down) is not centered anymore but misaligned to the right. And in number three, C is facing down now, and one can now also see it being misaligned to the left.
    (Visualized here for you on a smaller scale: Red= panels , Blue Arrow= offset direction)
    0ebd7143f8c0d2a61a249eeda58bd1d8.jpg
    By this it is pretty easy to tell that the whole thing is misaligned inwards on the axis of panel A, leading for it to clip into the model, while panel B and C hover outside.

PS: Also on a extra note, since the tarantula hull is a trilateral symmetric design, there is no need to show it from side or top too, as the pictures would show the same exact thing like you would see looking from the downside, i just choose the downside look as it is the most convenient, with the major hull plates not obscuring vision too much as if i would look from top.
    GMoNbU.png
    Beta Tester