test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal Endeavor-Harvest Materials (Ground)

djgiggles1972djgiggles1972 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
This endeavor needs to be either gone or put more in the game. There has to be more patrols in the galaxy that that you can beam down and explore the planet like there was in the past when this game came out. I've been flying through the Beta Quadrant trying to find a system that i can scan ground materials for this endeavor. I am not going to pass on this and waste a token on cause I am buying tokens to complete my endeavors.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Run Sphere of Influence. you beam down, there is a mineral right there. talk to the reman, go past keretenek and a second one is on the platform. beam up, rinse and repeat
    Spock.jpg

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    This is one of the quickest and easiest endeavors in the game.

You will not find ground materials in space, they are only on ground maps.

Accept the mission 'Sphere of Influence,' and travel to New Romulus.
    Start the mission and you will beam down.
    There will be one node right there in front of you as soon as you enter, harvest that.
    Run to the back area, and there is a 2nd node over by one of the consoles on the upper right side of the map.

Beam out.

Repeat as many times as you need.

For more ways to get easy endeavors, check out the link here.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I do the one on the old DS9. Though this sphere one sounds maybe 20 seconds faster per 2.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    All you need to do is Google "STO endeavors" to get a list of Endeavors and many ways to complete them.

And yes, as others have noted, there are several EASY ways to complete ground materials.

Complaint for nothing, do a tiny bit of homework.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    This endeavor needs to be either gone or put more in the game. There has to be more patrols in the galaxy that that you can beam down and explore the planet like there was in the past when this game came out. I've been flying through the Beta Quadrant trying to find a system that i can scan ground materials for this endeavor. I am not going to pass on this and waste a token on cause I am buying tokens to complete my endeavors.

Most of the early mission drop at least 2-3 per map. Where Angel's Fear to tread almost always has one in the infirmary and one or two in the mess hall. I've found up to four in Diplomatic Orders and 6 running Researcher Rescue.

• lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I personally just go to Zaria. It has 2 space materials and 2 ground materials.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    I do the one on the old DS9. Though this sphere one sounds maybe 20 seconds faster per 2.

Got a waypoint set for the Deferi doctor mission. (forgot the exact name). Two on a map.Collect, beam out, repeat
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    In the mission 'A Step Between Stars' there are two materials to scan in the area where you beam in. One to the left and one on the platform to the right. I just go in scan them, beam out, beam in and repeat.
  • squirrelgirl#9643 squirrelgirl Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The mission "Cold Comfort" has 3 ground harvestable resources straight off the bat too with no combat
    The mission "Cold Comfort" has 3 ground harvestable resources straight off the bat too with no combat

One at the bar, one at the cell block. Where is the 3rd?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Run Sphere of Influence. you beam down, there is a mineral right there. talk to the reman, go past keretenek and a second one is on the platform. beam up, rinse and repeat

Or just the first Fed mission. You may not get six nodes, but it can also be done quickly.

If an Endeavour needs to be removed, it's either defeat Tzenkethi or Hur'q on the ground. For those there are actually very few options.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Or just the first Fed mission. You may not get six nodes, but it can also be done quickly.

If an Endeavour needs to be removed, it's either defeat Tzenkethi or Hur'q on the ground. For those there are actually very few options.

Don't really need more 'options' for them -- they're freely available in reasonably large quantities. Unlike Voth ground, which are pretty much only in the ground BZ and are drip fed to you a few at a time with lengthy delays between. I could easily take a spawn rate 10 times what the BZ gives me.

No, when it comes to 'please remove these' endeavors, top of the list is Lukari TFOs. Second billing is Iconian TFOs. Really, any of the TFO endeavors are awful (borg TFO endeavor is just the least awful of the bunch). I can do all three endeavors faster than it takes to do just one TFO for an endeavor TFOs. Even 18 targetable torps only takes a few minutes, give or take. And that's the VR endeavor. The VR TFO endeavor is three TFOs. And bloody hell when the TFO endeavor is advanced Lukari TFOs. Not just no, but hell ****ing no.

Tzenkethi and Hur'q are only available on the ground through episodes. That's not freely available, not when you compare it with, for example, the 'kill X drones' one or most of the 'kill X ships of species Y'-endeavours.

Ideally, they should make it such that all TFO's can be completed through the queues. It's the fastest way to get to a large number of enemies. That isn't the case right now and it's a serious drawback.

The fact that some Endeavours take longer because they require more than one TFO to be completed, isn't a problem.
    Tzenkethi Front launches reasonably fast during most part of the days. Same with Bug hunt. What might be a problem is long cooldowns and waiting times if you need more than one of these.

So I wouldn't support removing these type of endeavours. A better solution might be to combine them and make it 'complete three TFO's' with Iconian, Gamma and Lukari TFO's (and maybe other ones like Delta and Romulan) all being eligible for progress.

The important thing is that there need to be sufficient options available. They shouldn't all be very quick to complete; there's nothing wrong with players having to work a bit for progress.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    And what might also help, is adding more endeavours.

Fleet Alert, Crystalline entity, Starbase incursion are all not part of the system.

There is no 'use x number of drain abilities' endeavour. No 'capture 3 points in battlezone X' mission. No mission that encourages players to complete the Officer of the Watch missions at fleet starbases. No missions that tell you to earn a particular resource, start a specific duty officer assignment, complete Romulan patrols, craft a certain piece of equipment...

And so on.

There's a lot of content that could be included in the system. That would also help reduce the chances of getting the same annoying, more demanding Endeavours.

And an added benefit would be that some lesser played content became more readily available for those that want to play it but are now endlessly waiting for it to launch.

But of course, as with most systems, this one was launched and never really updated anymore (besides removing some rewards). Like with many systems. When's the last time we had a Doff update, an Admiralty one or an effort to make cross-faction armada's finally a thing? There's a very solid solution here by bringing more of these loose systems together and incorporating them into the Endeavour system. As with everything though, they probably need more resources to do this. Which, sadly, seems to apply to almost every request now.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Diplomatic Immunity has two nodes on Vulcan and four on P'Jem. There's also six nodes in the P'Jem system.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    echatty wrote: »
    Diplomatic Immunity has two nodes on Vulcan and four on P'Jem. There's also six nodes in the P'Jem system.

That is the one I use most often for that endeavor on characters the mission is available for because there are so many resources available, and it goes fairly quickly (also I can cancel it without regret if I have a really bad time crunch since it is one of the starting ones, so the character has already done it before).
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Similar pass at Home (on the Dread or on the surface). Done in a few minutes.

These are some of the easiest and fastest endeavors around. If you've got a problem with them, the problem is how you're doing them.

I find Armistice to be quicker than Home for the ground one, since you don't need to do the quite long space battle at the start. It might be longer when you need to get 120 kills though - I'm not sure.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

These are some of the easiest and fastest endeavors around. If you've got a problem with them, the problem is how you're doing them.

I find Armistice to be quicker than Home for the ground one, since you don't need to do the quite long space battle at the start. It might be longer when you need to get 120 kills though - I'm not sure.

Nah. I've got the first and last two missions of the Gamma line waiting in their respective 'states' for hurq space and hurq ground endeavors. Transwarp to start, load in directly to the part that has the enemies I want, and go to town. Done in a few minutes, and then I leave. Next time those endeavors show up, I can pick right back up at the start of those portions all over again. I don't have to go through the other parts to reach them. Same with Signs and Portents for Tzen ground.

The trick is you *DON'T* finish the mission. You leave once you've got what you came for. Then it'll stay at that portion of the mission indefinitely.

This. You don't have to finish the missions, just get what you came for and leave.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    questerius wrote: »

One at the bar, one at the cell block. Where is the 3rd?

There's only two harvest nodes. I use that one all the time for that endeavor.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Once you've beamed unto the dread you can just beam out and back in. No need to repeat the space battle.
This discussion has been closed.