test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TFO low damage?

I don't have the best ship, but I got matched with people whose ships were far better than mine and simply watched as most of the enemy Borg basically melted, including the Unamatrix within seconds and then got a message my damage was not good enough. I did the best I could and got punished for just being a pleb with no event progress and then a 20 minute TFO timeout.

I understand the need to dissuade those enter a TFO and idle themselves and don't partake, but you shouldn't punish those who tried their best.

If this needs to go to another forum, feel free.

Comments

• Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    The problem is that the way the system detects whether or not you are actively participating, is by the total damage dealt. It expects that each player will do at least 1% (or it may be 2%) of the total damage. You apparently did not do so.

It may be a bad system, but that's how it works.

I suspected that's the case, there were plenty of pets flying around too which didn't help lol. This is the first time its happened, I hope its not going to become a thing.
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    For that to trigger, means you did less than 1/12th of the average of the other four players.

If that is truly "your best", then I suspect there are serious flaws in your ship's build.... if you'd like to say what you have, perhaps I can suggest some ways to improve?

I appreciate that :), I know its a flawed build as its the Eisenburg and I hadn't built it up much yet, but what happened was still a shock.

I did the Tholian one after, which worked just fine.