What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EC Store

maikalisgotimaikalisgoti Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Is there a Legal EC Store to buy EC?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    The legal way to convert cash to EC: Buy zen, then use the zen to buy lock box keys, then sell the keys on the exchange.

You can convert dil to EC by using the dil exchange to get zen, then buying keys.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    If you want ECs, use in game methods as described by other forumites above me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    westmetals wrote: »
    The legal way to convert cash to EC: Buy zen, then use the zen to buy lock box keys, then sell the keys on the exchange.

Instead of Keys, this can also be done with Elite Captain tokens or Fleet Ship Modules.

And ** promo ** R&D packs or duty officer packs bought during a promo event. ** NOT THE REGULAR PACKS!!! *** The regular non-promo packs are not worth the zen cost.

You can check the exchange to see which ones of the above give the most EC per zen. Lock box keys are the easiest since you can always buy them and they sell almost instantly if you price yours 1 EC below the current lowest price for 1 key.

When selling keys, it can be safer to split stacks into single keys in your inventory before posting to the exchange. A common mistake is to accidentally post a stack of 10 or more to the exchange, and then sell them at the price for a single key. Someone will usually buy them before you have a chance to cancel your sale.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah there's no way to directly buy EC (none that are within the rules of the game anyway), just ways to indirectly convert zen into EC thru selling things that are desired in the Exchange.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Selling your unwanted items to a vendor will net ECs too. I always sell my loot drops.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Selling your unwanted items to a vendor will net ECs too. I always sell my loot drops.
    Very true, but not much... Most vendors will buy items at 40% of their value, a few rarer ones (usually Ferengi) will buy at 30% but even rarer still are those that buy at 50%. (Those 50%'ers are so rare, there's generally only 1 per social hub, but not all social hubs have one. Drozana has a Ferengi opposite the tailor that buys at 50% and Ensign Lessa at ESD Requisitions. I forget the one on Qo'noS because I usually sell to the NPC at Drozana when playing KDF characters.)

Your best source of EC will be the "Tour the Galaxy" mission which should get you about 1 million (and a little bit more) for 15 minutes work, but that's only once per day. However, you can do it on every character and share the EC among your characters via the Account Bank, if you have one.

Admiralty mission can sometimes be a good source of EC but they don't always have EC among the rewards.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    I don't know where you got any of that information from, but just about all of it is wrong - there is no 30% vendor in STO, and 50% is the most common, because every vendor except Ferengi buys at that value, whereas Ferengi buy at 40% - or at least they used to...apparently Cryptic changed at least some of them a while back, because the one on Drozana now buys at 50% like everyone else.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    I don't know where you got any of that information from, but just about all of it is wrong - there is no 30% vendor in STO, and 50% is the most common, because every vendor except Ferengi buys at that value, whereas Ferengi buy at 40% - or at least they used to...apparently Cryptic changed at least some of them a while back, because the one on Drozana now buys at 50% like everyone else.​​

It's changed multiple times over the years. It's not worth the travel time for me so now I just "discard" (40% I think) or salvage my loot drops.

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Never have dealt with the black market folks as you never really know what you're going to get from an illegal trade.
This discussion has been closed.