test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding dilithium mining mini-game

chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
I have been playing the game for over a year now and I mine with some of my characters on a daily basis, both vlugta and fleet

Since each mining spot once you hit the score of 735 will have yielded the maximum dil you can get (normal or double event); I'm wondering is it possible to consider cutting off as soon as player get the maximum quantity?

Meaning we dont have to keep mining for the remainder of the time after we acquired the maximum dil (200); there is no incentive to continue mining and cutting off sooner actually help save some time and make the effort less tiresome (especially if all your characters have fully upgraded fleet mine)

I have 2 characters with fully upgraded fleet mine, 2 others partial, 2 on "mothball", it took nearly 2 hours per day just to finished all 4 from vlugta to fleet

Hope this can be taken into consideration
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    I thought it was around 800.
    Also I think some people like trying to see how many points they can get. On a good run I've been able to break 1000 points.

While they do have the ability to set a hard cap on the minigames (as showcased with mission specific instances of them ending when you hit 100) it might be more of a balance thing.
    And right now with the DL Economy in tatters... I don't know if making it easier to farm Dilithium is really a good idea. At least not until we find a way to fix the current market crash.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    If you're not pumping marks into Rep, you'd probably be able to get more Dilithium faster by doing certain TFOs and converting marks into DL.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I avoid it because I cannot think of many things more boring than doing one of those eye-torturing phone games when I could be doing TFOs or missions. And events (on days after the main prize is reached) pay out a lot better than any of the mining minigames.
  • chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    As an F2P player with short funds (honest speaking, I need to fork out 5x real money for any amount to pay, not earning USD here) and limited time daily to touch on the game, well, the mining somehow fits my present needs of filling some daily dil-income. Mining daily sort of helped me get through a lot of my needs believed it or not

I have 2 toons at present with decent enough build to play on normal (took me a year and still not fully max level on them consoles and weap), not good enough to truly tackle advance or elite difficulty to earn elite marks for dil exchange, plus I still need plenty of them too; the rest of the rosters are still new and relatively untouched (it gets boring cause the only difference is the intro, the rest of the story arc play-out exactly the same)

I know I can "ride" the more advanced players' build through higher difficulty TFOs, I dont know, I dont think many players would appreciate a nobody just barge it and being an eye-sore
    I thought it was around 800.

*735 is max, passed that number and 200 dils in the bag

Also I think some people like trying to see how many points they can get. On a good run I've been able to break 1000 points.

*my best is somewhere in 1300 range, and the game is programmed to periodically "troll" player too; you can run into situation where the mining progress only ran once and immediately changed to another new round; worst it can happen continuously for up to 3 times, this can throw player off-guard and TRIBBLE their score

While they do have the ability to set a hard cap on the minigames (as showcased with mission specific instances of them ending when you hit 100) it might be more of a balance thing.
    And right now with the DL Economy in tatters... I don't know if making it easier to farm Dilithium is really a good idea. At least not until we find a way to fix the current market crash.[/quote]

*yeah I know this will come up somehow... but honestly cutting the game short doesnt make any difference with outcome, at least in my view, its not adding any more dil, nor making it less difficult (for anybody still fresh with it); just making it "slightly convenient" that's all ~
    FYI, I believe you can cancel the mini-game once you pass the score cap and still get full credit for it. I know you can for the version of the mini-game used on the Colony World. But as noted above, I don't see why anyone is doing the mining mini-game outside of a rich claim.[/quote]

*indeed it works, I tested for 2 days, worth doing at fleet mine, vlugta side unless one has no more need for those minerals, otherwise canceling soon will only get dil
  • vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I'd vote for giving us an additional bonus for the time over the max.....say some additional refined dilithium capacity based on how many times you run over the max and by how much...
  • vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    vedauwoo wrote: »
    I'd vote for giving us an additional bonus for the time over the max.....say some additional refined dilithium capacity based on how many times you run over the max and by how much...

We don't need a way to get MORE RD ubtil they start adding RD sinks to use up what is just building up over time. That's why the DilEx is in the state it's in. Nothing worth enough spending RD on that people with Zen to spare are willing to trade for it.

When they start developing holdings again, be they personal holdings, fleet holdings or alliance holdings, where RD is one of the components that need to be contributed, it will remain a mostly useless commodity.

I dunno about you....but I still have an A$$load of toons with ships that need to upgrade weapons and other components to XV.... I'm pretty sure refined dilithium is needed for that.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    I have been playing the game for over a year now and I mine with some of my characters on a daily basis, both vlugta and fleet

Since each mining spot once you hit the score of 735 will have yielded the maximum dil you can get (normal or double event); I'm wondering is it possible to consider cutting off as soon as player get the maximum quantity?

Meaning we dont have to keep mining for the remainder of the time after we acquired the maximum dil (200); there is no incentive to continue mining and cutting off sooner actually help save some time and make the effort less tiresome (especially if all your characters have fully upgraded fleet mine)

I have 2 characters with fully upgraded fleet mine, 2 others partial, 2 on "mothball", it took nearly 2 hours per day just to finished all 4 from vlugta to fleet

Hope this can be taken into consideration

I'm not sure what you talking about once you hit 735 you can just hit the x and cancel the rest of the time yourself. You still get the dillithium. Been doing this for years over years over years that way.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    That's where Cryptic - and every other game that has crafting - keeps TRIBBLE up...you don't offer gear that you can get elsewhere unless those other sources are in limited amounts (like water in a survival game - if pre-placed sources are limited but the components needed to make your own are more plentiful, it's going to be worth crafting it...something Bethesda needs to take a lesson from), you offer gear that CAN'T be gotten anywhere else or is annoying to collect elsewhere - and in STO's case, they really ought to be looking at ESO's reconstruction and gear 'stickerbook' systems.

Namely, whenever you collect a piece of set gear in that game, not only do you get that specific gear piece's looks unlocked account-wide for appearance-changing purposes, you also gain the ability to craft it account-wide once you bind it if you have access to a transmutation station and an appropriate amount of transmute crystals.

People keep wanting ways to get specific unique gear from story missions without having to repeatedly run those missions? Well, the R&D system is the answer - Cryptic could easily (hopefully, but knowing them, they set up the system in such a way it can't actually be done) alter it so that once you obtain any given gear piece the first time from a story mission, it unlocks for crafting across the account for whatever given material and dil fee is deemed appropriate for any given gear piece.

That fixes the problem of almost no one using the system aside from the occasional omni beam and battery crafting and also adds a desperately-needed dil sink and also semi-removing a minor one as well (because completing missions rewards a small amount of dil, and if people can now craft those story items on alts instead of needing to do missions to get it, that's simultaneously draining dil from the system as well as preventing more from entering - a very minuscule amount in the latter case, but every crystal NOT entering the game helps.

Of course, the gear would also still be available the current way in this hypothetical system if someone wants it for free rather than having to pay dil and components for the convenience of not going through hours-long, potentially-buggy/outright-broken missions - choice is always important, a lesson that CRYPTIC needs to learn *cough*re-roll tokens*cough*.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.