test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Speculation for this years anniversary bundle

evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
In a few weeks Cryptic should start revealing the ships that will be in this years bundle, what does everyone expect to see?

Assuming this will be another Legendary Bundle, then based on things the devs have said the ships should have been prominently featured in an episode or movie, and they should also have an existing in-game lineage of at least two ships so that they have stuff to bundle together. Based on that I see these as the possible options:

Prometheus
Inquiry (it could be argued this wasn't prominent enough, but there aren't many other Fed options)
Olympic (if they are able to merge the Daedalus and Nautilus with it, otherwise there's no in-game lineage)
Negh'Var
Mogai (it could be argued this wasn't prominent enough, but it's the only canon Romulan ship that doesn't have a legendary yet)
Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier

If Cryptic decided to make an exception regarding the in-game lineage requirement (they already have with the Legendary JJ and Disco Connies), then there are a few more options:

Universe (it's the only canon Enterprise to not have a Legendary yet)
Vengeance
Einstein (USS Kelvin)
Disco D7
Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser

Based on all this, I personally think the bundle will most likely be Prometheus, Negh'Var, Mogai, and the JHAS, though that would not be my preferred selection of ships. It's also entirely possible they will do something different this year though since the list of potential Legendaries is getting a bit short.
Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
eaY7Xxu.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I could see the Mogai, Bortasqu', Negh'var, Bug ship, and maybe a Galor, as legendary ships. But thats really about it.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Na, it's going to be a Mirror Legendary Aniversary Bundle.. pretty sure of that.. what do i win if i get it?? :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    There already is a legendary D7 so I doubt the Kelvin one would be too (especially since the Kelvin one is so obscure), more likely it would be folded into the already existing package as an interest booster and that package sold again if anything.

The Einstein class would be interesting, but probably only be a contender if STO already had the Jupp from the DS9 kitbash thread and possibly the "sitting dog" (Excalibur class) and possibly other ships loosely based on the Saladin class as playable ships, but none of those exist as playable ships.

The OP's primary list looks likely though.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    There already is a legendary D7 so I doubt the Kelvin one would be too (especially since the Kelvin one is so obscure)

I didn't mention the JJ D7 at all, because of how little screentime it had. However, there are already three different Legendary Connies due to them being different sizes, so the existence of the Legendary TOS D7 wouldn't prevent the Disco or JJ D7s from getting a Legendary (though like you said the JJ D7 isn't nearly prominent enough).
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Something Olympic/Horizon/Hope would be a dream come true.... my favorite sci ship design....
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Will we even see on? Last year they only managed 4 ships with a whole bunch of filler and it didn't go ever very well
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I like the sound of an enemies-turned-allies bundle:
    J'H bug ship
    Spoonhead Galor
    Kling Negh'var
    Rom Mogai

I would buy that bundle.
    Will we even see on? Last year they only managed 4 ships with a whole bunch of filler and it didn't go ever very well

There will be some kind of bundle, there always is, though it is possible it wouldn't be Legendary ships. Also, just because the reaction to the 11th Anniversary bundle was negative here and on reddit doesn't mean it didn't sell well, I was slamming it myself but ultimately decided to buy it anyway.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

I think it will be at least 5 mirror ships, maybe 6.. i think they wanted the Guardian to be there too... but as it does not do anything special (just a skin) they let it go to the c-store. My guess is:

Galaxy
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Shran
    Nova
    Sabre

Those are for sure... but maybe more... that would be cool.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    If they do an all Fed bundle (which is what a mirror bundle is) it just means that I can save my money. So part of me hopes that they give me a reason to not spend money.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    vedauwoo wrote: »
    Something Olympic/Horizon/Hope would be a dream come true.... my favorite sci ship design....

Yes Yes YES! This, please!

cpXaTbt.jpg

If2D3oL.jpg
    There already is a legendary D7 so I doubt the Kelvin one would be too (especially since the Kelvin one is so obscure), more likely it would be folded into the already existing package as an interest booster and that package sold again if anything.

The Einstein class would be interesting, but probably only be a contender if STO already had the Jupp from the DS9 kitbash thread and possibly the "sitting dog" (Excalibur class) and possibly other ships loosely based on the Saladin class as playable ships, but none of those exist as playable ships.

The OP's primary list looks likely though.

I probably should not make comments when I am tired, I totally missed the "Disco" part and inadvertently lumped it in with the Vengeance and Einstein :lol:
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

I think it will be at least 5 mirror ships, maybe 6.. i think they wanted the Guardian to be there too... but as it does not do anything special (just a skin) they let it go to the c-store. My guess is:

Galaxy
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Shran
    Nova
    Sabre

We already got a Legendary Galaxy and Intrepid with the 10th anni bundle and the Miranda with the TOS Legendary Bundle
    reyan01 wrote: »

Galaxy
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Shran
    Nova
    Sabre

We already got a Legendary Galaxy and Intrepid with the 10th anni bundle and the Miranda with the TOS Legendary Bundle
    But not Legendary MIRROR Galaxy and Intrepid etc classes.

If it's a mirror bundle they probably won't be Legendary. And mirror is also definitely a possibility, but a much less exciting one that I probably wouldn't be getting.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I hope it is the mirror bundle then I wont waste any money. I got tired of purchasing the same ship over and over just a little bit different. But yeah maybe we get a Legendary Galor and other Alien ships but I doubt it.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Galaxy
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Shran
    Nova
    Sabre

But not Legendary MIRROR Galaxy and Intrepid etc classes.

If it's a mirror bundle they probably won't be Legendary. And mirror is also definitely a possibility, but a much less exciting one that I probably wouldn't be getting.

I hope it is the mirror bundle then I wont waste any money. I got tired of purchasing the same ship over and over just a little bit different. But yeah maybe we get a Legendary Galor and other Alien ships but I doubt it.

Agreed.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a mirror (either legendary or not) bundle indeed. But I wouldn't be impressed either if it turned out to be true.

I already own the 10th anniversary pack and I'm not interested in getting some small variations of existing ships either.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Maybe it'll be a species-themed pack.

Legendary Kumari, Legendary D'Kyr, Legendary Xindi ships (4), Tellarite and Caitian ships. Not all of them have lower tier versions, but that's a criterion they invented afterwards anyway (we have a legendary Crossfield after all).

Such a pack would bring great diversity and add something for fans of many different species. Even if they only limited the pack to the founding species.

Or leave out species like the Xindi to include a Gorn and Cardassian design for example.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Personally, I am more curious about what they will do for the anniversary event prize(s) rather than a bundle I cannot afford anyway.
  • haamre00haamre00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I don't think the Negh'var would be a valid option - as they'd then have to either sell the Bortasq flagship alone, or find some other Klingon ship to go along into the legendary field. I do think it's more viable to suspect that we will be getting a Klingon "flagship bundle", much similar to the D'deridex & Scimitar one from the Romulans...
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I so badly want a legendary promethius.
    Personally, I am more curious about what they will do for the anniversary event prize(s) rather than a bundle I cannot afford anyway.

We already know it's going to be a Fed + Rom hybrid Science ship, we just don't know what it's gonna look like or what kind of seating it will have.
    haamre00 wrote: »
    I don't think the Negh'var would be a valid option - as they'd then have to either sell the Bortasq flagship alone, or find some other Klingon ship to go along into the legendary field. I do think it's more viable to suspect that we will be getting a Klingon "flagship bundle", much similar to the D'deridex & Scimitar one from the Romulans...

I'm honestly not sure the Bortasqu will ever get a Legendary at this point. If they had done a big Klingon bundle on par with the 10th anniversary bundle last year then it would have been guaranteed for parity, but since that didn't happen it's kinda hard to justify because it's not a Canon design (the Odyssey was an exception only because it is an Enterprise). Don't get me wrong, I want it to get a Legendary, I just don't think it's going to happen anymore.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Hoping the next Alliance ship looks better than the previous two.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2022
    Many however greatly enjoyed the Klingon / Romulan variation, so hopefully the next is just as great!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497353

Also as @reyan01 stated we did see this, could be perhaps a CSTORE (normal) bundle, yet given the Anniversary coming perhaps Legendary Mirror Bundle. Will the Enterprise F be added to the Mirror Legendary Bundle, that likely drive the cost up a bit.

I wished they'd consider a moderate Starter Pack for several Legendary Bundles that included at least 2 Ships, that could then be discounted off one of the larger packs when upgrade. They tried that for Gamma, yet the Starter entry price was too low to encourage too many more to go all the way.
    0zxlclk.png
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    If Fed themed? A Legendary Akira, Constellation, Nebula and Prometheus. All of which have a few variants in game, but are a bit lacking at T-6. Although I suspect that the Akira, nebula and Constellation Cryptic may just opt for standalone "bundles" with add on stuff.

If Mixed? Cardassian Galor, Jem'Hadar Bug, Romulan Mogai, Ferengi Marauder.
    edited January 2022

We already know it's going to be a Fed + Rom hybrid Science ship, we just don't know what it's gonna look like or what kind of seating it will have.

That is what I am hoping for, especially if it is science spearhead type instead of a traditional science ship layout since they are almost nonexistent in the game so far. There has not been much in the way of new singularity core ships lately either, so if it is singularity powered it would be even better (yes, I am one of those weird people who like those cores).
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

That is what I am hoping for, especially if it is science spearhead type instead of a traditional science ship layout since they are almost nonexistent in the game so far. There has not been much in the way of new singularity core ships lately either, so if it is singularity powered it would be even better (yes, I am one of those weird people who like those cores).

F*** NO!
    That would utterly ruin a Science Vessel.
    edited January 2022

F*** NO!
    That would utterly ruin a Science Vessel.

How so? It does not ruin the Surhuelh or the Caprimul, you just have to take the core's idiosyncrasies into account like you do with any singularity cored ship when making the build and flying it.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    No chance of the Olympic, considering the anniversary ship is 99% likely to be an alliance science ship.
    My money is on a JH/Cardi bundle either a bug / capital ship or Galor / Keldon, or a mix. that's assuming it's a multi-ship bundle. for single ships, Bug, Galor, D'Kora. for a everybody gets one (Except the JH) a legendary Dyson Destroyer bundle
    Spock.jpg

imma say i lean that a mirror legendary is not going to be it...
    why?

most of the current ships, some legendary (i think), come with a mirror skin...no?

could be wrong, and i know not all of them, but many have recently been afforded the new skins.

The only one of the new 2409 Terran designs to be released to players so far is the Gagarin, so the Terran bundle is certainly possible ... I just wouldn't be very excited about it and idk how many players would be. My 2409 Terran flies the Legendary Gal-X because I prefer the yellow markings over the red, and I am getting to the point that I have too many characters (22 level 65s, 4 more that need to be leveled, and a few more that I'm planning).

The one and only thing that MIGHT get me interested in a big Terran bundle is a tactical heavy Intrepid that I could use the Warship Voyager skin on, but that would also put me in the situation of possibly having two characters using essentially the same ship (my only Science character uses the Legendary Intrepid).
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.