test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SIMPLIFY - Combine Story Episode Missions into rep system

tonywctonywc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Reputation System
I've been getting back into the game lately and I've really been enjoying myself. There has been some systems though that have drug that enjoyment down and honestly kept me from coming back earlier. There are too many systems of complexity in the game. I plan to offer some suggestions on how I think the game could be changed to keep its current balance but remove items that I see as unnecessary. I'm very ignorant and I'm an outsider looking in so please give me context where I lack it.

Currently there are a ton of different systems in this game. It's sometimes difficult to see how they relate to one another. I think much of this could be resolved in how you present the content. What if the reputation system was tied to your story progress. Instead of waiting until you're 50+ to gain access to the rep system tie them to your story progression so that as you move through your story you can start gaining reputation along the way. It could be shown as a life path.

The following is an image I'm borrowing for SWTOR,

swtor_sor01_04.jpg

Imagine if each step of our journey in a Rep system looked like this. With each advancement we'd have to pay in to then get access to some specific DOFF missions, Admiralty missions, or Patrols. Rewards should be dulled out more often in my opinion to help the player continually feel a sense of progression. So instead of getting a large payout at tier 1-5 there would be many more tiers that each have a payout with maybe one or two things. Titles, Doff missions that you gain access to. I'd even block some of the progression until the users completes a chapter of story.

Tying the content that exists already together in a way that would help players feel like there is more going on in a setting and a story that just what happens in the episodes would be really wonderful.

There are other things that could be done here to get players back into old content, like give crafting discounts based on performance or achievements earned from different episodes.

I also think that the items that you can purchase out of reps needs to be relocated to R&D. You only gain access after achieving the appropriate levels in the rep system.

I could go into more detail on this, but that's the gist.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,453 Arc User
    I do not agree with the proposal.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.