test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kirk Class not included in Promo Packs- PS4

nabreus1985nabreus1985 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Upon opening several promo boxes on 30/12/21 on PS4, the shop description stated the new Kirk Class ship was available in boxes.
I received a promo pack, but upon inspection, it was NOT on the list.
Spoken with several players on Facebook who have had the issues.
I specifically bought £80 worth of Zen to get these promo packs. So I hope when the ship DOES come around to appearing on consoles these pack can be honoured and we can get the ship?

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    The Kirk class hasn't been released on Consoles yet, which is why you can't pick it from those boxes.
    The blog post also states that "packs on PC will also include the Kirk Class as a choice" which indicates that it is not in the list of ships you can claim on Consoles.
    Whenever the Kirk class actually is released, if you can keep the box until then, it should become available as an option.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • nabreus1985nabreus1985 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks for that, and yes on the blog it does, but I had only gone off what it had said on the description in the store. And there it DOES state that the Kirk Class IS available.
  • baltimoremd21217baltimoremd21217 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I was told to report the bug here as my fellow Capt said previously I understand that's you are saying it not on console yet.
    But you advertised the product in the promotion. I have the screenshots that say if you open this pack you will receive all previously released ships including THE NEW KIRK CLASS Heavy battle Crusier T6
    I've spent $300.00 trying to obtain the ship.and have two T6 packs from your research and development limited time special. The ship is not there. That is false advertisement when you offer something and that product is not available. So since it's not available and you advertised it as such. You should give us another box for waiting. Thus mistake is not ours it's yours. We as your loyal customers after spending our hard earned money should be compensated for the inconvenience.
    Post edited by baltimoremd21217 on
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13704154/#Comment_13704154
    Well, you've likely seen the announcement now, but it appears you won't have to hold on to that unopened R&D Promo box for much longer...
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11505283
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • nabreus1985nabreus1985 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My question is, and my other fellow Captain is also aware of too… we are aware that the Kirk Class WILL be coming to consoles on the 13th of January, will the promo packs we currently have for a T6 promo ship, INCLUDE the Kirk Class?
    As it was stated on the store description on the 30th of December when the promo packs went on sale.
    A lot of people have spent a lot of money to acquire these packs, so if we can have a definite yes or no as to whether the new Kirk Class will appear in these packs?
    When new ships are released in the R&D bonus box, it would be an enormous amount of work to make a whole new identical box and populate it's entire loot table with the new ship + all the existing ships. I believe I'm correct in saying new ships are just added to the existing box loot table.
    Sooo I waited as you said, I even one another the Kirk class wasn't in the previous two r&d boxes Nor was it in the new one after the update. Still no Kirk class what do I do now?
    I did open my r&d promo box which was to include the Kirk Class now I have 3 total that do not have the ship in it. When will the ship drop and when can I expect the ship to he placed in the box? Thanks
    Ok because I was working, just got the update about the KIRK class ship. My only question is I've opened the boxes but have not chosen a ship. Will I still get the Kirk class when it updates?
    Will I still get the Kirk class when it updates?
    I believe I'm correct in saying new ships are just added to the existing box loot table.
    Saying that, it might be worth checking in with Customer Support anyway.
  • stl024stl024 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hello, my name is Justin and I just want to inform you that when I won the promotional tier 6 box, the Kirk class ship was not among tier 6 ships. This happen when the game was updated on the PS4.
    stl024 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Justin and I just want to inform you that when I won the promotional tier 6 box, the Kirk class ship was not among tier 6 ships. This happen when the game was updated on the PS4.

• speedforce13#1989 speedforce13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    With them not telling when it will be fixed we are looking at two possibilites. 1 they can't fix and the person that can fix was fired or 2 cbs told them to pull it and wait till discovery comes back in february and release it then.
    Given that content that comes to PC will always come to Console too, I believe we are simply back to just waiting for the Kirk to be implemented into Console builds. It was clearly intended to be in last week's patch but for some reason, it wasn't.
    Patience is what we must exercise, even though frustration may very well come with it, for now...
  • geekzilla#7855 geekzilla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Does anyone know if this is - in fact - fixed on PS4? Support closed my ticket without really addressing my concern (again).
    Does anyone know if this is - in fact - fixed on PS4? Support closed my ticket without really addressing my concern (again).
    Resolved an issue that was preventing the Kirk Class Temporal Heavy Battlecruiser from being available in the Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack.