test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: The Other Jupiters

It would be awesome if the devs could add the other models from the Jupiter design contest as either ships of their own or as kitbashing for the Jupiter. There were some awesome models in that contest and i think its sad they are not getting used.​​
gQytlm7.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    While my favorite choice didn't win in the end, I think their time would be better spent adding new things as opposed to just making a bunch of similar skins for a single ship or making a bunch of ships that look very alike
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish they could add the other Risa Science ship designs particularly C.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The Jupiter Beta design would be a great base for a Alliance carrier with Fed/Rom influence​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I'm days away from having a Jupiter for a character I specifically made for it. Perhaps they could buff support carriers to not be obsolete and fix Callisto's while they are at it.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    What I'm honestly surprised about, is given they did some, or part of the work on other Federation carriers in the contest; surprised they didn't offer one variation, smaller design as a separate variation in CSTORE.
    0zxlclk.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    strathkin wrote: »
    What I'm honestly surprised about, is given they did some, or part of the work on other Federation carriers in the contest; surprised they didn't offer one variation, smaller design as a separate variation in CSTORE.

They seem to do that a lot actually.

There was even a "Pathyeager" that was made recently, with at least enough detail and coding to produce one of those introduction movie things as a joke, which should be almost trivial to finish off and either put in the cstore or as a T6 prize for a single-segment (not campaign) event like the one that featured the mirror Gagarin a few months ago, though they probably never will do so.

It would be more efficient to put some of those nearly done ships out in a useable form, which would add some much-needed traditional design diversity, but it is possible that the devs see it as "junk" ships possibly diluting the market for their lockbox and other premium ships or whatever. Whatever the reason, it is a shame that the potential for good affordable ships is wasted like that.
  • naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2022

There was even a "Pathyeager" that was made recently, with at least enough detail and coding to produce one of those introduction movie things as a joke, which should be almost trivial to finish off and either put in the cstore or as a T6 prize for a single-segment (not campaign) event like the one that featured the mirror Gagarin a few months ago, though they probably never will do so.

It would be more efficient to put some of those nearly done ships out in a useable form, which would add some much-needed traditional design diversity, but it is possible that the devs see it as "junk" ships possibly diluting the market for their lockbox and other premium ships or whatever. Whatever the reason, it is a shame that the potential for good affordable ships is wasted like that.
    I wouldn't expect it to be trivial to finish off that joke Pathyeager ship.

The ship guy mentioned on the stream that you can edit demorecord files to substitute any piece of a ship with any other piece. So it's likely it wasn't even an actual modeled thing, just an edited hack. The ship never actually moves during the video(likely because it can't since its a hack), and it doesn't look like it even uses the in-game warp out animation at the end, but rather a photoshoped one(again, likely because it was a hack). Even if it was modeled it was probably modeled as a singular piece, and just placed over an actual in-game ship as a costume like ship holo devices work.

To make it playable you would have to start over entirely from scratch. They would have to in order to build it like other ships with interchangeable parts, to make sure the various hull materials transfer between the saucer and the rest of the ship properly, and to set up the weapon hardpoints and impulse trails correctly. Not to mention the work that would need to go into making a special gimmick power/console. Also, that was done by a fan. So they couldn't use his model in the first place, if they had modeled it, since it isn't from a signed contractor.

To get it actually in-game would require just making a whole ship from zero.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

To be honest, I would share their opinion that such ships are junk ships.

No offense to those who like the design you mention, but I've always thought it looked awful. Something a small kid could create by combining two different sets of LEGO or something.

Our ship Devs can make more interesting and better designs, so I hope they'll focus on that.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wish they could add the other Risa Science ship designs particularly C.

was that the Biodome one? Because i still want that more than any other ship in game.​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.