test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kortar Raptor

acerbics#1854 acerbics Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited December 2021 in The Shipyard
Okay, well while editing a post I made on here, I got an error message and the whole thing was deleted.
So... Time to redo it I suppose.

I want to work on getting the Honor Guard stuff, so I'll need a bunch of Borg Neural Processors.
To that end, the point of this discussion:

How good does the gear on your ship need to be to start doing advanced TFOs?
I started doing some of the normal ones today, and I survive alright in them. Something tells me that won't be the case for the advanced ones though.
If someone more knowledgeable could give me a hand with figuring something out, it'd be a huge help.

Here's my ship as it is currently: https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/c3488cdbc0132820a9a959dfeceedbc8

Any suggestions on what to do to upgrade? I'm quite horrible with that on this game. There's a whole lot of items from different places that I don't know how to obtain, with statistics I don't understand the meaning of, lol.
Mission rewards are the only place I know of to look for equipment, and after looking around I can't find anything that seems much better to my eyes.
Post edited by acerbics#1854 on

Comments

• acerbics#1854 acerbics Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Not currently in a fleet, maybe I'll sprint around on Qo'noS for awhile and see if I get any invites, lol.
    The warp core I'm using right now is from the mission Butterfly (along with one of the turrets and the disentanglement science console). I think the set bonus from that gives extra tetryon damage.
    That said, I'm not deadset on using tetryon. I was using antiproton before (Mk XI weapons from Fluid Dynamics), but an old character from about 2 years ago had a whole bunch of Tetryon Mk XIII dual cannons, and I figured that would be better than the Mk XI ones I was using for now.

As for upgrades, you mean through the whole R&D deal?
    I legit only found out that existed a few days ago, so I'm still figuring out how it works and how to level it. Might be a bit before I can do that.

Also updated the link to show traits.

Thanks for the reply, I'll get to working on as much of that as I can.

Edit: After looking around in game for a bit, the turret with acc doesn't give me the option to re-engineer it. It's a mission reward, I don't know if that means I can't re-engineer it, but the button doesn't show up when I right click on it.

Also don't think the set I'm using increases tetryon damage, it gives a space skill:
    Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Discharge
    Energy damage to targets in range, then area damage around targets
    Affects foe (10 max)
    5,719.1 Tetryon damage to enemy targets within 10km radius
    Affected targets then take 1,146.6 tetryon damage in 2km radius around targets (ignores shields)
    Hmm. Thanks for the advice.
    Staying true to form for my usual self, in the face of so much work I'll probably wind up saying 'forget it' and either restart, or give up and do something else.

Was at the same point trying to do the same thing a couple years ago as well.
    Never got the thing I wanted unlocked, and just quit playing until now.

Maybe I should choose a faction that doesn't have an outfit I want locked behind advanced TFOs.
    That was my whole point in wanting to do them, lol. Get the set so I can continue playing the story content.
    Wanted to get it while I still had missions with cutscenes and whatnot left.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Here's my ship as it is currently:

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/c3488cdbc0132820a9a959dfeceedbc8

Any suggestions on what to do to upgrade?

I think you're already there with respect to doing advanced TFO's. You've taken a good deal of care with your build.

If you're going to take things further you might want to consider an alternate energy type that's perhaps more mainstream such as phaser or disruptor.

There's more story line rewards and reputation items available that go well with these energy types but no reason you can't have fun right now working with what you have though as you already seem to have everything needed. Nicely done so far.

It's time for some RATFOS (random advanced TFO's) :+1:

I wouldn't be in any rush to upgrade anything.

For your tactical boff abilities a second copy of attack pattern beta 1 would be nice - it's quite important. Cannon Scatter Volley could be a good candidate for your highest ranked (commander) boff ability as more targets equals more damage. You could hang on to a single copy of Cannon Rapid Fire as it'll generate less threat with only a single target or fill in the hole with Best Served Cold from the winter event store or perhaps there's a pilot ability you'd like to try? Experiment and use whatever works best for you.

Using the universal boff slot as an engineer would allow for a second copy of emergency power to weapons and Auxiliary Power to the Structural Integrity Field. Having your weapons power set to maximum and EPtW up all the time is going to help feed all those cannons and turrets so you do more damage. A2SiF is a very nice hull heal and gets your damage resist up <--it's going to come in real handy on a lighter ship. For RATFOS all that's really needed for science is usually Science Team and Hazard Emitters. Polarize Hull could be substituted for ST.

EPtW -> CSV -> APB -> TT and repeat.

Two out of three neutronium consoles are really unnecessary due to diminishing returns. You could replace them all with a Trellium D console (story line reward) and have about the same resists. The reinforced armaments console is another good free engineering console from playing the story that gives three good things.

The Temporal Disentanglement Suite science console is excellent for the CrtH and CrtD it adds. I'd consider your other two science consoles as temporary until you can fill them with something better.

The Assimilated Console is very good for filling holes. It adds more CrtH and CrtD and some weapons power.

The emitter refocuser console from the storyline boosts tetryon and is a science console.

There's a mission reward for unlocking and being able to craft Reactive Armor Catalysts. These will come in really handy in one of your device slots. Being able to pop one real quick with a handy mouse side button works for me when running low on hull.

There might be other space sets that provide more for you than the KHG set such as the Discovery reputation core and shield. This set can go further than the KHG in providing your light ship with more hull and higher hull regeneration rates which really seems to help. A reputation space set is something to work towards, everybody enters TFO's using a story line set.

Aside from a little bit of fine tuning and seeing what works best for you I wouldn't be too concerned or feel pressured about getting things "perfect" right off the bat.

Far better to have some fun in advanced TFO's while working on your reputation and experiment and make small changes as you go based on what you have and what you like :smile:
    And here I was ready to just make a new character again.
    I guess loading into an advanced TFO and seeing how it went is something I could've done before going and making a thread, but y'know... Don't want to go blow up 18 times and potentially make the mission fail for everyone else.

I'll work on incorporating what both of you said, and play one or two meanwhile and see how it goes.
    If it goes well, awesome. If it's catastrophic, still have the fallback of nixing that character, and making one in a different faction.

Gracias for the replies, the help is much appreciated.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Nothing really hard fails these days. A focus on blowing up less over time is perfectly acceptable.

You've already taken more care than many players to ensure your ship is working well.

Having an engineer in a lighter but very powerful ship can be a nice combination.

Don't forget to add Fleet Coordinator as a personal space trait.