test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will the 10th anniversary legendary bundle return?

captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Hello, I really want to buy the 10th anniversary bundle does anyone think it will return this Xmas or new year ? What’s your view ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Its returned already. High chance it will come back again.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Last year it came back for the weekend before Christmas on Console and the week leading up to New Years on PC, so I'd say there's a pretty good chance it'll be back at some point this month.

The STO wiki has all previous availability listed here: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/10th_Anniversary_Legendary_Starship_Bundles
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Aye, Cryptic knows it's popular. Cryptic invested all that time & resources in creating it so as others have stated it's returned already multiple times & I'm confident it'll return again.

Cryptic wants to manage the 10th Anniversary's availability to keep fear-of missing-out peaked & to coordinate it not out-shining whatever newest bundle they're trying to sell.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    No... I think its more they're gonna pull it out for major sales. Not the FOMO.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    i wish they would wait until after the holidays to put the bundle back out. you know, when everyone has their gift cards and Christmas money.​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    It will! :)
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

have to ask then... @ambassadorkael#6946 will they ever be sold as single buy options?

I'd think highly doubtful but as usual it's what the market would dictate.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited December 2021

have to ask then... @ambassadorkael#6946 will they ever be sold as single buy options?

At this point I'm going to say the answer is probably no. If it ever DID happen though you'd probably be looking at 6-9k zen per ship to ensure the bundle provides the best value for your money.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,588 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

So far, every Legendary ship has only been available as part of a bundle. After two years? I don't see them breaking that pattern.

We have had legendary captain bundles with but one ship on offer. We have also had one with two ships.

They have already broken that pattern. Will they break the ships up out of the old packs ? Who knows, they seem pretty keyed up to throw everything they can into the zen store to make money the last 6 months or so.

I don't expect they will break up the big fed pack... but I wouldn't rule it out. I could see them breaking it into two somehow. I imagine after 2 years and a couple opportunities... the prospect of breaking it up into two or three smaller packs with a 25% discount, might mean more $$$ for Cryptic then discounting the whole thing as much as they would need to really grab sales from people that skipped it two or three times already. Some of those folks might bite on a smaller pack with the one or two ships they might want.
    edited December 2021
    husanakx wrote: »

So far, every Legendary ship has only been available as part of a bundle. After two years? I don't see them breaking that pattern.

We have had legendary captain bundles with but one ship on offer. We have also had one with two ships.

They have already broken that pattern....

Um, no. Those ships were still in a bundle, just that the bundle consisted of a single ship and a bunch of non-ship items.

They were also not the same ships as the larger bundles.

Yes they included a level 65 token and sold for 6k.

Don't underestimate Cryptics Greed and Laziness. If you could spin 3 or 4 of the 10th ann ships off 2 years after the bundle launched and pull in some 6k sales of them one at a time ? That sounds like a very Cryptic thing to do imo.

When they run out of Old lockbox ships (more then 2 years old) to add to mudd bundles... I wouldn't be shocked if they start doing smaller 2 ship bundles which include one of the newish lockbox/promo ships + 1 from previous leg pack ship. Don't be shocked when they start getting people to REBUY 10th ann ships in 2 packs to grab some lockbox console. At some point don't be shocked to see say the Atlas bundled with one of the 10th ann cruisers for 8k with the launch 50% off.

After the 10th mega bundle... they have clearly been testing smaller and smaller Legendary bundles. They know their market.

They have already broken that pattern....

Um, no. Those ships were still in a bundle, just that the bundle consisted of a single ship and a bunch of non-ship items.

They were also not the same ships as the larger bundles.

Yes they included a level 65 token and sold for 6k.

Don't underestimate Cryptics Greed and Laziness. If you could spin 3 or 4 of the 10th ann ships off 2 years after the bundle launched and pull in some 6k sales of them one at a time ? That sounds like a very Cryptic thing to do imo.

When they run out of Old lockbox ships (more then 2 years old) to add to mudd bundles... I wouldn't be shocked if they start doing smaller 2 ship bundles which include one of the newish lockbox/promo ships + 1 from previous leg pack ship. Don't be shocked when they start getting people to REBUY 10th ann ships in 2 packs to grab some lockbox console. At some point don't be shocked to see say the Atlas bundled with one of the 10th ann cruisers for 8k with the launch 50% off.

After the 10th mega bundle... they have clearly been testing smaller and smaller Legendary bundles. They know their market.

Speculating on what they might do in the future, is quite different from your earlier (incorrect) statement that they had already done it.

It wasn't incorrected. You can consider a 65 token a bundle all you like. They have released 5 Legendary packs that contain a single ship... the fact that they threw in some ground equip or a level 65 token is irrelevant. They where priced to sell as a single Legendary ship. They have also recently released a 2 pack... and their follow up 11th ann pack was clearly reduced in size.
    edited December 2021
    Whether or not they should sell Legendary ships individually... is a very different discussion from whether or not they already have.

you are splitting hairs mate. his point, and correct, not withstanding some stupid variance of "captain bundles," or other name given, was that they have offered legendary ships as single buy options, so why not offer ships from the 10th anni in some fashion akin to what they have already done?

So calling a bundle a bundle is "splitting hairs" dependent on its contents?

It rather sounds like the opposite should be true. (Claiming that it is "not a bundle" because it only contains one item you want to talk about.)

Also I will point out - again - that each Legendary ship has only been available in one way... the ships you're referring to are not the same ships.

Do you think people where really ever going to pay 12k zen or even 6k on sale for a single Captain level 65 boost ? Or some ground equip loot boxes ? They where selling ships and throwing a few somewhat useless things in to market it as a "bundle".

I guess that very weak marking spin worked on at least one of us. ;)

Anyway we can agree to disagree, it really doesn't matter all that much. Will they release previous Legendary ships into new smaller "bundles" ? Who knows... its a fact however that since the first pack they have been releasing smaller packs, again 5 of which only feature one ship and are priced accordingly. I have a feeling they are fully aware they could probably sell more with a broken down 10th ann pack then most other new "legendary" ships they could add. It would not shock me in anyway if they broke the 10th down into 2 3 or 4 smaller packages, perhaps not one offs but who knows. Putting ships on the zen store is all they do anymore it seems. :)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Guys put the pitchforks down and call it a day. You're arguing in circles at this point over semantics and not accomplishing anything. You're both right and wrong at the same time.

By the definition of the word bundle if an item is sold together with another item, such as a ship plus a level 65 token, or multiple ships. Both by definition are bundles because you are getting more than one item for your purchase. Not liking what's in the bundle doesn't mean it isn't a bundle. So far we've seen multiple legendary ships appear in the same bundle, and we've seen legendary ships appear as the only ship in a bundle that's coupled with non-ship items. Both are valid forms of bundle. What we haven't seen yet is a legendary ship on its own as a single item purchase that doesn't include additional non-ship items. If you guys want to ask for them to sell the ships individually as single ship purchases, by all means you're allowed to do so, just do it civilly and without the pitchforks.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    all i know if that io would like to finally get the 10th bundle, i have missed it every time its been out.​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    edited December 2021

Never say never, but it's not in the current plans.
  • live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    It's far from main topic, but i also wish to share my thoughts on legendary captain and anniversary bundles.

In my opinion, the captain bundles are overpriced/have too much filler items - "fair" would be a price tag of max 8K with a chance to get it 50% off at 4K zen. This is still a much higher price, then a regular c-store ship, but it's not as ridiculous, as the current price is (12k for a single ship and... stuff? come on).

The 11th anniversary bundle is actualy reasonably priced, but we did get only a 25% discount at release and that was a crappy move, since all other bundles came at a 50% discounted price on release (afaik, i could be wrong, but seems to me that recently all stuff in c-store got a 50% price reduction on release).

And the 10th anniversary bundle... many people are sour about the fact that we don't get as big and "cheap" bundles(yeah, i know, it's not exactly cheap, but it's very reasonable, relative to other c-store prices), but they miss the point of the jubilee occasion - 10 years since the release of the game. It's kinda "normal" to get better stuff on such occasions... right?

• zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I would prefer to know when bundles come. Sales can remain suprises. I would love to see a calender with the bundles, holidays and phoenix events and similar on it.

Its not like we wait until its cheaper and just let it sit in the zen store until the sale comes. Its not like the 11th anniversary bundle which is always available unlike the 10th which makes absolutely no sense at all.

Why make it so mysterious about the temporary things?
    Why even only make it a temporary thing for one but not the other?
    Why not have these things permanently in the store so people can buy them when they want instead of waiting an unknown amount of time?
    Or is this one of the "its better if less people have the bundle so it remains a special thing" things?
This discussion has been closed.