test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My idea for a dil ex fix

xanchaxancha Member Posts: 65 Arc User
OK this may cause some heat but here is my idea to fix the dil ex.

i remember when to transwarp to a mission start point you had to pay energy credits to do so. how about return to that but instead of paying EC you pay dil. How much dil depend on distance and what quadrant you need to go to.

*Now runs and hides behind Q*
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    It wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket. People would just fly there. Its like charging 2500 for rerolls... people just forget rerolls exist.

The sad fact is Cryptic doesn't really want to "fix" it. They are fine with it taking weeks and perhaps months to convert. They will continue to drop 15k+ zen ship packs monthly until it takes 6 months like their other game to convert game currency.

Can't fix what isn't broken. Its working as intended.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Back when the dilex rate was more favorable it seemed to be related to a good number of players spending all their earned dil in addition to zen to dil in an ongoing and robust manner.

I agree it wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket.

Until the ratio of spenders and savers changes I think things will stay about the same.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    There's also another matter that this punishes those with little Dil (aka new players) without really changing the situation for those who have massive amounts of dil.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    My idea is to offer new ships as "Major Projects". Sort of like Fleet Projects, only instead of a bunch of people building fleet stuff, it would be a solo project, you "building" a T6 ship. And then when its done, you get the ship and you can start another if its available. now when its complete, you will have spent somewhere between 5-10 million dil (how however much it needs to be to be considered a worthwhile sink.)

the goal would be for this to be a long term sink, as to not just be giving away free ships every week. we'd be talking months of dil investment. sure, the people who have TRIBBLE tons of dil will get theirs first. big whoops. but then they'll be out again.​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    honestly, move things like uniforms from the C store to the lobi store and add lobi to phoenix boxes.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.