Q's Winter Wonderland!

13»

Comments

• keepcalmchiveon
    keepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    yeah, confirm that two are missing from the store. got the chu chu and the badgie, but the other two are MIA
    meh

• tilarta
    tilarta Member Posts: 1,796 Arc User
    Checked on my Romulan, same result.
    Badgey and Chu Hu only/

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • saurializard
    saurializard Member Posts: 4,232 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Note that despite following the account, I only just found out about this. And purely through sheer luck because I was looking for something else on my timeline.

And no info on the Agimus one, though it can be assumed it's the same bug.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nommo#5819
    nommo#5819 Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Well, my Andorian will have a field day with that ground set - I already have him set up with cold stuff.​​

I plan to do something similar but with my toon that I used that lobi Breen costume on.
  • captaincelestial
    captaincelestial Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Note that despite following the account, I only just found out about this. And purely through sheer luck because I was looking for something else on my timeline.

And no info on the Agimus one, though it can be assumed it's the same bug.

When I went to get the Dog shirt for my recent AoY character, it randomly gave me the Agimus shirt instead. Mind you, he's Starfleet and I haven't tried to get sweaters yet for my other characters, so I've no idea if there's additional problems for other factions :open_mouth:

Edit: I just checked on the sweaters, and it looks like Agimus was also pulled along with Dog. They must have received reports about people not being able to get that sweater as well directly from the Event Store.
  • jcsww
    jcsww Member Posts: 6,555 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    Or maybe a talking sled named Bob?
    Bob: You're taking that turn too fast! Slow down!

I like the idea of Bob sledding, but no racing please, that means we have compete against an NPC or a group of players.
    "Rose Bob..."

SledBob SnowPants. :P
  • zedbrightlander1
    zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,586 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    "Q’s Winter Wonderland will be available from December 7th, 2020 to January 6th, 2021"
    "Winter 2020 pets"

Errmmm.....
    Setting course for Bepi 113.

"Timeline restored. Captain."
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • unclegoldie
    unclegoldie Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    No ship announcement :( How dissapointing.
    westmetals wrote: »
    It said that there is a ship but it is being announced separately.
    If you cant announce the new ship AND the event at the same time then you should not announce the event either!
    Go back through previous years posts and see the pattern...
    The Event is almost always announced separately from the Ship.
    Event Blogs:
    Ship Blogs:
    If you cant announce the new ship AND the event at the same time then you should not announce the event either!
    Especially when some of us CANT watch the Ten Forward Weekly!.
    What's stopping you from watching it? Do you lack a web browser? If the timing is the issue, it's usually up on YouTube not long after and I'm pretty sure you've heard of it...
    ...and not to mention, there'd be a blog posted afterwards too.

For some reason, none of the streams from the last couple of months have been uploaded to their YT channel, and not everyone has a Twitch account (I don't), so it's understandable that some people may not be able to catch a Ten Forward Weekly.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • fred26291#2759
    fred26291#2759 Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 27
    Redacted.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • imelchori42
    imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    so after playing through a few games.

- the snowball fight could be shortened by 10 minutes. every time ive played the event, its finished after about 5 or a few more minutes including the boss.

then youre basically waiting 15 to 20 minutes for the next event.

- the event TFO could use a shorter cooldown. 10 to 15 minutes.

- tide of ice was probably the most fun game (personal opinion) and it would be cool if it was developed into its own event TFO into a dungeon defenders style minigame where you can place turrets and traps between waves on a more complex map layout.

just a suggestion for the next winter event.
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    edited December 2021

- the snowball fight could be shortened by 10 minutes. every time ive played the event, its finished after about 5 or a few more minutes including the boss.

- tide of ice was probably the most fun game (personal opinion) and it would be cool if it was developed into its own event TFO into a dungeon defenders style minigame where you can place turrets and traps between waves on a more complex map layout.

Agree with the suggestion pertaining to the Snowball fight. It might be improved by the SnowOverlord being a bit more resilient too - as things stands it's pretty easily defeated which does, as you suggest, result in the Snowball fight ending in short order and a long fester before the next activity commences.

Also annoying that the races are very often one after another. I don't enjoy the race so don't do it, but that means either doing the TFO or something else as otherwise it's a long fester before any other activity starts.
    Post edited by reyan01 on
  • programmer1331#0737
    programmer1331#0737 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > It's almost time to return to Q's Winter Wonderland. Starting next week, you can earn brand new rewards, including a new T6 ship being announced on tomorrow's #TenForwardWeekly!
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11503513

Good day. Thank you so much for the update notification. We waited long enough, finally it will happen :)
  • crm14916
    crm14916 Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    Umm, you're already a week late, programmer...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • keepcalmchiveon

Agree with the suggestion pertaining to the Snowball fight. It might be improved by the SnowOverlord being a bit more resilient too - as things stands it's pretty easily defeated which does, as you suggest, result in the Snowball fight ending in short order and a long fester before the next activity commences.

Also annoying that the races are very often one after another. I don't enjoy the race so don't do it, but that means either doing the TFO or something else as otherwise it's a long fester before any other activity starts.

yes...more HP for the snowman.

and i always wondered why they were back to back as well. the race is ok for the endev, and the tags, but other than that i was always miffed by the back to back, and i only do it on occasion.
    meh

• inferiority
    inferiority Member Posts: 2,331 Arc User
    and i always wondered why they were back to back as well. the race is ok for the endev, and the tags, but other than that i was always miffed by the back to back, and i only do it on occasion.
    Have you noticed that each activity on the rotation is given roughly 15 minutes? (The Kramp'Ihri is an exception with some events shortened to 10-12 minutes to accommodate the short run time.) The race can be done twice within the allotted time, allowing for a sufficient gap between them. There's always events that we don't really like doing - for me it's Cones of Conduct, so I skip that.
    Another thing to note is the full rotation of events is 90 minutes long, giving plenty of time to have a break from QWW and to do other things.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • phoenixc#0738
    phoenixc#0738 Member Posts: 4,210 Arc User
    I usually use the downtime at the end of the snowball fight to bounce out and do some endeavors or other space stuff, so it never bothered me.
  • keepcalmchiveon
    Have you noticed that each activity on the rotation is given roughly 15 minutes? (The Kramp'Ihri is an exception with some events shortened to 10-12 minutes to accommodate the short run time.) The race can be done twice within the allotted time, allowing for a sufficient gap between them. There's always events that we don't really like doing - for me it's Cones of Conduct, so I skip that.
    Another thing to note is the full rotation of events is 90 minutes long, giving plenty of time to have a break from QWW and to do other things.

i have never put that much thought into it. makes sense as you have explained.

usually i hop in, do a few things, and bolt. come back...rinse repeat.

thanks for this though. makes more sense now for time frames and complete and total overall time cycle.
    meh

• roninwolf1981#2968
    roninwolf1981#2968 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I know I'm a bit late in chiming in, but I have to say that...
    I had fun with the Winter Event. This was my 2nd year playing this game, but this was my first Winter Wonderland event, and I had a blast. It's a shame I didn't get any of the kit modules or BOFF abilities this year, but there's always next year.

In the meantime, my next goal is to unlock as many emotes as possible with my characters with this Anniversary event coming up.

Winter Wonderland, I'll see you next year.
  • jcsww
    jcsww Member Posts: 6,555 Arc User
    I had fun with the Winter Event. This was my 2nd year playing this game, but this was my first Winter Wonderland event, and I had a blast. It's a shame I didn't get any of the kit modules or BOFF abilities this year, but there's always next year.

In the meantime, my next goal is to unlock as many emotes as possible with my characters with this Anniversary event coming up.

You should still be able to buy them from the Winter Event Store as long as you have the Ornaments to purchase them.
  • roninwolf1981#2968
    roninwolf1981#2968 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

You should still be able to buy them from the Winter Event Store as long as you have the Ornaments to purchase them.

Unfortunately, no, I don't have enough ornaments left over to buy any kits or BOFF skills at this point; I will have to wait until next year to accrue more to purchase some.
  • legendarylycan#5411
    legendarylycan#5411 Member Posts: 36,950 Arc User
    You know ornaments can be bought off the exchange, right?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents
    #LegalizeAwoo
    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.