test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter daily already done for today but have not done it yet

chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
So i logged on a few min ago and first thing i checked was to see if daily event had reset yet, apparently it has 19hrs 59min left and have done it twice,(thats what it said after first check) err no I haven't, has game given me a free day or is something screwy going on. This another "feature"?
Its like the game completed the daily when i logged on
  • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
  • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
  • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    i don't think so as the character I logged in on first was only made this year and first time at winter event for it was yesterday, could be the game gave me credit for yesterday and put and inventory item that i didn't notice, which then applied today when I logged on today., Guess I will see what happens tomorrow.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    I might have figured it out, earlier on I did Krampy and got a small popup on screen saying Gold daily reward, there is nothing in my inventory and am sure got the same yesterday, if same thing happens tomorrow then that might be it.
    edited December 2021
    timer has reset and was ready to go today, so dont know if that was it, will see
    edit, this is what I get when doing kramp tox56IN.jpg that was after doing fastest game on ice to do the daily.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I can pass this up the chain if you'd like.
    While a bit convenient, wouldn't be WAI and, well... can cause major confusion as we see here.

The progress is on a 20 hour cooldown. So having an item appear and then get spent after 20 hours on its own... if that is what is happening... I'm not sure that is working properly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    It is not an exaggeration to say that STO is one of the buggiest games I've ever played.

Clearly you haven't been playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah check your inventory... I've seen that hourglass icon show up there as an inventory item.

Yeah, I did have a look just to make sure, can't see anything with that icon, will see what happens tomorrow as today was ok, might have just been some one off glitch.

Has anyone else got this popup on krampy, I have done snowball fight, both races, ice fishing and ginger bread village and krampy was the only one to popup that message.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    If it does act weird definitely let us know
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

(Sorry, don't know how to do screenshots... got a new keyboard with no printscreen button!)

I found this for your problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/keyboard-shortcut-for-print-screen-601210c0-b3a9-7b58-bc40-bae4dcf5f108#:~:text=If your device does not,which can then be printed.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    @westmetals
    If you play through Steam, you can use Steam's screenshot key as well. Although I would recommend rebinding it as F12 (the default if I remember correctly) also has in game functionality involving the UI. I got my Steam screenshot key bound to Insert as, I know of no games that uses that key.

And I will shoot this up the chain again. I had already notified Kael and the other mods that I was keeping an eye on this, hence darkblade's appearance. But now... yea... shooting it up the chain. That is WEIRD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    ideally if you guys can get some video of this happening that would be great, otherwise anything to demonstrate this where we can see it could be helpful.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited December 2021
    so far it has not happened again for me, I logged in today and timer had reset ok, I did fastest game on ice for the daily, I opened my inventory before accepting the reward and a icon with the hourglass like in my screen shot did appear for a split second then vanished.
    I can take video of end of krampy if that will be any use.
    @westmetals which event did you do for daily?
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I can pass this up the chain if you'd like.
    While a bit convenient, wouldn't be WAI and, well... can cause major confusion as we see here.

The progress is on a 20 hour cooldown. So having an item appear and then get spent after 20 hours on its own... if that is what is happening... I'm not sure that is working properly.

I got one of the hourglass-icon-as-inventory-items again today. My timer runs out in 5 hours from this post... will let you know if it gets auto used after that.

(Sorry, don't know how to do screenshots... got a new keyboard with no printscreen button!)

Typing /screenshot into chat will work too, besides the OS keys the other posters mentioned.
    Sounds to me like the token is getting spent the second the 20 hour cooldown ends, thus giving progress and starting the cooldown again.

I haven't experienced this yet myself, but then again I've only been doing the old Ice Race that you can start any time rather than waiting for a specific event to come up.

I'd like to propose an experiment if anyone is willing to help.
    After getting a daily progress like normal from their preferred event, can someone run Fastest Game on Ice to see if another token is generated?

Reason for suggesting Fastest Game on Ice is because unlike the other events that are on a schedule, Fastest Game on Ice is a quest you pick up ANY time. Can easily test, and is pretty much a controlled variable. Hell... might even see if a second Fastest Game on Ice also generates a token like was mentioned above.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    It is not an exaggeration to say that STO is one of the buggiest games I've ever played.

Never played Jurassic World Alive, have you?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I have gotten the GOLD! popup several times when I shouldn't have because the daily event was already on cooldown, but so far no odd icon in inventory or other weird behavior except for the Breen offering Fastest Game on Ice twice in a row instead of going to timer that first time (it did not generate that thing in inventory though).
This discussion has been closed.