test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter event ship

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
So I missed out on the live stream what were the two ships they were talking about I heard one for the event and one for the lock box
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Aron deserved a better ship to be named after him. The toilet pedestal is actually pretty disrespectful to a DS9 and STO veteran. It should have either been classic Trek, or a Ferengi ship, but not bathroom class :-(
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    kayajay wrote: »
    It should have either been classic Trek, or a Ferengi ship, but not bathroom class :-(

CBS are the ones that designed the ship and named it after him, the only Cryptic decisions here were how to release it and what stats to give it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    > @kayajay said:
    > Aron deserved a better ship to be named after him. The toilet pedestal is actually pretty disrespectful to a DS9 and STO veteran. It should have either been classic Trek, or a Ferengi ship, but not bathroom class :-(

I would say that using someone's death as an attempt to justify why you don't like something is even more disrespectful.
    > @kayajay said:
    > Aron deserved a better ship to be named after him. The toilet pedestal is actually pretty disrespectful to a DS9 and STO veteran. It should have either been classic Trek, or a Ferengi ship, but not bathroom class :-(

I would say that using someone's death as an attempt to justify why you don't like something is even more disrespectful.

Annddd I think you're a sick and twisted mind to have taken that foul attempt to attack someone who doesn't appreciate the supposed design aesthetics of Discovery.
    edited December 2021
    Violent threats redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    At least it does not have the gaping ridiculous holes in it (really, what possible use could air and light shafts from 20th century buildings be in space?), or have half the hull glass, or just go through silly Transformers sequences for nothing like most of the other DSC s3 and s4 ships do. And since not only do the warp nacelle drones have small bussards on them, the main hull seems to have a big one on the front of the engineering section so they would not have to worry about somehow pumping fuel slush between the hulls.

They could have done far worse for Eisenberg than they did, as shown all too often.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    > @kayajay said:
    > Annddd I think you're a sick and twisted mind to have taken that foul attempt to attack someone who doesn't appreciate the supposed design aesthetics of Discovery.

Um. No. You don't get to tey to turn your own actions into my actions.
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    My holiday wish-list ship (since we're already covering plumbing & toilet fixtures):

Dyson Class Cruiser with giant vacuum sweeper visual
    -capable of ludicrous speed
    -Suck Console that removes atmosphere from entire planets
    -"Schwarz" trait that activates a raspberry jammer
    -Non combat pet MOG (Barf name not included)

I'd pop for over 2B EC for this!
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Going to love flying the Eisenberg just to annoy all the people that have a fanatical hatred of Discovery.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Going to love flying the Eisenberg just to annoy all the people that have a fanatical hatred of Discovery.
    I'm not particularly fond of Discovery but am going to fly the Eisenberg because it seems like a cool ship named after an actor I like. I honestly doubt you'll annoy anyone as there should be lot's of them in-game.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    This isn't about the "hatred of discovery", this is about how ugly that ship looks.
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Doesn't the winter event start on 12/7/2021, just logged in, no Q, or is it starting when they do their maint patch today?
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    Doesn't the winter event start on 12/7/2021, just logged in, no Q, or is it starting when they do their maint patch today?
    The latter. Like every event before.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    The latter. Like every event before.

Thanks, wasn't thinking straight.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Some light-hearted fun I just noticed:
    20211207190122_1.png?raw=1
    20211207191619_1.png?raw=1
    Angry dual-wielding cartoon doggo or shark.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Some light-hearted fun I just noticed:
    20211207190122_1.png?raw=1
    20211207191619_1.png?raw=1
    Angry dual-wielding cartoon doggo or shark.

That top picture explains the design, it was obviously built by the Snowconian :lol:
    Still loving the Walker Light Exploration Cruiser and the Constitution Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier, flying the beezus out of them.
This discussion has been closed.