test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant edit Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer Candidate

zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
The Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer Candidate is a Very Rare male Jem'Hadar tactical bridge officer unique reward for completion of the mission “Facility 4028”.

Rename and Modify at the Tailor are greyed out.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    That's intended - he refuses to wear anything but his own unique outfit and you can't rename his outfit either.
    If you want to rename him, you need to do it in the character sheet (U).
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I dont want to rename him. I want to modify his outfit to match the rest of the crew. He really stands out.

https://up.picr.de/42542616ec.jpg
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    I once made a false claim that I was able to edit his gear when I acquired him with my Jem'Hdar/Dominion guy...but then I found out that I never even commissioned him. I now feel like an idiot.
    Its an intentional bug then.

The hierachy and voth boff are probably not editable because of some parts of their body dont work with our clothing. Like hands, feet and head. But the chest, arms and legs are the same. I can accept that.

But this jemhadar is using the same body parts as our jemhadar toons. Same with the borg boffs. The only two reasons to prevent us from editing them are "we dont want you to edit them" and "we are too lazy to fix any issues so we disabled the edit feature for them".
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    This boff was added to the game in 2013, long before we had playable Jem'Hadar and other Jem'Hadar Bridge Officers.
    He was unique, and as such is locked into the one outfit.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Call it what you will. Its bad for the game either way. Nitpicking wont help.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    zarasz wrote: »
    Call it what you will. Its bad for the game either way. Nitpicking wont help.

Telling the proper definition of what a bug is and not your perception of what a bug is, is not nitpicking. Bugs by definition are not intentional.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    This is an intentional thing with this particular boff and is working as intended until Cryptic says otherwise. Its been that way since this guy was given to us. We can debate whether or not we should be able to edit his outfit, but facts are right now we can't. By definition a bug is an unintentional issue that pops up with the code that can be gamebreaking, or relatively benign and harmless. This is an intentional thing and is not a bug until a time you hear Cryptic say otherwise.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator