test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    Janri: I am glad that you came to me, after everything we've been through, its nice to have my daughter back in my life, and people I care about again. It was lonely on that colony. *She smiles softly as she finishes her soup*

*Kurata's vessel unloads a massive spread of polaron torpedoes on the hur'q, firing its polaron arrays and cannons at the vessels in range to hit as many of the targets as it can*

Kurata: We need to provide support for the disabled vessels before the hur'q finish them off.

Clea: I wonder if I should expect mine to just suddenly pop out then...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    Nick: We got one! You line up the swarmers on our 6' and I'll knock 'em down!

Koroh: Right!

*The Tepes Continues flying in the direction they're going, Locking Trajectory as the ship swings around 180 degrees, Firing Scattered Volleys of their Phaser Canons and a wide spread of Photon torpedoes into the swarm behind them, the phaser turrets and Railgun firing into the swarm behind them, inflicting heavy casualties before Turning 180 degrees in the direction they were going before, continuing on, outpacing and evading the agile fighters behind them*

Freeman: Anyways, I'll be done painting soon.. a bit depressed by lack of fox ears while everyone else gets cat ears.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    *USS Takao generates a massive Gravity Well, catching quite a few Hur'q*

Krystal: Nick... I'm used to larger cruisers. I'm gonna have to deffer to your experience with smaller ships like this right now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,899 Arc User
    valendira: i just wish things could've gone a bit different.... i mean this is a big change in your life and i want to make your transition easier if i can but theres only so much i can do.....

v'renn: *provides covering fire for any evacuating ships.*

jorin: since it happened to me its possible.... they arent vestigial if anything i can hear much better with them. i see no reason for the tail tho... *his starts to sway back and forth.*

kenzie: i like having mine nya nyan! *she strikes an eccentric catgirl pose like something out of an anime*

jorin: what the hell was that....

kenzie: oh yeah... i forgot i was still in my suit.....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Janri: Well, I think you're doing a good job so far. I haven't gone on a massacre or anything like that yet. I still feel... awkward about it sometimes. But I don't blame you for what happened.

Kurata: *His ship focuses on providing support and repair teams to the damaged Dominion vessels on the battlefield, helping get them back on the defense with the rest of the squadron of ships. His vessel continues unleashing wide barrages at the Hur'q, keeping the ships protected until they can defend themselves again.*

Reashe: I think you still looked pretty cute.

Clea: *She lets out a groan as a long black tail appears and wraps around her waist, still covering the top of her head*
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Marrok: You know, getting the disabled Dominion ships back online is all well and good, but shouldn't we be more focused on getting those defense stations back online? They have tractor mines onboard, which would be a hell of an asset against the swarmers.

*meanwhile, aboard the Lycaon, things are rather hectic as the ship and her crew prepare for embarkation, the last of the offshore crew having returned to the vessel and taken their various posts*

[Lycaon, Engineering]

*as Dundee enters the Lycaon's engineering section, he finds himself staring at a large device that looks almost like a mechanical stalagmite-stalactite pair with a sphere of mixed dark purple and midnight blue, almost pure black suspended between the prongs (think the reactor in the Death Star 2 but harnessing dark energy instead of hypermatter) along with several people scrambling around it performing various checks on ship systems, performing last-minute alignments of systems and all the various things an engineering crew would be doing during a yellow alert, while a wolf, clearly the ship's chief engineer judging by the fact he's yelling out orders to the rest of the room, stands near a small cube-like container with transparent panels that looks to be a containment room of sorts, with a console and some strange-looking equipment on either side of a chair behind the console*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Nick: I mean most of the ships I served on before becoming a captain were cruisers but... Eh nevermind, So keep doing what I'm doing. Just sit back and enjoy the chair then. I can give commands from here. *He looks at Marrok* this is a small ship and we don't even have a full crew, marrok. One of the larger ships with more crew to spare should get on that.

*The Tepes flys close to the one of the stations, staying evasive as it zips around*

Freeman: what am I hearing with my own ears out there?

Dundee: *raises an eyebrow as he approaches the spore cube. Looking it over* Ah, right, we got the mold holder... Yeah sh*t looks busy down here, should head up to the bridge to see the situation.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (How'd you manage to guess THAT quickly? I didn't think the description I gave was overly obvious - and how would he even know what it is to begin with? He's never seen a reaction cube before that I can recall)

*And precisely at that moment, Odo interjects with a report that several Hur'q dreadnoughts and dozens of supporting vessels are incoming*

*the chief engineer looks up on hearing Dundee over the racket and narrows his eyes* Who are you? This area's restricted to authorized ship personnel, and I know who's authorized and who the ship's personnel, and you aren't either.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (I mean saying he walks over to the spore cube is just the action dictated by OOC knowledge of what it is. He's got no clue. To him it's just something with fungus in it)

Dundee: I can see you're flat out like a lizard drinking, so I'm headed to the Bridge. I'm as Useful as an ashtray on a motorbike down here. Need to do some reading, but I'll get around to that eventually. *He shrugs and turns around*
    (There aren't any spores in there, though - those only enter the cube when a jump is taking place.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Valendria: yeah… I’d appreciate it if we could keep what happened at your home between us… it’d be weird if nexa found out that we did it… *she looks down feeling ashamed as her ears droop*

*the knight hammer cloaks and begins working on getting the stations in working order*

Jorin: the Spartan being weird that’s what…

Kenzie: what? I-it’s an old earth thing called anime and it’s got some cutesy stuff like cat girls and other things. But it’s not just all that.

Jorin: I have no idea what you’re talking about…. But you are from another universe so I guess that’s to be expected anyway you almost done in there freeman?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    (ah I see. I was tired when I read that. I read "a containment room of sorts" as "a containment room of spores" so that explains that)

Nick: well looks like we got somebody on it.

Freeman: nearly... So the spartan likes anime? Neat.
    Janri: Val, I'm fine just keeping it between us. *she kisses her cheek* I hope you don't feel guilty for it... *She then pulls her into a more motherly hug, closing her eyes* It was... nice to feel wanted like that again, by someone who cares about me. But I wouldn't do anything to upset you or Nexa.

Kurata: I'm prioritizing the ships so they count mount an effective defense, but the stations are also important and should be repaired as soon as possible.

Reashe: I'm pretty curious about anime now. Might be fun to watch some.

Clea: *She mutters something and chuckles*
    valendria: id just like to forget that it ever happened... i mean i never saw you in that way, and at least in my mind its pretty f*cked up to think of you in that way seeing as how if i decide to settle down with nexa you could be my mother in law.... you wernt actually into that were you? *she has a concerned expression as her ears slightly fold down and her tail sways nervously to the side.*

*outside of the cave hidden by the blinding white blizzard, stands a man. the only possibly visible feature is a pair of old fashioned orange lensed wire glasses. his presence remains undetectable as he observes the two.*

*the knight hammer continues working on the stations while cloaked.*

kenzie: *rolls her eyes at clae* yeah theres a few i can think of that would be good but i dont really know how possible it is to get ahold of it here since my collection was back on reach..... and that go glassed.... *she sighs as her ears droop.*

jorin: *one of his ears aims in claes direction as he looks perplexed by her comment.* what is hentai?
    Janri: I... oh. I didn't realize you felt about it quite like that. *she breaks the hug looking to the ground. She seems saddened about something* Then why did you do it if you never thought about me like that...? Was it the other you? *she sounds a bit confused*

Clea: Uh don't worry about it Uncle. *she blushes and tries to stop him from asking more*

Reashe: What was Reach like? I know its gone but... it sounds like it was your home.
    Krystal: Both the ships and the stations are important. One is a mobile assent, the other is static. And frankly, the more guns we got flying around helping us the better.

*Takao continues with Crowd Control tactics*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: if we had a bigger crew with more people to spare to send over, it'd be easier. Right now we're just taking out what we can. Any bright ideas, Captain?

Freeman: *he yells from his quarters* It's Adult themed drawings, Master. Lewd things.

Dundee: *with the chief engineer not stopping him he continues towards a turbolift*
    *at that moment, the three Vedcrid dreadnoughts and dozens of supporting Nekcrid and Vridyat cruisers and destroyers drop out of warp and engage the defenders*

Marrok: I have one...run screaming in terror because there's no f*censor-dog bark*king way we can fight off that many ships! Not without some SERIOUS firepower at our backs.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

valendria: it wasnt me in control of those actions.... it was something else... *she sighs* i dont want you to think that i hate you but i like nexa and i like having you around...... i kind of see you as the mother i never had.....

*the night hammer manages to get a few of the stations back online.*

V’renn: I was hoping this wouldn’t be my last command but perhaps today is a good day to die.

kenzie: adoptive home, its where we all came from, i dont really remember my parents. for all i know they could be dead i have no idea.

jorin: *seems confused*
    Janri: I understand it just... hurts a bit, that you seem almost... disgusted about it. I'm fine being the mother you never had, I would protect you like I would Nexa, not that that means much with how strong you are, but its what I would do. I do hope you and her lead a long and happy life together.

*Kurata's ship unleashes its polaron lotus array, firing wildly into the oncoming ships, putting the full force of its polaron weaponry to bear*

Kurata: I suppose Victory truly is Life today.

Clea: I think you broke Jorin.

Reashe: What was it like on Reach?
    *Takao suddenly disappears, appearing behind the new formation and dropping a gravity well on them, before jumping back*

Krystal: Or we just have someone who is far more mobile than we are to corral them? *shrug*
    (I never said they all jumped in close to each other...they don't even do that in the actual TFO)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(You also didn't specify how far apart they were. And Takao has a Megawell build. At least 10k radius, and MOBILE)
    (Or you could just panic and call for help.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Why do vampires make poor three-dimensional characters? They're incapable of self-reflection.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: Times like this, Wish we had a minelayer in the fleet. Well, Today is a good day for someone else to die. *he taps the floor with the Sword of Kahless* Krystal, can you check if any more reinforcements are coming, I've rerouted control to the chair.

*The Tepes Unloads all its cannons on a ship in the middle of Takao's Gravity well, causing its warp core to go critical, maybe starting a chain reaction*

Freeman: He'll be fine!

Dundee: *heads up to the bridge*
    Krystal: *checks, then swears* Nothing that will arrive fast enough to help.
    valendria: i didnt mean for it to come off like that.... i do care about you

v'renn: fire phase lance wide setting! *the knighthammer decloaks firing its spinal phaser lance at the ships caught in the grav well then fires off a torrent of photon torpedos that hit what ever is left.*

jorin: i guess i wouldnt know what any of that is.... ive never looked it up or really had an interest in it....

kenzie: reach was a military world. the UNSC had most of their shipyards and alloy production there and it was a training ground for marines and ODST. there were still civilians there, reach was second only to earth its self in terms of prosperity and strength, the largest of all of her colonies and by far the most important. i never really got to see a lot of it since i was put thru the academy. the spartan program wasnt public knowledge due to its moral dilemmas but i would say it was worth it. humanity needed something to fight those split chin f*ckers on equal ground and we were the answer.
    Janri: Thank you. *She sighs, and relaxes a bit* How have things been for you lately? I mean before you showed up and took me to train.

Clea: I would recommend being careful if you suddenly decide your curiosity is growing.

Reashe: What kind of Moral Dilemmas were involved in the program?
    valendria: well things with nexa are going well.... i've been thinking of something to.... im old and pretty traditional so.... id like to ask your daughters hand in marriage. *she gives a nervous smile*

jorin: i dont have much of a curiosity to be honest.

kenzie: sorry im not authorized to disclose that.