test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold Pressed Latinum to buy a planet

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
How about adding buying a planet to the list of items we can buy for GPL?

We could use a variation of the Foundry tools to actually build our own mansions (with interiors) and grounds for said planet so we could visit it and personalize it any way we want (all buildings, gardens, furnishings, vehicles, etc. would cost GPL too).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    they could sell out those stars we fly by. They could have solar systems in them and be generated or changeable. The game has lots of stuff like terraforming items and other stuff we trade. Why not. We could even change the planets according to game lore.

I think you would just need to stop people from buying them all up. Probably a limit per character or account. Could make a cool fleet thing also.

Given we can gamble by the millions now converting to gpl wouldn't be that hard. Might need some more ways to get ec though. Or the prices would need to be reasonable.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    A planet ! Oh my. Even Quark only ever dreamed of a small moon.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of this idea. It doesn't really make sense for a Starfleet officer to own a planet. You'd be away of it most of the time and it probably goes against the idea of people no longer obtaining stuff just to have it.

For a Romulan it would probably be strange too, given that they're still building their own homeworld and that taking away planets just to own them privately could seriously limit their society in their options - especially if it were also actively developed, thus requiring scarce resources.

[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of this idea. It doesn't really make sense for a Starfleet officer to own a planet. You'd be away of it most of the time and it probably goes against the idea of people no longer obtaining stuff just to have it.

For a Romulan it would probably be strange too, given that they're still building their own homeworld and that taking away planets just to own them privately could seriously limit their society in their options - especially if it were also actively developed, thus requiring scarce resources.

Lol - a LOT of things we acquire in this game don't make sense for Starfleet officers, what's one more? As for Romulan Republic officers, how about simply having them spend it on mansions, or gardens, etc. on New Romulus then? Klingon officers could buy their own private hunting or family house world (or moon).

Seems to me this idea would be a great way to spend GPL and also enhance a character's flavor. Of course, if you don't like the idea (or it doesn't fit your character), don't spend your GPL on it. :tongue:

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    They don't even make bridges anymore even if they have technical specs and RL blueprints, concept art and other kinds of schemanics (and in the case of various Discovery ships, especially Book's ship, you do see a model of the bridge through the large window), so they definitely won't make unique housing plots.

Officially, it'll be because "players aren't interested in bridges much, according to available data", while the true reason is once again that there is nothing much to do there that you can't do at a HUB, in fact, you can do more at a HUB on the same map than a bridge, so players simply go there.

So why waste your programmers, artists, QA's time on something players can get for free when you can have them work on the next lockbox ship that'll make you around $100-200 for each whale trying to acquire it the Zen way?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    On second thought... I like this idea. If they changed the dabo wheel to only accept refined Dilithium, and made the cost of a moon unreasonable.

Let players that want a moon... roll 20k zen worth of Dil into a billion in Latinum.

Its not that crazy an idea really.. I mean before fleet bases, the devs had set aside space on ESD for fleet/personal space. Still a MOON might be more inline with a fleet project then a personal one. A "personal" star base... where you would be assigned as the outpost commander would make sense. They could just recycle 90% of the assets from the fleet bases. The Fleet moon could recycle 90% of the colony assets. lol
This discussion has been closed.