test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen shop is broken

urriel40urriel40 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Upon completeing the lastest event and recieving my two free t6 coupons for ships...the zen shop does not show the 100% off t6 ships...nor does the ship vendor....also when i click on different ships in the ship section..i get the same one popping up and not the ship i clikced on...event prizes are broken..zen shop is broken...please fix..thank you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    I think it may be related to the discount, but my wife and I are seeing the same issue you describe.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Works fine for me, but I am using a character that has the 100% off coupon in his bank. You can't just have it in the account bank or on another character within the account. My 100% and 50% off coupons all show as dropdown selections when paying.

Keep in mind, any freebie coupons can't be used for any ships featured in the New Items tab.
    nccmark wrote: »
    Works fine for me, but I am using a character that has the 100% off coupon in his bank. You can't just have it in the account bank or on another character within the account. My 100% and 50% off coupons all show as dropdown selections when paying.

Keep in mind, any freebie coupons can't be used for any ships featured in the New Items tab.

Check on all those "if you have it XXXXX, then you can't use it" ...

In regular inventory? Check
    Not new ship? Check
    Same account/Character? Check

Dropdown ? Nope.

Same goes for my wife.

However, the fact that you have it, indicated that there is indeed a bug of sorts.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    one last thing:
    If you still have a tradeable 100% off gift coupon box.....you can't use the coupon until you take it out of the tradeable pack, and accept the non-tradeable account bound coupon.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Also check that you have at least 1 free inventory slot and nothing in your overflow bag.

Also check some old ships like the old Guardian and Scryer in case you are only looking at "new" ships that might not be available to you yet.
    Just assume that I know all these things...

Issues persists.
  • urriel40urriel40 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Also check that you have at least 1 free inventory slot and nothing in your overflow bag.

Also check some old ships like the old Guardian and Scryer in case you are only looking at "new" ships that might not be available to you yet.
    all that was checked...the coupons just dont work...and every time i click on one ship in the zen store...it shows a different ship...no matter which one is choose...
    urriel40 wrote: »

all that was checked...the coupons just dont work...and every time i click on one ship in the zen store...it shows a different ship...no matter which one is choose...

It jumps to the last ship on your list right?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    anazonda wrote: »

Issues persists.

That's not how to properly diagnose an issue. We have to list all of the "obvious" possible causes because people often don't know all of them. Going down the list to rule them out is the first step in fixing an issue.

I understand it can be annoying fi you really do know everything, but without a mind meld we can't know what you know.

For example, I've seen many threads over the years about "can't claim my ship" when it turned out they had no available active ship slots, no available inventory space, items in the overflow bag, etc.

As another example, "Did you try turning it off and on again" (i.e. a full power down or restart not just a sleep) really can fix many weird Windows problems caused by leaving it running for too many days in a row with just sleep power downs instead of reboots.

Issues persists.

since you are refusing suggestions---

I ASSUME you know you report this in the bug reports section and should have put it there
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

I also ASSUME you have actually reported this in game as a bug.
  • misterskimisterski Member Posts: 19 Arc User

This is caused by the filter for purchased/unpurchased ships and the coupons. I've run into this problem in the past. Disabling the filter fixes that issue.
    misterski wrote: »

This is caused by the filter for purchased/unpurchased ships and the coupons. I've run into this problem in the past. Disabling the filter fixes that issue.

And... Thank you.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I hope you got to use your coupons.

I got mine over the weekend and checked out the store on the one that had one in his inventory and had no problem with the store distinguishing which ships could be gotten for free and which ships I already owned and those not off the 'new' list yet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator

And... Thank you.

Did that actually fix the issue for you by disabling the filter? asking so I can pass this up the chain
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • misterskimisterski Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2021

And... Thank you.

Did that actually fix the issue for you by disabling the filter? asking so I can pass this up the chain

This happened to me a few months ago and that's how I fixed it. It only happens if you have a 100% off T6 coupon in your inventory/bank and have the Not Purchased filter up. This was with the T6 tab up. I then thought to try the 100% off T5 coupon I have in my account bank, and using the same filter in the T5 tab displays nothing. Undoing the filter returns everything to normal. I get similar behavior in the All tab from either 100% off T6 or T5 coupon in my inventory.

Edit: I tested with just a 50% off T6 coupon in my inventory and everything worked normally. So it's just the 100% off coupons causing trouble.
This discussion has been closed.