test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck in space!!

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
They have foolishtly thought we could not get ourselves stuck in space. The /stuck command does not work in a space tfo. I could not die because I'm just tanky enough. And I could not leave without punishing everyone else.

We need stuck to work in space tfo's.

I've gotten myself stuck on suns in the main map. This you can teleport away from, but you can't do this in a tfo. Or at least I can't think of a solution. getting a dev to respond takes too much time. A quick user solution with /stuck in space maps is about the only thing I can think of.

So, for this TFO I will have to stay at one of the asteroids in the Nukari tfo and kill and try to collect the ships. Luckily I'm in a kef'lhri carrier with both local fire spam and very powerful carrier pets. Otherwise that would not have gone as well.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I got stuck in the geometry in the Stealing the Spire TFO myself a few months ago. I can't recall if it's happened before then but I might have in the Voth ship interior.

/stuck in TFOs should blow up your ship and start the respawn timer.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I eventually over time setup all of my characters ground and space with everything I need just in case I get into that position. Basically, this game a large portion of it are abilities just to get you out of this situation which is really sad. Basically what you do is slowly over time invest into abilities on this page https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Teleport then you will have a clogged inventory on every character but never become stuck again.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I've tried ships with teleport abilities. Once stuck it's rare they get you out. they usually detect a surface edge and stop there. Meaning you stay where you are.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    It's too bad they don't have a self destruct button for when things like this happen. Something that gives the equivalent of a matter anti-matter explosion. A really big bang with a radius measured in kilometres.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    There use to be a Self Destruct ability but if I recall it was removed because of trolls.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Whatever happened to the Abandon Ship ability? Ever since I started playing again on Xbox, I haven't seen it.

I have gotten stuck in the vault during Vault Ensnared when my full impulse failed to deactivate and I rammed the vault at full speed.
    Yea, there used to whole builds based on self exploding and stuff. Those looked like fun. I never got to play them though.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    And instead of just adding a HP requirement, Cryptic decided to just remove it entirely, proving yet again they can't be trusted to make changes with surgical precision, instead taking a nuke to anything and everything in their path. Yet we still allow them to make 'balance' changes.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    You know, lycan, if you're that good at their software, Cryptic is hiring...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    westmetals wrote: »
    There use to be a Self Destruct ability but if I recall it was removed because of trolls.
    garaffe wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Abandon Ship ability? Ever since I started playing again on Xbox, I haven't seen it.

It was removed because of people using it maliciously (to kill other players in Earth orbit and such places).

Could it be restricted to tfo's. Then we could have the build back too. And just let it be damaging like other skills. Or get rid of friendly to do it the cheap way.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    And instead of just adding a HP requirement, Cryptic decided to just remove it entirely, proving yet again they can't be trusted to make changes with surgical precision, instead taking a nuke to anything and everything in their path. Yet we still allow them to make 'balance' changes.​​

And how would that have helped in this situation? Because it sounds like the OP wouldn't hit that threshold because of tanky build. By the time they could, if they were being shot at as well, they might end up with an AFK penalty if they can't "see" the enemy and shoot them because Line of Sight due to being stuck.

And then there's the opposite situation of an NPC Mob being stuck in geometry being able to shoot OUT but we can't shoot in.

To me this sounds more like a simple case of an environmental artist needs to take a look at the map.

@aftulus could you provide some more info on the particular instance this happened, such as which TFO and general area you were stuck in? I can try to pass this up the chain to the CM for some attention.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited December 2021
    I was stuck in an asteroid in the nukara mission where you save 14 ships from the 4 asteroids.(Azure nebula rescue.)

I've also seen npc's stuck in the current event mission. I think a dil hauler or one of the other npcs you need to kill get stuck in the center asteroid and mess up the mission. (Best served cold. The one stopping prisoners.)
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    They have foolishtly thought we could not get ourselves stuck in space. The /stuck command does not work in a space tfo. I could not die because I'm just tanky enough. And I could not leave without punishing everyone else.

Turn off your Wi-Fi, or unplug your ethernet cable, whichever is easiest (Alt+F4 also works). After a countdown of around one minute, you will be kicked back to the log in screen. Turn back on your internet and log back in. If it has been no more than a couple of minutes since you left, you will reappear in the same TFO, usually at a spawnpoint.

/stuck command would be preferable, but this method works.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Simple fix, change instance.

Example---
    you are in Beta Quadrant Japori Sector #22. Above the minimap, choose that name display to change to another zone, like Japori # 11. Boom, you'll get swatted to another map location that isn't Pegasused into a star.
    nccmark wrote: »

Example---
    you are in Beta Quadrant Japori Sector #22. Above the minimap, choose that name display to change to another zone, like Japori # 11. Boom, you'll get swatted to another map location that isn't Pegasused into a star.

This is just from TFO's where you can't. Normal maps and instanced areas are fine because you can jump out or anything you need. Solo tfo's are probably fine too except it would stop you from starting over. And waiting 30 minutes.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    nccmark wrote: »

Example---

This is just from TFO's where you can't. Normal maps and instanced areas are fine because you can jump out or anything you need. Solo tfo's are probably fine too except it would stop you from starting over. And waiting 30 minutes.

Wow, I clearly didn't read the entire post.
    The OP posted "in a TFO" twice, so I missed it twice.
    Der.

I have no real advice beyond what was suggested. The /stuck or /unstuck options should have worked as designed, a shame they don't.
This discussion has been closed.