test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Idea)Upgrade Token should Account unlock ships

starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Using an experimental -X upgrade token on a lockbox/prize ship should make that ship claimable across your account.
It'd incentivize buying the upgrades, and make possible having those ships on more than one toon given how rare getting them are outside of event prizes, given the low chances on lockboxes and the inflation on the exchange.
Part of the upgrades selling point is that it upgrades the ship across your account so there's the ground work. I think it would encourage acquiring those ships by giving a path to account wide unlock. The Mudd Stores show pay-to-account-unlock is a successful model too.

Either that or have another token on the Zstore that only account unlocks ships it's used on.
I bet it'd sell well.

Also I just wanna fly my ships with all my peeps
TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    That would be nice but it will never happen for X tokens and some other token would cost a lot more, like $50-100.

Lock box and promo pack ships have an average cost of 250 lock boxes and 100 promo packs. Mudd's makes you spend $150 on sale to get 3 ships but only from specific choices most of which are probably no longer big sellers.
  • Options
    starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Yeah, dreams though. I'd hate 50-100 for account unlock but like, it'd still be something.
    dreams though
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
This discussion has been closed.