test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overpowered players exploiting Red Alerts

takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
I've been given an AFK penalty in Red Alerts when overpowered DPS addicts kill everything without me having a chance to do any damage. I've also spoken to other players on Discord and they say the same thing. Reported for AFK when a single player comes in killing everything. This happens all over STO. People with over powered ships compared to others should not be grouped with underpowered or the underpowered should NOT be given an AFK penalty when they never have a chance to kill anything. Your report system is flawed.
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Thats not an exploit. They play the game as intended. Just because some people are exceptionally good at the game, doesnt mean they are cheating.

Which specific red alert TFOs does this affect?

Personally I usually do the tholian red alert TFO and there are three groups, people split up. Its impossible for a single player to kill all three groups before you hit full impulse and got to at least one group to fire a shot.

In other TFOs its even less likely because the groups are either very far apart or its triggered in stages.
  • roninkrystggus#2569 roninkrystggus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Agreed, I am a low DPS player because no one has simplified the build to get better DPS to me. They usually use terms I am unfamiliar with. I always play the normal and advanced level TFOs The high DPS players are almost always in the Elite TFOs which I stay out of for the reason you stated. We just need to know our place I guess. Not sad, just truth.
    If a small Squad of Starfleet Ships can easily dispatch of a Borg Armada in minutes, why bother sending more ships that might need to respawn repeatedly and waste TFO time. Sry, my honest opinion.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    away with ye foul zombieness /necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.