test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ticket# 632369 - Very Rare Gorn Bridge Officers from Exchange turn into Rare upon commission

kodoskangkodoskang Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited November 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi fellow captains,

as requested by Cryptic Support, I'm posting here on the bug concerning Very Rare Gorn Bridge Officer Candidates (the purple ones).

It doesn't matter whether you buy them of the Exchange or get them as reward from duty officer queues. The resulting Bridge officers are only of rare quality (blue)

Video proof:
https://youtu.be/pHnKFxXxSLg

As some players in the r/sto subreddit concluded, it must have something to do with the traits of the Bridge Officers. As "Bite" is only a normal trait, it ruins the mix for the rarity calculation - which is why a Gorn Brigde Officer can never be very rare.

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yes, this is a LONG outstanding BUG, I'm sure they are aware of the cause...

I too wish they would fix this. The problem is the Very Rare Gorn only have 1 Superior Trait, and so despite they claim to be Very Rare; if you commission them they are downgraded to Rare. :(

Perhaps the DEV's don't want to FIX or update the RNG of Gorn Duty Officer's that drop to award to awarding 2 Superior Traits for Very Rare Gorn? Which means Klingons are out of luck. Only Federation Captain's can get a single Very Rare Gorn Duty Officer, because he does in fact have 2 Superior Trait's...

I've previously brought this to the attention of @ambassadorkael#6946 I'll try and ping him one more time.
    0zxlclk.png
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    kodoskang wrote: »
    Hi fellow captains,

as requested by Cryptic Support, I'm posting here on the bug concerning Very Rare Gorn Bridge Officer Candidates (the purple ones).

It doesn't matter whether you buy them of the Exchange or get them as reward from duty officer queues. The resulting Bridge officers are only of rare quality (blue)

Video proof:
    https://youtu.be/pHnKFxXxSLg

As some players in the r/sto subreddit concluded, it must have something to do with the traits of the Bridge Officers. As "Bite" is only a normal trait, it ruins the mix for the rarity calculation - which is why a Gorn Brigde Officer can never be very rare.

Wait a second...Gorn BOFFs can get Bite?! I've only seen it on my Gorn captain, never on a BOFF.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Thanks, west! 8 years of optimistically grabbing every Recruit Gorn Officer DOFF mission I've seen in 8 years and never gotten Bite on any of them. I know the Wiki says they can have it, but I've never seen it on any in-game. I'd have stuffed my Corn pirate's Away Team with them!
  • raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    This bug is old as the game itself. Lose all the hope ye who ever commission very rare Gorn bofs(Also can happens with Saurians with Efficient trait).

The bug works in reverse when you commission a rare Romulan bof from your fleet's embassy and it becomes "very rare" but I believe is only the color label for the quality of the bof and is not actually upgraded to very rare in any way.