test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two issues with new EV suit slot

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
edited November 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
- Activating the captain's EV suit (for statistics purposes) forces the display of the EV suit visuals as well, even in non-EV areas. (There is no "disable visuals" option as there previously was.)
- Activating the captain's EV suit (for statistics purposes) forces the BOFFs to also use their EV suits, even in non-EV areas.

The combination of both of these issues represents a heavy nerf to those of us who were previously using EV suits as our primary armors, for example, the various Solanae suits and the 2293 suits from the lobi store.

(i.e. you're basically forcing us to either get new armor - when many of these do not have close non-EV analogues, and at least six affected EV suits are lobi store items - or suffer through the two above issues indefinitely.)

Comments

• darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    2409 Starfleet Tactical Capt. The EV slot is forced on any enviornment deemed not suitable. Even Missions Smoke And Mirrors where you could use the Rebreather it now forces the EV suit and it can't be turned off till you Beam to "safe" location like DS9 or ESD.
  • darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    2409 Starfleet Tactical Capt. The EV slot is forced on any enviornment deemed not suitable. Even Missions Smoke And Mirrors where you could use the Rebreather it now forces the EV suit and it can't be turned off till you Beam to "safe" location like DS9 or ESD.

Yes, but I'm talking about using it optionally in places where it is not required.[/quote]

I was responding to yours not over riding what you were saying, I was adding to it showing the greater problem. A bug report is to show you are having an issue and if others have it to add, agree with yours or expand on the problem. That way the development team can see how big of an issue this is and prioritize if it's something that's negatively impacting a greater percent of who uses the software. Having everyone opening their own doesn't help and adds to the mess of the report thread.

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    Still waiting for an update. Especially now that threads on this topic are now being forcibly closed.

It was mentioned in last week's Ten Forward Weekly. So they are aware. Also, threads on this topic are not being forcibly closed, an argument ensued and the mod had to intervene. Here is the link and it is bullet point 34 I believe: https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/qwnwkm/ten_forward_weekly_111721/
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    Another thing I need to mention:
    Progressing with my Jem'Hadar recruit, on Tenebris Torquent when I board the Defiant to get the EV suits, it completely bypassed the collection of EV suits and the graphical appearance of my away team all switched to EV suits...without actually having them either equipped or in our inventories. Plus, the box where the EV suits would be contained was inaccessible.

I've yet to get to the Power Plant mission on New Romulus with my Jem'Hadar recruit or the A Step Between Stars to see if this is going to prevent me from obtaining EV suits for my characters.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Another thing I need to mention:
    Progressing with my Jem'Hadar recruit, on Tenebris Torquent when I board the Defiant to get the EV suits, it completely bypassed the collection of EV suits and the graphical appearance of my away team all switched to EV suits...without actually having them either equipped or in our inventories. Plus, the box where the EV suits would be contained was inaccessible.

I've yet to get to the Power Plant mission on New Romulus with my Jem'Hadar recruit or the A Step Between Stars to see if this is going to prevent me from obtaining EV suits for my characters.

It was mentioned that the episodes were changed to remove the giveaway (generic) EV suits, since they enabled the automatic phantom/default ones... so what you are reporting is working as designed.

* this would not apply to Step as those EV suits are non-generic

First time I've heard of it...
    So this means I can take my recruit character into Nukara even though I haven't done any EV suit missions with him (save for Tenebris Torquent)?
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Still waiting for an update. Especially now that threads on this topic are now being forcibly closed.

It was mentioned in last week's Ten Forward Weekly. So they are aware.

... and I was supposed to know that how?..... and what did they say?

Maybe read the Ten Forward notes conveniently posted by other players? Na, it's far easy for you to whine like a little child then actually try to see if they are aware and looking into it.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    And another problem with the new EV suit system/slot: not only can't you pick up the 25c EV suit that it now automatically equips (which makes sense, as it is now redundant), but AoY characters cannot get their generic 23c suits, as the 25c ones show up for them, too. Would like to still pick them up before boarding the Tholian ship (or have them as the permanent default TOS FED suit), because otherwise, it's Lobi PER SUIT, not even per Captain for the advanced version. The non-advanced version is fine, if we could just have that on those characters, please.

Not intending to belittle your issue, West (which I support), just adding on another point to emphasize that the whole system is still buggy, arbitrary, and unpleasant.

Just my 2 EC.