test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A2B Cooldown

jinno1993#9127 jinno1993 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
Hi

I was testing my new build (after spending 60M ECs - aka all I've got) to buy 3 Technicians, so you can easily see this is kind of a priority for me.

The test showed that those Doffs don't reduce A2B cooldown like they should !
I got 3 of them in Active Rooster.

A2B has 40s cooldown.
Each of them reduce cooldown by 15%.

15% of 40 is 6.
So 3 of them should reduce A2B cooldown by 18s.

40 - 18 = 22

Instead the cooldown is set to 28. It's like the first Doffs doesn't reduce that cooldown.
I also combined this with the Chrono-Capacitor Array trait, which should reduce cooldown by another 7.5% (which is 3s) so I should have a cooldown of 19s (40 - 18 - 3) instead it is of 26.

What the hell is going on ?


==========================================================================================

Also I've noticed that A2B Doffs do not reduce Cooldown on Photonic Officer which, BTW is wrong: it is set to 1.30 secs, but instead it shows 30s when actived.

This stuff should be patched asap !

Comments

  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,402 Arc User
    The cooldown on Photonic Officer cannot be reduced ever since they changed PO to being actually useful.

    The Trait: Chrono-Capacitor Array gives +7.5% Bridge Officer Ability Recharge Speed, which, true to Cryptic's name is not the same as cooldown reduction.

    Try poking around this to figure out the calculations work: https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/4cqdgd/recharge_time_increase_and_cooldown_reduction/ and this to actually do the calcs https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/bf1gp6/sto_cooldown_reduction_calculator_30/
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,268 Arc User
    When using your ship are you seeing any of your abilities show a top to bottom type visual cool down versus a clock style cool down? If so that ability is at global. Have a look at my single A2B + PO2 cool down using 3 techs. Hope you're seeing something similar.

    rFlx9ec.jpg
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,546 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Hi

    I was testing my new build (after spending 60M ECs - aka all I've got) to buy 3 Technicians, so you can easily see this is kind of a priority for me.

    The test showed that those Doffs don't reduce A2B cooldown like they should !
    I got 3 of them in Active Rooster.

    A2B has 40s cooldown.
    Each of them reduce cooldown by 15%.

    15% of 40 is 6.
    So 3 of them should reduce A2B cooldown by 18s.

    40 - 18 = 22

    Instead the cooldown is set to 28. It's like the first Doffs doesn't reduce that cooldown.
    I also combined this with the Chrono-Capacitor Array trait, which should reduce cooldown by another 7.5% (which is 3s) so I should have a cooldown of 19s (40 - 18 - 3) instead it is of 26.

    What the hell is going on ?


    ==========================================================================================

    Also I've noticed that A2B Doffs do not reduce Cooldown on Photonic Officer which, BTW is wrong: it is set to 1.30 secs, but instead it shows 30s when actived.

    This stuff should be patched asap !

    Two things here....

    First of all, the technicians reduce by 10% not 15%. So your total reduction is (correctly) 30% not 45% as you calculated.

    Second, most abilities have a hard minimum cooldown beyond which no reduction is possible. It is likely that you hit it.

    If you look at the icon while the ability is in cooldown, you should see that there's a countdown counter, but behind that a ghostly line ticking off the time. Normally, this line extends from the center and rotates (like a stopwatch/clock hand). However, if the ability is at the hard minimum, the animation changes to a horizontal line that lowers itself from top to bottom.

    So no... it's working properly, you just misunderstood how it works.
Sign In or Register to comment.