test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New 23rd C character and the Tholians...

sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
So, I made a TOS character when the latest character event was a thing. Problem is, one of the missions before you make it to the "current" timeline requires you to board the Tholian ship, with an environment suit. So, I got the suit (one for everyone, thank you very much!), and equipped them. Upon equipping mine, I noticed there was no way to activate it. So I brought up my list of available ground skills, and dragged the activation skill onto my hotbar. Turned on the enviro-suit, and beamed over.

And died.

That's right. I beamed over, and my enviro-suit wasn't turned on. So I died. Clicked "Respawn", and am now, sadly stuck in this endless loop, where I respawn, and die immediately.

So, until this is fixed, no one will be able to make a new TOS character, in the hopes of testing, well, anything...

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    You've posted under the test server. Is this correct? Please clarify.
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    You could try aborting the mission and logging out of your character for like 10-15 minutes. It should force-remove you from the map.
  • sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    You've posted under the test server. Is this correct? Please clarify.

Yes, this is on Tribble.
    talgeeze wrote: »
    You could try aborting the mission and logging out of your character for like 10-15 minutes. It should force-remove you from the map.

I tried that. It was the second thing I tried. But I can try again, and see if anything changes...
    edited October 2021
    Just an update.

I quit the mission, and then logged over to a different character. I meant to only be on the other character for 15 minutes, and ended up spending an hour. Logged back over to my TOS character, and restarted the mission. Sure enough, where we are supposed to get the enviro-suits, and head for the Tholian ship, it was the same as before. Beamed over, my enviro-suit (graphically, anyways) wasn't there, and I did not have any way to turn it on. So, much dying.

I aborted the mission again, and then logged out of the game for about 5 hours. Came back, and yeah, still the same.
    Well, No matter what I tried, nor how long I waited, nothing changed. So, I decided to simply delete that character, and opt to make something non-TOS. Which sucks, but I saw little alternative. Thanks again to everyone who tried to help. Sure wish Cryptic had tried as hard. lol
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Sounds like a bug if the EV suit isn't auto activating for characters made and run through the AoY tutorial. Hope it gets fixed in less then a year.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    As you've deleted an apparently glitching character, maybe you should generate a new TOS and see if you get a different experience? I know I've had characters that seemed glitched and a reroll has helped resolve the issue. Of course, the first thing you should always do, especially for interface issues, is to verify your installation at the client launch screen. This can be a time consuming process, but it does resolve many interface issues in my experience.
  • thefiremind#1326 thefiremind Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The suit auto switches (based on map/environment). Sounds like the editing you did resulted in it auto switching to off since it was already on. With other toons, removing that command from the task bar and letting it auto switch would be my suggestion.