test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Visual Bugs/Issues

scottie270182#2421 scottie270182 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited August 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the revamped New Orleans-class model came out at the end of last year, the nacelle pylon phaser markings have been misaligned. As a result, the forward most markings float ahead of the pylon, whilst the aft ones are presumably hidden beneath the phaser array itself.

- Misaligned Phaser Markings -
image]

A similar issue has also affected the Verity-class since its launch. When using the chevron separation sequence, the markings from the forward most point of the stardrive remains attached to the saucer section, resulting in them being carried away beneath the primary hull.

- Detached Hull Markings -
image]image]image]

Next up is the curious case of the Nebula-class U.S.S. Berkeley NCC-64720. The ship has been in Earth orbit for quite some time now, but has only been partially updated, leaving it in need of a visit to the NPC equivalent of the Tailor.

- Model/Skin Mix -
image]

It would also be remiss of me if I didn't note that STO's Farragut-type is the same configuration as the Nebula-class model used in Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Since the Berkeley originated in that game, perhaps it would be the ideal ship to show off the Farragut version.

- Star Trek: Bridge Commander -
image]image]
"..to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Comments

• scottie270182#2421 scottie270182 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Both versions of the Miranda-class port (left) nacelle have an issue with the registry on both the inner and outer surfaces.

- Nacelle Registry Markings -
    image]image]

- Beta Version Markings -
    image]image]

There is no option to remove the decal from the fin of the Legendary T’Liss Warbird.

- T’Liss Warbird Decal -
    image]

Both the 2371 and 2410 Voyager interior Mess Halls have a large object/artefact blocking a significant portion of the room.

- 2371 and 2410 Mess Halls -
    image]image]

The width of the computer screens at the aft stations of the Galaxy-class bridge are much narrower than their respective keyboards.

- Galaxy-class Bridge Stations -
    image]

Since the last patch, some of the textures on the Fleet Starbase are attempting to replicate how Sonny Clemonds’ TV would have looked if he didn’t pay his cable bill before signing up for 370 years in the deep freeze.

- Fleet Starbase, or is someone trying to watch the boob tube -
    image]
    A few more bugs for the thread.

The impulse trails on the Constellation-class model doen't correspond to the engines on the ship.

- Impulse Engine Trails -
    image]image]

The the back wall around the clamshell doors of the Constitution and Pioneer-class interior shuttlebays are missing. As a result, characters can fall into the abyss, only resetting once they land on the bottom of the map.

- TOS Shuttlebays -
    image]image]

Remaining in the interior of the Pioneer-class, the doors in the back of the sickbay are an oddly mismatched colour.

- Pioneer-class Sickbay -
    image]
    I've got some more bugs to add to the list.

The hull of the Type 7 Shuttlecraft deforms at full impulse, resulting in it appearing to fold in on itself.

- Deformed Hull -
    image]

Also, having been briefly fixed, both versions of the Intrepid-class mess hall once again have the large object/artefact taking up a large part of the room.

- 2371 and 2410 Mess Halls -
    image]image]

Additionally, I'm going to add two bugs that I previously posted in their own threads.

The first regards using the Malachowski parts on the Clarke-class. When doing so, the warp trails are bright blue instead of the correct orange featured on the T1 Malachowski Light Cruiser. This also applies to the Legendary Miranda-class.

- Warp Trails -
    image]

Finally, the registry lighting and smaller spotlights on the currently available models of the Discovery era Constitution-class have been heavily over lit since the release of House Reborn.

- U.S.S. Lexington: Current Lighting Level -
    image]

- U.S.S. Endeavour: Lighting Prior to House Reborn -
    pWTJc7Qm.jpg

Given this ship is a popular premium one that I submitted a ticket about on the 28th May; I had hoped it would've been fixed long before now.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    ...using the Malachowski parts on the Clarke-class. When doing so, the warp trails are bright blue instead of the correct orange featured on the T1 Malachowski Light Cruiser. This also applies to the Legendary Miranda-class.

- Warp Trails -
    image]
    Perhaps this is because you are flying the Clarke-pretending-to-be-the-Malachowski and not the actual Malachowski?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited November 2021
    Perhaps this is because you are flying the Clarke-pretending-to-be-the-Malachowski and not the actual Malachowski?
    Nah, it can't be that as the fleet Malachowski is also incorrect. Plus, the other Discovery ships in the Zen store can use the models from the show as well, and they (along with their fleet counterparts) have their own unique warp trail colour based on what was used for the nacelle lighting.
    @chrian#9670 Hi Chrian,

I saw that you've posted in a few threads over the last few days, so I just wanted to bring these to your attention, just incase you hadn't made it this far down the list.
  • stinkstofersonstinkstoferson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    don't forget the Aquarius launch bug and the luxury cruiser warp bug
    edited December 2021
    don't forget the Aquarius launch bug and the luxury cruiser warp bug
    I’m not familiar with those bugs, but if you can either describe them or post some screenshots, feel free.

One other bug I am familiar with however, is the Saucer Separation Console’s reconnection animation on the Legendary Galaxy-class Dreadnaught, which reapplies the saucer without going through the docking process present on all the other separable Galaxy-class variants.

Unfortunately, pictures can’t demonstrate this particular issue.
    edited January 2022
    I've just noticed that the Galaxy-class model has lost what the TNG technical manual calls the saucer section deflector dish, which is denoted by the four square lights above the ventral registry number. Since I have images of the ship from June last year with the deflector intact, it's possible that the Reflections update introduced this bug.

- Galaxy-class Saucer Section Deflector Dish - June 5th 2021 and December 12th 2021-
    EvABDJfm.jpg363UCXNm.jpg

Whilst on the topic of the Galaxy-class family of ships, the Galaxy, Galaxy-X, Nebula, Farragut and New Orleans classes all have a sizable ridge on the dorsal and ventral surfaces of their saucer sections, separating the outer edge from the bulk of the hull. On the models used in the show, those surfaces were smooth, with the saucer rim being formed by the upper and lower surfaces of the model.

- Galaxy-class Saucer Section Outer Rim - In-game and 6ft Filming Models -
    FP7qV6bm.jpg6EUwetPm.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Another discovery for the list. Both nacelle types for the original series skin of the Legendary T'Liss Light Intel warbird have the same green warp trails used on the refit version.

- T'Liss-class Warp Trails -
    yj88atom.jpg