test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd is In Command

2»

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Am I the only one who thinks the inclusion of 300 lobi as one of the choices is laughable?
    It is my humble opinion that the non ship options are only there to justify the $600 everything bundle.

If 3 promo ships is $300, then each of the other options should be a $100 value, e.g. $100 worth of lobi or $100 of elite captain tokens.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    It is my humble opinion that the non ship options are only there to justify the $600 everything bundle.

If 3 promo ships is $300, then each of the other options should be a $100 value, e.g. $100 worth of lobi or $100 of elite captain tokens.

Yep, it should be around 500 lobi not 300, 3 T6 ship tokens, 9 captain tokens.

> @davefenestrator said:
    > Yep, it should be around 500 lobi not 300, 3 T6 ship tokens, 9 captain tokens.

Even though 500 lobi is closer to $100, with the event campaign 3, they have basically equated one promo ship to 1500 lobi.
    edited November 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > Yep, it should be around 500 lobi not 300, 3 T6 ship tokens, 9 captain tokens.

Even though 500 lobi is closer to $100, with the event campaign 3, they have basically equated one promo ship to 1500 lobi.

True, but that was for choose-your-own including the T6 Connie. This is for older ships that (except the S31) probably aren't getting chosen very often, you must buy 3, and no choice of a Connie.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The bundles are only amazing deals if you buy into their numbers trickery. They are fake discounts, like a furniture store uses them. Selling you a couch for 1000€ but at a AMAZING discount from 3000€ (it's real price is and has always been 1000). Also, if you only want one ship the bundles are also not good deals.​​

Completely agreed, I always laugh when I see players defend these bundles because they're such a 'deal' compared to their normal price. When the normal price is already insanely ridiculous, the discount doesn't somehow make it a good deal.

$300 for 3 Ships is absolutely ridiculous. $150 for 3 ships, while not as ridiculous as $300 is still a horrible buy, but some people will still defend it as a 'good deal.' It's really amazing how far some people will go to fool themselves into justifying a bad decision.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    All these Mudd things...why can't we have the retired episodes back, where these items were the rewards for playing them? The Shard, Cane...and they were actually fun to play too.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Damn!

It seems Cryptic is going to get me for $2,000 this quarter.

With that said, I really wish Cryptic would stop locking things for several days after I spend big money in the Zen shop. It really is highly vexing.

I'll get the Mega Pack despite having half the ships on my primary toon. The account wide unlock is great even though I never play alts except for mining here and there. Nonetheless I'm a completionist and I must have all the ships just because.

I have 8 useless T6 coupons as there are no ships for me to get and the damn things are locked to my account so I cant sell them.

On a truly funny side note, I have only flown the Jug since it came out as no other ship has interested me in any way. Of course I level other ships for Mastery but after that back to the Jugg. I keep hoping for a truly magnificent Tal Shiar legendary ship or most likely some gamble box offering.

With all this said and the huge money I spend on STO please dont think for one second I like the F2P model at all. I hate it with a passion for numerous reasons. Nonetheless I'm a lifelong ST fan and STO is the only option so I have no choice.

For what little it is worth, I would gladly pay Cryptic $500 a month for a sub based server devoid of all the needless time sink BS designed to entice people to spend money and the whole idea that triple digit transactions are micro is laughable as the original idea was stuff under $20. Things have seriously gone off the rails due to conservative BS to say the least. I used to hope to see DOFF in in the Zen shop and other such things for $5 or $10 but instead we get them in the Exchange for 100s of millions of EC. Simply insane greed. Why Cryptic does not limit things to a multiple of the value they is beyond me. They have a max selling cap why not do it for everything? The greed is what kills much of what is left of this game for me.

I stay because I have been here since late Alpha and despite what some may think I really liked Cryptic a lot before the F2P paradigm change.
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Damn!

With that said, I really wish Cryptic would stop locking things for several days after I spend big money in the Zen shop. It really is highly vexing.

I'll get the Mega Pack despite having half the ships on my primary toon. The account wide unlock is great even though I never play alts except for mining here and there. Nonetheless I'm a completionist and I must have all the ships just because.

I have 8 useless T6 coupons as there are no ships for me to get and the damn things are locked to my account so I cant sell them.

I'll never bother claiming another T6. I'm probably going to plump for the Lobi this time, only because the other two are useless to me. I wouldn't mind, but there's the lockout on the new T6's...you can only get one of those after like six-months and by then, who would want it?
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Damn!

I'll never bother claiming another T6. I'm probably going to plump for the Lobi this time, only because the other two are useless to me. I wouldn't mind, but there's the lockout on the new T6's...you can only get one of those after like six-months and by then, who would want it?

Really? A lockout for something you purchased on top of the BS account lock if you accidently opened the damn box without realizing they had such a stupid mechanic for expensive stuff.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Damn!

This. They leave ships in the C-store 'New' tab for WAY too long.

I'd be happy with a "Prehistoric" Tab, "Nostalgia", "Antiquated" even, but instead of messing around with new blow-up effects, they need to focus on the things in the game that would actually make a difference.
    You know, I've been guilty of spending to much in the game to buy something (I think) I want. You get swept away with wanting to say fly the ship you remember on the show, or having this, because it sounds like so much fun...I can count on the fingers of one hand how many of those ships or items are rotting in dry dock or my bank now though.

The irony is that if you get a little perspective and say took a break from STO for a fortnight, or didn't grind every single day with games that I do believed are designed to get you so sick of, that you pay to buyout early...if you get that bit of distance, you realize that nothing in a technically free-to-play game is ever worth spending money on.
    You know, I've been guilty of spending to much in the game to buy something (I think) I want. You get swept away with wanting to say fly the ship you remember on the show, or having this, because it sounds like so much fun...I can count on the fingers of one hand how many of those ships or items are rotting in dry dock or my bank now though.

The irony is that if you get a little perspective and say took a break from STO for a fortnight, or didn't grind every single day with games that I do believed are designed to get you so sick of, that you pay to buyout early...if you get that bit of distance, you realize that nothing in a technically free-to-play game is ever worth spending money on.

You can spend $50 going to a movie or eating a meal at a restaurant, and people spend a lot more on concerts and sportsball tickets for a "big game."

If you can afford something and it will bring you some enjoyment, I disagree that "nothing" in STO or the list above is worth paying for.

Both of us are just sharing opinions of course. I'm a cheapskate in general so I have a 26 year old couch, 4 year old $200 cell phone, etc. but I also have a bunch of STO ships because I wanted them and could easily afford them.

And to the argument that "a ship costs as much as an AAA game or 1/10 of a sportsball ticket": I can afford both if I want them, and I've gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the ships I own.

This discussion has been closed.