test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give us choices in quests that matter and effect the universe.

hami053#0595 hami053 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I would have never sided with those 2 klingon women against Jjmpock my character had knew him for years and i didn't like them as characters i would have totally sided with the other side in the klingon civil war Would have loved to take Gowrons Ancestor to the underworld with martock and freed Gowron so He could have Ruled again. Also Ackar is a more likeable character and it isn't like both sides used the Elachi. The only choice that really matters in this game is Klingon alligned or federation I like tht i can use ships of both sides but I would like to be able to play a character that isn't always making the moral choices that federation officers would make. Loved Grethor and the Haloween missions though.
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Well, not as actual story choices, but it would make for an interesting stand-alone mission that was solely about the Krenim letting the player play around with their temporal holodeck, letting them play out what would happen if they DID choose to do something different with moments in their past - even though all it would ultimately end up being is an object lesson WHY those events had to happen the way they did.

I mean, we already saw one such event play out - if J'mpok had been allowed to do as he pleased, the ultimate consequence of that action was Qo'nos destroyed.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    Issue with branching storylines is that like westmetals said it would have consequences to the later storylines, with a the end result being that galaxy for player A might look nothing like the galaxy for player B this not only need something like 100 storylines per each storyline written atm (and even that number is a low estimate) to account for all the possible choices it would also split the player base like there's no tomorrow. There's a reason why pretty much all MMORPGs have fairly linear storyline with pretty much no player choice, it's simply not worth the effort.

If you want player choice play a single player RPG.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Necromancy detected.
    *Casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.