test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd is In Command

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
Mudd is opening the doors on a new Choice Pack on November 24th, this one from the Kelvin Timeline! Purchase the Mudd's In Command Choice Pack for 29500 Zen, and choose any three of the above options! But that's not all - this pack will be 50% off from 11/24 @ 8am PT (17:00 CET) - 12/8 @ 10am PT (19:00 CET). Choose from the following options:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11502163-mudd-is-in-command
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Hopefully they'll first fix the issue where the S31 Battlecruiser's target box is unnecessary large.

I'm disappointed that this is only announced just now. I got that ship from my event box. Same with the Rampart, I got it a few months ago. Which means that this pack is no longer that interesting or, if I did buy it, I could have saved myself a lot of resources by not buying those ships separately.

At some point they just need to make already bought lockbox ships account wide unlocks. Even if that means paying some extra Zen.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    At some point they just need to make already bought lockbox ships account wide unlocks. Even if that means paying some extra Zen.

Agreed, SWTOR has had a "pay for account unlock" feature for years. If you only want an item for one character, that's the default. If you want to share it, you pay the extra.
  • quinnftw76#3498 quinnftw76 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Wow. This bundle costs more than my lifetime membership. Discount notwithstanding.

They have really gone 'round the bend with their prices since they started this whole Mudd Market BS.

It's just insane. But I'm sure there are plenty of suckers dedicated fans lining up to drop cash on this overpriced garbage high quality merchandise.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Wow. This bundle costs more than my lifetime membership. Discount notwithstanding.

They have really gone 'round the bend with their prices since they started this whole Mudd Market BS.

It's just insane. But I'm sure there are plenty of suckers dedicated fans lining up to drop cash on this overpriced garbage high quality merchandise.

I suppose whales need their kibble too.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited November 2021

It is their fallback strategy in case lockboxes are outlawed, if that happens all the ships that go into lockboxes and promo boxes would instead go into Mudd's market with the astronomical prices. Star Citizen does pretty much the same thing only it is their regular cash shop prices that are so high and it is on all of their ships instead of just prime ones like STO does.

Several other games that depend on lockboxes have done the same thing more or less, you end up paying a lot more for a sure thing.

As usual for Mudd bundles there are some good things in there and would be an overall savings compared to buying them separately, but the package is whalebait priced way out of range of the average player.

$150 is a lot (though you could save a little buying zen on sale), but one single-character unlock for the S31 ship will cost on average 100 promo packs, or ~$250.

Mudd's is expensive compared to C-Store, but cheap compared to gamble boxes.

• bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Personally, I'm always happy when these bundles contain nothing I want or care about. It's much easier to ignore them and save my Zen for stuff I do want.

I hope it sells well for the sake of the game, and that people who are excited are able to get it, but this bundle is an easy pass for me. :smiley:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I'm sure the ships have their strong points, but there's nothing which draws me to these ships.
    If the Voth consoles could be applied to other ships that could open a nice niche in the game, but alas.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User

Agreed, SWTOR has had a "pay for account unlock" feature for years. If you only want an item for one character, that's the default. If you want to share it, you pay the extra.

I agree fully. I have plenty of money to spend if Cryptic wants to allow me to have such a feature.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Maybe with this bundle containing the S31 battlecruiser, they will finally fix its oversized target box... not that I actually expect them to fix it... ever. I'll just keep bailing on random TFOs whenever I see that ship.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Hopefully they'll first fix the issue where the S31 Battlecruiser's target box is unnecessary large.

The ship itself is not the issue (I had one in a Swarm TFO last night and its target box was exactly what it should've been for a ship that size) - it's the damn drone swarm deployable.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Freaking predicted it...

I get the S31 battlecruiser with the event campaign and of course they offer the account-wide unlock afterwards...

Another remark about this ship: the trait (create a drone swarm for each specific enemy destroyed) barely works because the spawned pets have an extremely low aggro radius and movement radius. They'll mostly stay at their original position, not following your ship and thus being useless and a waste of a starship trait slot.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    That's why I took the lobi...and also didn't touch the T6 infinity box I got a few weeks after - because I knew this was coming.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User

It is their fallback strategy in case lockboxes are outlawed, if that happens all the ships that go into lockboxes and promo boxes would instead go into Mudd's market with the astronomical prices. Star Citizen does pretty much the same thing only it is their regular cash shop prices that are so high and it is on all of their ships instead of just prime ones like STO does. [...]

At least Star Citizen hires devs with that money, they're at a few hundred now and building a new facility to go to a whopping 1400 devs... compared to the maybe thirty devs STO has. Granted, STO is an actually released game and has licensing overhead, but that's just an insane comparison if they get even a fraction of the buy-in that SC does.
    As you say, SC has failed to deliver a game after a decade and $400 million in funding. Meanwhile, I've been playing STO steadily since 2014 (and played a bit in 2012). STO wins.

Oh, they're delivering a game...in pieces - they're like the IKEA of gaming.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    With those pieces that will eventually be obsolete, forcing a full revamp and more dev time, then the main designer will get new ideas, forcing more dev time and delays, and thus more obsolete stuff and we'll have our Duke Nukem Forever 2.0 IN SPACE!

Also, that's the first time I see an available Rampart, this thing is impossible to find. XD
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Oh, goody, another exorbitantly priced bundle.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I took the S31 Battlecruiser with my event reward as well..

And this bundle makes me glad I did.

All my characters fly different ships, so I don't need that ship for everyone.. it doesn't have any console or trait that I must have for anyone else. I wanted it because I like it.. it's a cool ship and I have a S31 themed alt that it fits well.

There was no way I was going to pay $150-$300 for this whale bait bundle, so that Event remained the only way I was going to get the ship and I am happy I selected it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I can't decide if I'm disappointed that none of the ships I want were included, or happy that I have no desire to spend $150 bucks on this one.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    And here I was hoping they'd put out a Borg themed Mudd bundle so I could get the adapted battlecruiser and destroyer unlocked account wide. Oh well
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    Oh, they're delivering a game...in pieces - they're like the IKEA of gaming.​​

Ikea pieces fit.... and rarely ship broken.
    I would say SC is more like a Bernie Madoff designed game investment fund. It promises a ton... delivers a little to keep you interested, but in the end is really just a Chris Roberts yacht maintenance fund.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    Well of all the mudd packs this is the worst... another one I can skip. I skipped the carrier one as carrier is the one play style I have no interest in. (I would be willing to bet it was their worst selling mudd bundle but who knows... I rarely see any of those ships around) This pack has nothing of value... the traits and consoles are all poor, and the ships are not popular ones.

All well hopefully the next pack will include something worth account unlocking.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Oh, goody, another exorbitantly priced bundle.

And we already had someone point out what a great deal it is, because getting these ships on one character through lock boxes is more expensive.

While true, it completely ignores the question how oinked up the prices are across the board in the first place. 150€ is cheaper than 250€, true, but both price points are absolutely crazy in my opinion. A ship in STO shouldn't cost the equivalent of three games and a bundle not the equivalent of a entire gaming console...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The bundles are only amazing deals if you buy into their numbers trickery. They are fake discounts, like a furniture store uses them. Selling you a couch for 1000€ but at a AMAZING discount from 3000€ (it's real price is and has always been 1000). Also, if you only want one ship the bundles are also not good deals.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.