test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is the purchase of fleet ships still tied to the progress of a fleet at this point in time?

daedalusp1daedalusp1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I've been playing for not even 2 weeks after having last touched STO several years ago, and right now I really want to work towards the Lukari Dranuur, but:
  • The purchase is tied to being in fleet, and yet almost every fleet I skimmed through is either completely dead or just a few people online who don't respond
  • The fleet is required to have certain holdings of a specific tier, but if almost every fleet is dead that's kinda hard to accomplish

Shall I go hunting on the forums to find a fleet that's not dead and ideally has the appropriate holdings with the correct tier just so I might have a chance to get that ship or what?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• daedalusp1daedalusp1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    daedalusp1 wrote: »
    I've been playing for not even 2 weeks after having last touched STO several years ago, and right now I really want to work towards the Lukari Dranuur, but:
    • The purchase is tied to being in fleet, and yet almost every fleet I skimmed through is either completely dead or just a few people online who don't respond
    • The fleet is required to have certain holdings of a specific tier, but if almost every fleet is dead that's kinda hard to accomplish

Shall I go hunting on the forums to find a fleet that's not dead and ideally has the appropriate holdings with the correct tier just so I might have a chance to get that ship or what?

posting in the fleet area of the forums will be of benefit for sure.
    yes many fleets seem inactive or have less players, but also be happy in that if you have fleet creds, and ask in zone chat on either side (klink or fed) at ESD/qosnos, or other social zones (DS9, etc) many times someone can invite you to get what you want.

That's a lot of extra effort the end-user has to go through to find a semi-active fleet just to be allowed to purchase certain items because the devs haven't had the foresight to consider the glaringly obvious case of players leaving over time/players preferring to play solo when they stuffed items behind months-long, group-centered grinds.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I would recommend joining the NoP Public Service channel... You're almost guaranteed the help you need...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.