test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Era ships in the Zen Store?

So every Discovery era ship thus far as been a Lockbox etc.. item. Are we at some point going to get some Discovery era ships hitting the Zen store so we can buy them directly?
Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn

Comments

  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,164 Arc User
    Does the legendary discovery captain bundle count?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,414 Arc User
    neowolfen wrote: »
    So every Discovery era ship thus far as been a Lockbox etc.. item. Are we at some point going to get some Discovery era ships hitting the Zen store so we can buy them directly?

    There's plenty T6 DSC ships (or to be exact the 25th century versions of the DSC ships that can use the DSC skins) in the Z-store, For example the Buran, Europa , Earhart and Shran classes, You got the KDF ships as well.

    So you can buy DSC era ships directly (at least the Mid 23c mores the 32c ones have been lockbox ones).

    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Europa_Heavy_Battlecruiser
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Earhart_Strike_Wing_Escort
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Buran_Command_Dreadnought_Cruiser
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Shran_Light_Pilot_Escort

    all of those are available by themselves in the Z-store (I checked in-game too).

    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Qugh_Miracle_Worker_Battlecruiser
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Qoj_Command_Dreadnought_Cruiser
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/M'Chla_Pilot_Bird-of-Prey
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Chargh_Temporal_Warship

    for KDF ships and this isn't even all for either of the factions that's available as is from the store without any boxes or keys needed.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,742 Arc User
    There is also the Gagarin Miracle Worker Battlecruiser that comes with the Shepard Class skin from the Discovery Era.

    It's a great ship.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,145 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the Angelou Class, that ship is hands down the best looking 32nd century ship by far.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 54,800 Community Moderator
    • Europa - DSC Nimitz
    • Earhart - DSC Engle
    • Shran - DSC Magee
    • Buran - DSC Cardenas
    • Gagarin - DSC Shepard
    • Clarke - DSC Malachowski (Unlocks for all Miranda variants too)
    • Sommerville - DSC Hernandez (from a DSC comic)

    And I believe the DSC Shuttle is now widely available as well. And this is just on the Fed side of things.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    There is also the Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser (walker class) in the zstore.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 54,800 Community Moderator
    True, but that particular one only goes up to T4. If you want a T6 you'll have to get the Lobi Store one or the Legendary.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,414 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I'm missing at least 1 KDF ship from the list there I think as I used the "not owned" filter option when looking stuff in the Z-store in game.

    EDIT: Nevermind even though I do own it I did pick up the link to the wiki for that class.
  • kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 773 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    think they meant 32c Disco ships from S3
    Post edited by kellmg96#5851 on
    Glory to you, and T6 Novas to your House, QAPLA'!
    bvpbRd1.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 9,533 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    think they meant 32c Disco ships from S3

    Possibly, but who knows since they haven't come back to the topic. They might have meant the Discovery itself (Crossfield), something else from S1-S2 like the S31 or Ba'ul, or like you say the 32nd century ships.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,414 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    > @kellmg96#5851 said:
    > think they meant 32c Disco ships from S3

    Then they should specify so, I'm no telepath I can only respond based on information given and they said "all DSC ships" without any qualifier to indicate that they meant 32c ship so until the OP comes and clarifies what they meant I assume they meant exactly what they said and were simply missinformed.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,145 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @kellmg96#5851 said:
    > think they meant 32c Disco ships from S3

    Then they should specify so, I'm no telepath I can only respond based on information given and they said "all DSC ships" without any qualifier to indicate that they meant 32c ship so until the OP comes and clarifies what they meant I assume they meant exactly what they said and were simply missinformed.
    Guess I was the first one to assume that they were talking about 32nd century ships.
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    think they meant 32c Disco ships from S3

    ^ This, on the money.

    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 3,881 Arc User
    I have noticed a weird tendency in some of the DSC fans on fansites to discount the first and second seasons as being somehow inferior and obsolete to the third (and probably fourth soon enough) seasons, to the point that they almost disassociate the "future" and "past" DSC (it reminds me of the old saying "that's so five minutes ago"). So the OP may have assumed that everyone would 'naturally' know that they were referring to the 32nd century ships.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 9,533 Arc User
    It's a new level of gatekeeping when only the current season of a show is the "real" Trek ;)
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I have noticed a weird tendency in some of the DSC fans on fansites to discount the first and second seasons as being somehow inferior and obsolete to the third (and probably fourth soon enough) seasons, to the point that they almost disassociate the "future" and "past" DSC (it reminds me of the old saying "that's so five minutes ago"). So the OP may have assumed that everyone would 'naturally' know that they were referring to the 32nd century ships.

    I wouldn't call the SIGNIFICANT time jump to be trivial and therefore just roll them inclusively into first and second season ships. The difference in time and DESIGN because of the time difference is IMMENSE.

    But yes I as the OP was specifically referring to the Discovery series 32nd Century ships, just so we are ALL on the same page. ;)
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    We do live in an age when any series takes influence from fan reaction. Years ago, they weren't particularly answerable to anyone, but nowadays...reaction is bad to this character halfway through, boot them. That didn't work, so something else and never reference that again, etc.

    I'm honestly not sure what Discovery's initial premise was, but it is unrecognizable from season one. It's the whole Seaquest DSV time travel thing, which makes me wish the series had been set in the 32nd Century to begin with.

    I would have actually been fine with that, because it wouldn't have trampled or rejiggered any other series. Although, a 29th Century series with the Well Class' flying around and maybe even zipping through time, with some incredible past Trek guest stars would have been a lot more exciting.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,742 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    We do live in an age when any series takes influence from fan reaction. Years ago, they weren't particularly answerable to anyone, but nowadays...reaction is bad to this character halfway through, boot them. That didn't work, so something else and never reference that again, etc.

    I'm honestly not sure what Discovery's initial premise was, but it is unrecognizable from season one. It's the whole Seaquest DSV time travel thing, which makes me wish the series had been set in the 32nd Century to begin with.

    I would have actually been fine with that, because it wouldn't have trampled or rejiggered any other series. Although, a 29th Century series with the Well Class' flying around and maybe even zipping through time, with some incredible past Trek guest stars would have been a lot more exciting.

    No one cares.

    You Discovery haters will take any chance you can get to turn any discussion into your own personal rant on why you don't like the show.

    The OP asked a question, and the question was answered. The question wasn't answered properly because the OP did not state the question clearly. On Topic, the OP is right the 32nd Century Ships are so far Gamble Box only. As to why this is the case.. only Cryptic really knows.

    Your personal opinion of the show is irrelevant and off topic, if you want to rant about how you hate Discovery go ahead and use one of the dozen other threads you have already helped steer off topic.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 9,597 Arc User
    It's a new level of gatekeeping when only the current season of a show is the "real" Trek ;)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,145 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the Angelou Class, that ship is hands down the best looking 32nd century ship by far.

    I still think this 32nd century ship is the only one worth getting, personally I think It's interesting to have a flying Ecosystem, it's like having a portable version of Risa.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    We do live in an age when any series takes influence from fan reaction. Years ago, they weren't particularly answerable to anyone, but nowadays...reaction is bad to this character halfway through, boot them. That didn't work, so something else and never reference that again, etc.

    I'm honestly not sure what Discovery's initial premise was, but it is unrecognizable from season one. It's the whole Seaquest DSV time travel thing, which makes me wish the series had been set in the 32nd Century to begin with.

    I would have actually been fine with that, because it wouldn't have trampled or rejiggered any other series. Although, a 29th Century series with the Well Class' flying around and maybe even zipping through time, with some incredible past Trek guest stars would have been a lot more exciting.

    No one cares.

    You Discovery haters will take any chance you can get to turn any discussion into your own personal rant on why you don't like the show.

    The OP asked a question, and the question was answered. The question wasn't answered properly because the OP did not state the question clearly. On Topic, the OP is right the 32nd Century Ships are so far Gamble Box only. As to why this is the case.. only Cryptic really knows.

    Your personal opinion of the show is irrelevant and off topic, if you want to rant about how you hate Discovery go ahead and use one of the dozen other threads you have already helped steer off topic.

    Annddd you Discovery apologists will defend ANYTHING. No matter how shocking, foul or vomit-inducing, just because it has "Star Trek" at the front of it. Take Star Trek out of Discovery, (which basically Disco does) and you'd condemn it to your back teeth.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,742 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the Angelou Class, that ship is hands down the best looking 32nd century ship by far.

    I still think this 32nd century ship is the only one worth getting, personally I think It's interesting to have a flying Ecosystem, it's like having a portable version of Risa.

    Yeah, I guess I am lucky in the fact that I hate all the 32c ships so this doesn't bother me. If I liked this aesthetic though, I could see it being quite frustrating that these ships are all locked behind such a massive paywall. It's unusual for them to put every ship of a certain type behind the pay wall with no C-Store options at all. I don't care, but apparently, others do.
    kayajay wrote: »
    Annddd you Discovery apologists will defend ANYTHING.

    The only poster who offered any opinion either way was you. Stay on topic, stop trolling.



    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,145 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the Angelou Class, that ship is hands down the best looking 32nd century ship by far.

    I still think this 32nd century ship is the only one worth getting, personally I think It's interesting to have a flying Ecosystem, it's like having a portable version of Risa.

    Yeah, I guess I am lucky in the fact that I hate all the 32c ships so this doesn't bother me. If I liked this aesthetic though, I could see it being quite frustrating that these ships are all locked behind such a massive paywall. It's unusual for them to put every ship of a certain type behind the pay wall with no C-Store options at all. I don't care, but apparently, others do.
    kayajay wrote: »
    Annddd you Discovery apologists will defend ANYTHING.

    The only poster who offered any opinion either way was you. Stay on topic, stop trolling.



    Speaking of Trolls, I've noticed that Som hasn't been on here in a while.
Sign In or Register to comment.