test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 11/16/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited November 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 11/16 at 5AM Pacific for 5.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    deleted *duplicated by mistake*
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for ruining the break from events i desperately have to have and now cant.
    Way to go guys, mess up my much absolutely needed break.

Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we already finish the event campaign? I finished on xbox just a few weeks ago. Is PC already multiple events into the next one?
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Wow, just wow. Have you guys given up on fixing the game? How are we supposed to participate in the event when we can’t log in?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Thanks for ruining the break from events i desperately have to have and now cant.
    You could easily take a break any time. Events run for longer than are necessary to complete, so a 3-week event needs 2-weeks progress giving you a chance for a 1-week break. A red alert event runs for 1 or 2 weeks and gives 2 or 4 days break time, unless you opt to have a break for the whole of the Red Alert.

Anyway, this was a disappointing set of patch notes but I expect there will be usual maintenance on Thursday which could include more things...?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    You could easily take a break any time. Events run for longer than are necessary to complete, so a 3-week event needs 2-weeks progress giving you a chance for a 1-week break. A red alert event runs for 1 or 2 weeks and gives 2 or 4 days break time, unless you opt to have a break for the whole of the Red Alert.

Anyway, this was a disappointing set of patch notes but I expect there will be usual maintenance on Thursday which could include more things...?

Not if you want the dil also, then its 3 wks on, 0 off, go again next time :(.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Wow, just wow. Have you guys given up on fixing the game? How are we supposed to participate in the event when we can’t log in?

I would say they have become obsessed with fixing it. We're up to 2 days a week now it looks like.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @sheldonlcooper said:
    > I would say they have become obsessed with fixing it. We're up to 2 days a week now it looks like.

Except there is nothing about it in the patch notes. If they are fixed not listed in the notes, I would appreciate them. But with a lack of transparency, we can only speculate about the motives.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Has anyone ever explained why after years of weekly downtime (Thursdays for the last several years), we now seem to have bi-weekly downtime most weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays? What gives?​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    correct me if i am wrong...
    I wouldn't say you're wrong but since I've been playing, and that's 10 years(ish), Thursday has almost always been patch day.
    In the last 2 or 3 years, the current dev-team have elected to release content drops on a Tuesday.
    In the past year, we've seen this Tuesday-maintenance increase in frequency and we're getting it almost every week.

This has resulted in smaller patch notes for each day which gives the impression that they're not fixing so many bugs. I can't imagine the team are slacking, though, and they're working to bring us the best STO they can. :smile:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hi,

I cannot log-in since Nov 2nd patch; even with today's patch, STO crashes/freezes at character list. PLEASE fix that. By what I know, I'm not the only one with that problem.

Greetings.
This discussion has been closed.