test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The United Earth Defense Force Vessel (try to say that ten times fast)

Comments

• raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    when did they say that?
    saying how they regret making people buying T6 ships?

In one of those useless streams they do someone asked Kael if they have plans for T7 ships and he said they have no plans because they don't want to make people basically buy all their ships again.

But, hey, we have these legendary ships here, that are slightly better than your T6 with a different seating and some new trait that may or may not be meta, so, buy the ship just in case, I mean, the pack, because we don't want your money, we want all your money.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    If they GAVE that ship away, I still doubt I'd want to claim it. I enjoyed Star Trek Discovery when it was in the 23rd century (and especially season 2) - but after the jump to the ridiculous designs of the 32nd century - meh to both the ships (including the U.S.S. Discovery 32nd century refit - and the show itself. Star Trek was always science fantasy, yes; but by the 32nd century, it's just a full on fantasy with self contained personal transporters, etc.

Hell, I'm surprised they don't just give everyone a magical DNA injection that allows them to use their personal senses as a tricorder that automatically sends the data to a 32nd century A.I that instantly analyzes anything. It would be any more ridiculous then ships with detached - yet still connected 'floating parts'. <--- That doesn't scream 'futuristic' to ne...just screams bad design philosophy with no practical real world reason besides it's 'very different' and therefore MUST be 'from the far future'.

Like some others have said, I also don't mind them sticking these 32nd century eyesores in their Lockboxes as it's just more of a reason NOT to acquire/open them.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    when did they say that?
    saying how they regret making people buying T6 ships?

In one of those useless streams they do someone asked Kael if they have plans for T7 ships and he said they have no plans because they don't want to make people basically buy all their ships again.

But, hey, we have these legendary ships here, that are slightly better than your T6 with a different seating and some new trait that may or may not be meta, so, buy the ship just in case, I mean, the pack, because we don't want your money, we want all your money.

We basically already have T7 ships. The same T6s were sold again with some stat improvements and new parts indeed. The rest you have to obtain through tokens.

(Though, to be fair, just buying a token and using it on an existing ship is a lot cheaper than spending the 3000-3500 Zen that actual T7s probably would have cost.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    I like how they slapped 5 tac consoles in this aberration just to make dps chasers open the wallet and grab one. Damn Sovereign that was built to fight the Borgs doesn't have even 4 tac consoles, same for the fleet D'deridex, a damn "warbird" and both don't have the warship mastery BUT this TRIBBLE, voilà, 5 tac consoles, and passive crit dmg.

The Legendary Sovereign has 4 tac consoles and a bonus universal one, so console-wise it's just as good.

And honestly, who even needs 5 tac console slots? Especially today, with all the universal damage booster consoles that can be put in whatever slot you get for getting one less tac slot?

The legendary, the one almost nobody has because it's locked to one of these overpriced packs that is the way of Cryptic to scam players into buying pseudo T7 ships after they saying how they regret making people buying T6 ships? That one?
    Who needs 5 tac consoles? Well, looks like Flying Elephant-Pig Space table needs it.

Whatever. You were complaining that the Sovereign isn't as good to fight the Borg. It's a fine ship. And no, you don't even need the legendary one to rival this new ship. I just happen to fly that one.

And it looks a lot better too. So I don't see the problem.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I totally like the idea of ships that look like buildings or stations. Because why would they need to look anything else. That's why we can things like Borg Cubes.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Discovery's jump through time...seaQuest DSV, anyone? At least that had the decency to be cancelled after three-seasons.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Discovery's jump through time...seaQuest DSV, anyone? At least that had the decency to be cancelled after three-seasons.

A different era back then and mindsets...

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    I totally like the idea of ships that look like buildings or stations. Because why would they need to look anything else. That's why we can things like Borg Cubes.

*Blinks*

Are you serious?

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It's more a case of gambleboxes are staying as the main way to milk money out of players until legislation is actually passed to make them unviable. Although chances are the legislation won't be much more than making companies publish the odds once the lobbyists grease enough palms.

As for the ship its another of those hideous things held together with space magic that don't belong in star trek It looks like something used to place premade arches into the dyson sphere and about as practical. Not the worst looking ship we've seen in sto but definitely looks to be from the stubby pencil on beermat doodle to spend a lazy friday at the pub school of design.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    That's not a ship. That's a collection of random ship parts flying in close formation.

oh, so it's a helicopter...

actually, it looks like a flying elephant, AKA Dumbo.. emphasis on DUMB
    Spock.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    That's not a ship. That's a collection of random ship parts flying in close formation.

oh, so it's a helicopter...
    No, all the parts of a helicopter at least belong to a helicopter. This thing has the parts of like five or six different ships flying together.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    wolva10 wrote: »
    i for one encourage crypic to get all the flying abortions that are the 32nd cent ships done so i can pass on them and buy good zen store ships...............

Unfortunately, I suspect any new ship Cryptic creates will also be locked inside lottery boxes which forces us to encounter these monstrosities more often than our desired selection. It's how they'll cover the cost of these mistakes in work hours.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Since the Janeway came out I have seen only one flying around, same with the Toilet. On the other hand, yesterday in ESD orbit three of the ships around me were Juggernaughts and two were Vengence class. I even see a lot of Universe class ships and Section 31 ships.

It is plain just from going around in the game that the DSC S3 ships are not being flown much compared to even rather rare or expensive ships from the various other series and even DSC seasons one and two.
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Since the Janeway came out I have seen only one flying around, same with the Toilet. On the other hand, yesterday in ESD orbit three of the ships around me were Juggernaughts and two were Vengence class. I even see a lot of Universe class ships and Section 31 ships.

It is plain just from going around in the game that the DSC S3 ships are not being flown much compared to even rather rare or expensive ships from the various other series and even DSC seasons one and two.

I've seen several of the Courage class, but as far as I can recall just one Janeway.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

I've seen several of the Courage class, but as far as I can recall just one Janeway.

That's not really a fair comparison though, as the Vengeance could be unlocked as an account-wide available ship a while ago and the Enterprise J and section 31 ships could be picked from the Campaign event box.

I've seen a notable increase in Universe classes and S31 ships especially after a lot of people likely obtained their free ship boxes.

So yeah, besides the 32c ships being a lot harder to obtain for most people, it's hard to make comparisons between those things.

In fact, the Vengeance is still available in the Mudd store. Has been in the game for much longer too. So there's also that.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited November 2021

I've seen several of these two. Now, the Mars-class... I feel I'm the only one using it. Even back when it was first released I didn't see any. Though, I can understand why, since while I like it a lot (the nacelles even have unique animations during pilot maneuvers like the D4x), it's far from the top in pretty much every way, design, performance, console (the damage is utterly worthless and I even suspect, bugged), etc.

Its main thing is to have brought the Lock Trajectory cooldown bug where every ship that can use the ability has the cooldown set to 0 even if they don't have the Mars trait equipped or even have acquired the ship.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    So, in order to make that trait, they broke the actual ability? Not that it matters much - Lock Trajectory isn't worth using, no matter how little CD it has.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User

When it comes down to Janeway, Captain or otherwise there can only be One, Janeway doesn't like dealing with other Janeways, regardless if they're Time Travellers, Terrans, Transporter Duplicates, Clones or Ships bearing her name, so basically highlander rules.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    These 32nd century ships really have become the Dada of star trek ship design.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    i love it and i want it in my life. i would fly the f**k out of this.​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    i love it and i want it in my life. i would fly the f**k out of this.​​

Careful, you'll need root canal treatment.
    I don't get the double standard here, You guys refused to fly this because you think this is hideous and yet, you guys go around flying ugly AF Universe and Oberth classes, Trust me, even Ambassador Kael wouldn't fly an Oberth if his life depended on it.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    The Oberth is basically just a canoe in space with an umbrella covering one end - can't get any more 'ship' than that, since it's literally based off one (technically a boat, but same difference).​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    I don't get the double standard here, You guys refused to fly this because you think this is hideous and yet, you guys go around flying ugly AF Universe and Oberth classes, Trust me, even Ambassador Kael wouldn't fly an Oberth if his life depended on it.

I'm a TOS era fan first and foremost, but I can't stand the douche-canoe design of the Obereth Class (or the butt-ugly flying-bathtub design of the Excelsior Class for that matter.

As for the Universe Class Enterprise <--- They should have left it in the wall display on that ENT episode. Ugly A F.

(YMMV of course ;))
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2021
    It's really quite simple: See a ship you don't like? Don't jump through whatever hoops are required to get it. That sends a louder message than any complaining we might do on these forums. As if it does any good, complaining about stuff they refuse to add to the game has more merit, as player interest directly reflects the success or failure of what they DO add.

Like I have said before in this thread, If anything past the season-2 Discovery content were given its own isolated segment of STO, then they could knock themselves out filling it with Season-3+ elements and scenarios I'm sure there is a cross-section of this community who would play Discovery-era content exclusively, being new Star Trek fans who have come on-board since Discovery first launched. And of course, there is the overlap of those who have grown to like Discovery who came to Star Trek long before Discovery was even a twinkle in Alex Kurtzman's mind's eye.

It does not make sense to have 32nd century ships in the 25th century. Unless Cryptic decides to play the angle that the 25th century is is itself a front in the temporal cold war that has already been resolved and has yet to be resolved. The 31st century centered focal point of the TCW may have resolved the situation caused by factions from that era. But what about Temporal violations from much further in the future? What if all the incongruities between all Trek series, including Discovery, can be canonically tied to temporal tampering with events of EONS past, not just with recorded historical events of select civilizations. This could explain the totally different appearance of Discovery-Klingons, and the divergent nature of the Federation itself as seen in Discovery and Picard. There is precedent for this sort of altered timeline stuff presented in TNG with how we actually saw the timeline morph in Yesterday's Enterprise. Same ship. Same crew, different events, all because one ship wasn't where and when it was supposed to be. And even when that was fixed, a new future in which Sela exists unfolded. And in Voyager's Year of Hell, where we see how, when manipulating the timeline, one element out of place could result in entire civilizations never coming to be, because an element that was supposed to be present never existed to trigger that species evolutionary cycle.

Now all these hypothetical temporal alterations could be manifesting in a convergence in the 25th century

But I majorly digress... All I am saying is that, unless there is a real canon-defined reason for ships from the future becoming permanent residents in the present, Then the 32nd century elements belong in their own self-contained instance. But that won't happen because Cryptic cannot produce multiple branches of the game because PWE won't give them the funds needed to properly staff the team to make it so. So that, by definition, results in the anachronistic mish mash that STO is rapidly becoming. "Let's just take whatever is star trek and throw it all in the same mix, whether it makes sense or not." Yeah... That's what STO is.

My only issue with the Temporal Cold War arc is that it doesn't make sense for Noye to be Future Guy, we know that Future Guy actively plotted against the Na'Kuhl and the Sphere Builders who both also happen to be two members of the TLF, if Noye was FG why would he betray two of his allies to Archer, I would assume that FG would be working with the Alliance, since his allies seemed to consist of Suliban and Romulans.
This discussion has been closed.