test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Key Binds

duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
I lost computer... and all files.
Reinstalled Win10, STO etc

But... I can't recall the names of the many keybinds I used ( mostly space, like spacebar.txt ).
Since some of my keybinds still work.. is there a way to find the file names I used?

Is it possible to get a list of the keybinds the server has recorded?

Also I've used /unbind_all on one of my toons .. and yet there are still keybinds that work. I thought this cleared ALL keybinds

Does the sever side save the file name as well.. or just load the instructions into some master keybind file?

I've found a lot of info on keybinds such as using a graphical keybind program, and docs that explain whats going on etc. But I can't seem to find out what the game does with that info. How can I find out what ALL my keybinds are for a given toon?

I think I now have conflicting keybinds which makes things hard to debug or figure out.

If you can Enlighten me on anything above.. is sure would releive some frustration and stress. :smile:

Thank you in advance.
Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
@duketbar (Fleet Officer)
Tides of War Website
Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    If you have a look in your Star Trek Online / Live folder do you see any text files?

From: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Guide:_Keybinds STO keeps the last copy of the file you loaded from logon to logon...
  • Options
    duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    There are no .txt files Protoneous at ../sto/live

If you lost all local copies of your sto-binds.txt files what would you do?
    Given: You know the keybinds are still there as you can use them. For example F10 (combatlog ON) and F11 (combatlog OFF).

Question ..how can you see what they all are?
    In game/options/space I can see what the binds are.

You can load_binds and save_binds ... can you list your binds?

Thank you for taking the time with this for me.. it driving me nutz!
    I have referenced that site you gave at fandom many times this week. I can't find the answer I'm looking for.
    Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    One more possible answer here - https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8q32xe/recovering_keybinds/. Perhaps try it on the character that you didn't use /unbind_All on and see what happens?
This discussion has been closed.