test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC hull capacitie skill lieutanant doesnt increase hullcapacity

duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Greetings
i seem to have a problem on my newer charachters and the one's that have used a captain retrain token.
the problem is that the increased hull capacity from the skill on lieutanant level doesnt the hull capacitie at al.
my older character who had selected these skills before of one of the recent paches still have the increased hull capacity but my newer characters/retrained dont.

does any one experiance the same problem?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Where are you testing this? Stats are not reliable in social zones, TFOs, sector space. Go into a patrol by yourself and test there.

Also make sure you don't have hull boosting consoles or traits equipped on the other characters.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Greetings
    i seem to have a problem on my newer characters and the one's that have used a captain retrain token.
    the problem is that the increased hull capacity from the skill on lieutenant level doesn't the hull capacity at all.
    my older character who had selected these skills before of one of the recent patches still have the increased hull capacity but my newer characters/retrained don't.

does any one experience the same problem?

Hi I popped onto the Tribble server and had a look. Everything seemed ok for me.

Per Dave above the first step was to get my character into non-sector space so I beamed up (i.e. directly above ESD, Quonos, DS9, Drozana, etc.).

Took a look at my total hull and hull cap skill and made note of it then stripped my ship of any hull boosting space traits and consoles, including my deflector and any items providing a hull cap set bonus, and made another note. Used a respec token.

Added one point into skill tree hull capacity then waited a couple seconds for the server - it worked as intended. After adding a second point I was right back where I was prior to the respec.

After adding back my deflector (+20 hull cap) and a space trait (bulkhead technician - +10% Maximum Hull Hit Points) I was also back to about where I started. Had forgotten to select the +10 hull capacity in the engineering sub-track of the skill tree.

A character's level, ship, and ship type (ship's mastery package) can also affect hull capacity. There's going to be small variations according to what map you're on.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    That's a good point. It's amazing I mentioned level and variations by map in the same sentence but somehow didn't connect the dots :smile:
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »

A character's level, ship, and ship type (ship's mastery package) can also affect hull capacity. There's going to be small variations according to what map you're on.

The "small variations" of which map you're on, are usually actually variations of level... some maps (such as the Dyson sphere zones) artificially force you to a lower level, and this can also happen in TFOs if you have lower level team members. (This can be seen in your top-of-screen status bar).

Not meaning the interstellar/quadrant space maps, which are not coded for combat and ignore a lot of things.

For that reason it's best to just go to the Sol system (or Quo'nos if you're playing barbarians ;) ) and check space stats there.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    i will quickly cheach my stats at qounos thx all for the help and time
    had no idea that sector space didnt show the in the correct fashion

edit past cheack.

in orbit of qounos is shows the correct stats. thx a lot my fellow trekkies.
This discussion has been closed.