test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 11/12/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited November 2021 in Release Notes
You can find the patch notes for this morning's PC maintenance here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11502473
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I hope this means that we can really customize a ship to the branch of work. in example my main character is command/ tactical, i hope this means if we have a t5 enterprise we can make it into a tactical carrier with secondary shield, 2 hangers,etc...
  • tprxxtprxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm happy to report that the "Black Screen" incident is behind me. I just accessed my characters selection screen.
    Thank you for your speedy recovery of yesterday's little snafu.
  • idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    i also hope, we can spend time to think of what we want in our ships. that we might be able to upgrade the type 10 shuttle into a tactical fighter, and, different type/ configuration of runabouts, that we can upgrade.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Rest in Peace, Mr. Dean Stockwell :( You will be remembered.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I hope this means that we can really customize a ship to the branch of work. in example my main character is command/ tactical, i hope this means if we have a t5 enterprise we can make it into a tactical carrier with secondary shield, 2 hangers,etc...

:lol:

You see something in the patch notes that makes you think any of this is happening?

Man, people really can read into anything if they just set their minds to it.. Wow!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • bear805bear805 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    still crashing at character selection screen
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    bear805 wrote: »
    still crashing at character selection screen

Go to Options in the launcher, turn off On Demand Patching, turn on Force Verify and save those settings. If you cannot get to the character selection screen without it crashing, then send your specs to support and/or in the threads that discuss this character selection issue for many people. Make sure also that your drivers are up-to-date and that your firewall is not blocking STO from launching properly, allow it through it. Thanks. :)

Edit: Apparently this patch did not fix the character selection screen. So the above would not work for that. I thought this was connected to the black screen bug. I was wrong. Oops.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > Go to Options in the launcher, turn off On Demand Patching, turn on Force Verify and save those settings. If you still cannot get to the character selection screen without it crashing, then send your specs to support and/or in the threads that discuss this black screen issue for many people. Make sure also that your drivers are up-to-date and that your firewall is not blocking STO from launching properly, allow it through it. Thanks. :)

Generally good advice, but in this case not helpful. This is a known issue that requires a new patch. Hopefully they will fix it this week...The game has been down 2 weeks for us.
  • cohcovcoxcohcovcox Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    also can't autonavigate at all for
    signs and portents
    midnight
    restarting the missions DON'T fix this. was some part of it fiddled with? i didn't see anything related in the patch notes, it's like they put a band-aid on a finger and a toe started bleeding. :-(
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    If it helps the dev team, my Blood Of Ancients TW worked until I went to New Romulus to tag Eppohs... As soon as I finished and noticed, the TW to Earth was gone...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Another patch another month without fixing the cloak bug. NICE!!!! /s
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was sometimes causing a black screen to appear when launching Star Trek Online.

Well, the DEVs might what to take another pass at this as it still happened to me yesterday. It's not a game breaker for me, it just means re-booting the game. Usually, I can get on the 2nd try.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    FYI: Intentional or not, Blood of the Ancients (Iconian War arc) no longer has a Transwarp destination associated with it, thus requiring KDF characters to *MANUALLY* fly themselves to ESD to start it.

Stop doing this kind of ****.

there are bug reports of other locations not having the xwarp work.

Yep, and the ones I've encountered all are Transwarps to the Sol System (Earth) - so, yeah, it seems a calculated move to stop a particular aspect of emergent play one of more STO lead Dev(s) don't care IWE - the "YOU WILL play the game OUR way!" thing; which has been done in the past for STO.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.