test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

black screen - no game

Comments

• searphsearph Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    After today's patch 11/11/2021 all I get when I log in is a black screen.
    The only thing that works is the Shift+F1 ARC screen.

Everything else is black
    Windows 7 - intel i7 - nvidia 1050ti 4gb

I am getting sound though, as if it's logged me in; but the screen is completely black.

Edit: I've reverified the game client and it's still broken.

very same problem
  • truephoenyxxxtruephoenyxxx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same here. Blackscreen + sound and mouse after the patch...
    Emergency fix tomorrow? Please! Or extend the duration of the red alert event!
  • samoara#2354 samoara Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    for me is start with black screen and then cryptic crash window with id number costumer service... darmn we miss the event now with one day ...:(
  • cunningstunt9001cunningstunt9001 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Confirmed to be having this issue. Windows 7, AMD GPU.
  • ktw33kwktw33kw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    How do you mess up so badly that a "fix" for an occasional bug makes it a permanent bug? Genuine question btw, i'm intrigued...
    Post edited by ktw33kw on
  • cunningstunt9001cunningstunt9001 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Unintended consequences of tinkering under the hood. Hence the song

99 little bugs in the code
    Take one down, patch it around
    127 little bugs in the code

• tigliontiglion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Before the patch my screen would sometimes stick on a black screen before the Cryptic splash screen, but a quick close and restart would bump it past that. Now, nothing but a black screen. Have sound, and ARC window, but otherwise, nothing.

Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GT 740M (all drivers current)

Maybe we should just roll back the patch for a bit...
  • pertunepertune Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Same issue Here, Black Screen Can hear the Game in the background and still a black screen:
    Win7
    Nvidia GTX 1050 Card
    AMD 8320 Core

All Drivers are up to Date, and the game worked fine yesterday... Really hope they patch it quick or reimburse us for any lost days of the Red Alert Event.
  • deathdealer987deathdealer987 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same problem as you all. Black screen but i can hear music playing and see the cursor arrow. Thanks for fixing something that wasn't broken. And on my birthday, no less. I was looking forward to an evening of star trek online gaming but noooooooo.
  • searphsearph Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    i am going to take a wild stab and say ..as win 7 is no longer supported by microsquish that something in the code takes that into count ....unless i am wrong (likely) but it looks like everyone with the black screen uses win 7
  • inyahin#3689 inyahin Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    searph wrote: »
    unless i am wrong (likely) but it looks like everyone with the black screen uses win 7
    there are some windows 11 problems too.
  • thevaliant47304thevaliant47304 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Maybe I'm just the materialistic one here, but with so many people basically locked out of the game, during an event, it would be nice to help us out over that.
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    searph wrote: »
    i am going to take a wild stab and say ..as win 7 is no longer supported by microsquish that something in the code takes that into count ....unless i am wrong (likely) but it looks like everyone with the black screen uses win 7

Unless windows 11 is a copy of windows 7, then your statement makes no sence as people with windows 11 said they have the same issue
    ogew7.jpg
  • kosh1974kosh1974 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 with 8GB on Win-7U
    However I differe from the others where I am running a Radeon R7 200 Series with 2gb DDR5

Black Screen, I can hear sounds standard to clicking on things, but no reaction or entry to game.
    And this system's core is over 15 years old
  • kosh1974kosh1974 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    And the worst thing is, no mod here giving us any information about timetables and such.

Maybe the mods don't know? They're mods, not tech support.

I just spoke with "Rythum" This is a work in process following todays patch.
    Alas, no time-frame was shared with me, minutes ago

• athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Same problem
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well, nice to know it's not just me I guess. Though I could see the good ol' STO cursor at least. It didn't show up in the screencap I took though so alas it just looks like a Spinal Tap album cover.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Maybe I'm just the materialistic one here, but with so many people basically locked out of the game, during an event, it would be nice to help us out over that.

No, that's fair. And you're being polite about it too which is a plus.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Same .
    Win 7 , Gtx 970M , I7 .
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Same here, just black screen and music (Win 7 64 bit, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti).
    And I already wondered why they schedule a patch right after the last one. Well it seems like the very last professional has left Cryptic. I wish I could say that it couldn't get worse anymore, but I'm sure they're working on it.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Posted in the main discussion area first,but am getting the black screen on the 3 Win 7 Pro machines here as well.
  • tiberius#0693 tiberius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The German community manager Fero has just announced in his Club 47 Discord server that the problem will be fixed in today's additional maintenance.
  • chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Here to add my count to the list of victims
  • azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Unintended consequences of tinkering under the hood. Hence the song

Take one down, patch it around
    127 little bugs in the code

LOL...that was a good one...
  • tiberius#0693 tiberius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    For me, today's patch solved the problem. :)
  • xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    For me, today's patch solved the problem. :)

For me too. Game is on :)
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    yeah, patch seemed to have fix the black screen, so can play again :)
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • The problem is fixed for me now, thank you :)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2021
    Yes I also saw this after the 11/11/21 update as well, and didn't realize others were seeing it as well. I previously saw this problem before, yet also thought they finally fixed it over the Summer or early Sept.
    Not working here, Nvidia card (2080).

Cant play anymore !

You likely can IF you do:

CTRL-ALT-DEL then close the Program, then choose to relaunch it. Often it will load FINE on the 2nd attempt, still a very frustrating issue I'd wish they'd FIX!
    0zxlclk.png