test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missed the Black Friday sale because of probation limitation.

victoria#7382 victoria Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I did not know anyone could be so silly and make such a bad system or put a sale outside on the holiday date, but i was wrong, it took me 2 cancelled purchases to find out that all purchases are blocked during this period, which means no black friday sale for me, i thought it was a halloween sale.

I much rather pay subscription than having to go through all that, but i forgot you don't let anyone pay monthly subscriptions, either because you are baiting people into 200$ subs or something else, either way it's a missed opportunity since normal subs can give you a lot of money.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• victoria#7382 victoria Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Apologies, but am not clear on these "cancelled purchased" you refer to.

What exactly happened?

When a account is new it has a 7 day probation period, during this time you cannot purchase anything from the zen-store. transactions will be cancelled, it's on their Q & A in the support sections.

What exactly happened?

When a account is new it has a 7 day probation period, during this time you cannot purchase anything from the zen-store. transactions will be cancelled, it's on their Q & A in the support sections.

Okay - however, the 'Billing Issues' text does state:
    Can you remove probation from my account?

Customer Support can remove your probation status early as long as we can verify your purchases. Please note that this will be done on a case-by-case basis, and you may not get your account approved by the Customer Support team. Simply submit a ticket and we will evaluate the probation status as soon as we are able.

So did something happen outside of that?

I thought it was a halloween sale due to the dates of the sale, i guess i have to wait a couple of months.

What exactly happened?

Okay - however, the 'Billing Issues' text does state:
    Can you remove probation from my account?

Customer Support can remove your probation status early as long as we can verify your purchases. Please note that this will be done on a case-by-case basis, and you may not get your account approved by the Customer Support team. Simply submit a ticket and we will evaluate the probation status as soon as we are able.

So did something happen outside of that?

I thought it was a halloween sale due to the dates of the sale, i guess i have to wait a couple of months.

Its probably worth at least trying to contact Customer Support though. As per the text in the 'Billing Issues' quote I posted, they might be able to resolve this for you.

Nothing to lose by trying :)

Thanks, i will try, you think there will be christmas sales ?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We haven't announced or put on a Black Friday sale yet. You haven't missed it, don't worry.
    edited November 2021
    We haven't announced or put on a Black Friday sale yet. You haven't missed it, don't worry.

Thank you for the clarification!. I really recommend looking up a new monthly subscription service, if i read correctly they were removed because giving them veteran rewards was too much or something like that ? so remove veteran rewards and keep that exclusive to lifetime, instead add global bank and inventory slots and maybe a higher dilithium cap, you are missing out on a lot of money and i don't think people mind paying for them and if they do they can just ignore it.

So you can make it a monthly sub that can stack with lifetime, this i think would be much better business and stable income for the game than just retiring the service completely.

Just make a monthly sub a different thing than lifetime with different rewards. And remove probation period from a new account if they sub, that can remain as a free to play restriction.

The lifetime subscription is nice but i think most that are new will not buy it until they are more invested into the game due to the lack of immediate benefits from it, that's why a monthly sub would be much more attractive.

I'm just assuming most new players think the same way i do.

Thank you for the clarification!. I really recommend looking up a new monthly subscription service, if i read correctly they were removed because giving them veteran rewards was too much or something like that ? so remove veteran rewards and keep that exclusive to lifetime, instead add global bank and inventory slots and maybe a higher dilithium cap, you are missing out on a lot of money and i don't think people mind paying for them and if they do they can just ignore it.

So you can make it a monthly sub that can stack with lifetime, this i think would be much better business and stable income for the game than just retiring the service completely.

Just make a monthly sub a different thing than lifetime with different rewards. And remove probation period from a new account if they sub, that can remain as a free to play restriction.

The lifetime subscription is nice but i think most that are new will not buy it until they are more invested into the game due to the lack of immediate benefits from it, that's why a monthly sub would be much more attractive.

I'm just assuming most new players think the same way i do.

I'm not honestly sure. I mean, STO WAS a subscription-based model game when it launched but that presumably didn't really work for it, hence the move to a Free to Play model back in 2012.

And I'm not convinced that returning to a subscription-based model would work either. I mean, this isn't Final Fantasy XIV. The Subs-based model seems to have been very successful in that game's case (evidenced by the fact that it is consistently voted to be the best MMORPG out there and overtook World of Warcraft in terms of player numbers recently). However FFXIV has a HUGE playerbase and is managed by a large company with better resources.

Sadly - whilst am only assuming here - STO doesn't have the player numbers that FFXIV has. It is, obviously, based on a specific TV series, which something like FFXIV isn't. And it isn't backed by a company as large as Square Enix. I suspect that if STO did return to a subscription based model it'd lose a lot of players.

As long as they do not start restricting things people took for granted you can just ignore the fact that there's a monthly subscription, as i said i don't mind paying for it if it offers good monthly benefits this also gives Cryptic more funds to expand the game for a potential larger playerbase, there are no good Star Trek mmorpgs other than this.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    It's not unlimited here, though...and honestly, ESO's unlimited crafting material storage needs to be expanded to include furnishing items as well - or they need to add like...10x more inventory and bank space than what is currently available.

Also, they need to make writs and event reward boxes stack...especially the latter - every damn event, those things end up needing opening halfway through just so I can get enough inventory space back for the other half!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I thought I'd encountered a temporal anomaly... Black Friday isn't for another few weeks, lol...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Some companies in the US are now having multiple Black Fridays in additional to the traditional one after Thanksgiving. Walmart for instance had one on the 5th and another on the 12th
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    If they're doing that to try and spread out the crowds...I don't think it's going to work - they're going to be just as bad as they've always been.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.