test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Nova & T6 Saber Bundle Confirmed

123457»

Comments

• reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,536 Arc User
    Great to see all these screenshots!

One of the nice aspects of this is finally doing TFOs and seeing other Equinox/Nova class ships in the instance. That used to be a very rare occurrence!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 36,962 Arc User
    I think whether a coupon can be used on new ships or not is a matter of binding - if they're bound, that's usually an indication it was a freebie or event giveaway or something...those generally can't be used on 'New' ships.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,022 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    I thought new ships were exempt from the 100% off coupons.
    I'm pretty sure 100% off tokens from paid for bundles do count, it's only the ones from other means which don't.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,240 Arc User
    More clarification, from the wiki:
    There are two versions of the 100% Discount Coupon: Tier 6 Ship, one of which is earned from Event Campaigns, the other from Zen Store purchases. Ships in the New section of the Zen Store are not available with the Event version of the coupon, these are typically the most recently released ships. The Zen Store version does not share this limitation. Additionally, the Event Coupons are normally Account-Bound, while Zen Store versions are normally tradable (except for a few exceptions, e.g. bundles) with other players directly. They cannot be sold on the exchange.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 36,962 Arc User
    Yeah, basically - if you paid for it, you can get any ship with it...if you got it for free, you gotta wait, you skinflinty cheapskate!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

One of the nice aspects of this is finally doing TFOs and seeing other Equinox/Nova class ships in the instance. That used to be a very rare occurrence!
    FTW
    YsfHueH.jpeg
    ELTGjAD.jpeg
    Gs0B0M3.jpeg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    By the way, speaking of Binding, Cryptic Neverwinter is introducing 'Unbinding' Tokens. Initially, only certain items can be unbound, but they will be adding other items as they go along. Also, it's not one Token to unbind. It may cost 300 to unbind x 500 for y, etc. I assume they will be sold in bundles of 50 or so, like their Mount or Companion upgradeTokens.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

FTW
    YsfHueH.jpeg
    ELTGjAD.jpeg
    Gs0B0M3.jpeg

Nice - seems some kitbashes work and others.... not so much.

My personal preference remains the Rhode Island skin though.
    Im1QHPn.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,913 Arc User
    I have been seeing a few of these around ESD and out in sector space.

Obviously, I don't have any solid numbers.. but seems the Nova is selling at least reasonably well. :smile:
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 999 Arc User
    Does the T6 Nova come with the Terran skin and ISS prefix as an option? I am interested in that for a Terran themed alt of mine.

Nyet, unless you have the Mirror variant as mentioned before. also it looks pretty wicked with the platinum skin
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    edited November 2021

Obviously, I don't have any solid numbers.. but seems the Nova is selling at least reasonably well. :smile:

Likewise - definitely seems like the days where I was (probably) the only one consistently using a Nova class are gone. And I'm pleased about that! Have literally just finished a run of 'Defense of Starbase One' where there were three Nova class ships present :D

I wouldn't like to guess how well it sold either but there are enough around to suggest that, as you say, it has sold reasonably well - and comments made both here and on the various Social Media platforms suggest there are a good number of players waiting for the Black Friday Zen Charge and XX% off everything sale before they purchase the 'Agile Classics' bundle.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,439 Arc User
    That's what I am waiting for... More the zen bonus, but yeah...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,390 Arc User

Likewise - definitely seems like the days where I was (probably) the only one consistently using a Nova class are gone. And I'm pleased about that! Have literally just finished a run of 'Defense of Starbase One' where there were three Nova class ships present :D

I wouldn't like to guess how well it sold either but there are enough around to suggest that, as you say, it has sold reasonably well - and comments made both here and on the various Social Media platforms suggest there are a good number of players waiting for the Black Friday Zen Charge and XX% off everything sale before they purchase the 'Agile Classics' bundle.

I just wish I could enjoy it. The EV suits thing has me seriously upset at the game right now, because I had all of my non-tactical toons in the 2293 (lobi) EV suit, and now am given the choice of either using it and having the visuals on and having my BOFFs also in their (non-existent) EV suits rather than armor, so they die all the time... or not using it meaning I have to get new armor that either doesn't have the +50 Kit Performance and Kit Readiness stats, or costs just as much as these did (and there isn't currently a lobi sale).
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 773 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I just wish I could enjoy it. The EV suits thing has me seriously upset at the game right now, because I had all of my non-tactical toons in the 2293 (lobi) EV suit, and now am given the choice of either using it and having the visuals on and having my BOFFs also in their (non-existent) EV suits rather than armor, so they die all the time... or not using it meaning I have to get new armor that either doesn't have the +50 Kit Performance and Kit Readiness stats, or costs just as much as these did (and there isn't currently a lobi sale).

Wrong thread.
    westmetals wrote: »

Wrong thread.

No, it's not. I was saying that I wish I could enjoy the new bundle, but the EV suits issue has me pretty much hating the entire game right now.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    Just a little note about the Da Vinci's experimental weapon, while it doesn't currently respect Tactical mode on ships like the Titan, it does however respect the autofire on/off option, so if you turn autofire off for it (and aren't pressing a key that would cause it to fire) it won't fire on a target unless you select it, so you could set it up like a console power so you can better control who it attacks.
    crm14916 wrote: »
    That's what I am waiting for... More the zen bonus, but yeah...

Yeah - a few friends have asked me what the ship is like and commented that they're waiting for the Black Friday event, and the associated discounts, before they purchase it.
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Anyone know how long the Nova might spend in the 'New' tab? I have a T6 coupon but its the one that doesn't work on new ships unfortunately ( I am not in that much of a hurry though,my brother sent me a mirror nova in a box,and i will have no problem getting the Fleet T5).

Anyone know how long the Nova might spend in the 'New' tab? I have a T6 coupon but its the one that doesn't work on new ships unfortunately ( I am not in that much of a hurry though,my brother sent me a mirror nova in a box,and i will have no problem getting the Fleet T5).

I believe that in the past, new ships have stayed in the "new" tab for variable lengths of time ranging between 3-8 months.
    Almost hesitant to admit this, but oddly - am finding I'm enjoying the [T6] Fleet Rhode Island more on my Tactical captain than my sci.

I guess if I am honest, I don't feel that - in the hands of my Sci chars - it's really doing anything that my old T5 version couldn't. Granted it has more versatile seating and pilot maneuvers/seating, but the latter don't lend themselves that well to Sci anyway really.

However, the old T5 version didn't lend itself to Tactical anywhere near as well as the new T6 versions. I've been having an absolute blast in it with my Tac char.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    Almost hesitant to admit this, but oddly - am finding I'm enjoying the [T6] Fleet Rhode Island more on my Tactical captain than my sci.

I guess if I am honest, I don't feel that - in the hands of my Sci chars - it's really doing anything that my old T5 version couldn't. Granted it has more versatile seating and pilot maneuvers/seating, but the latter don't lend themselves that well to Sci anyway really.

However, the old T5 version didn't lend itself to Tactical anywhere near as well as the new T6 versions. I've been having an absolute blast in it with my Tac char.
    I can see that.

I think ultimately, Science is the ship class that is the least hampered by having few or no spec seats and many seats of its own speciality. There are a lot of good science bridge officer abilities at every rank (some in the event store or in lockboxes, though). Gravity Well works well with any other science AoE effect, and lots of powers trigger the secondary deflector, and if you spend some resources on traits, you also got something like spore-infused anomalies to increase the synergy between many powers.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2021

I can see that.

I think ultimately, Science is the ship class that is the least hampered by having few or no spec seats and many seats of its own speciality. There are a lot of good science bridge officer abilities at every rank (some in the event store or in lockboxes, though). Gravity Well works well with any other science AoE effect, and lots of powers trigger the secondary deflector, and if you spend some resources on traits, you also got something like spore-infused anomalies to increase the synergy between many powers.

This is very true, most science abilities are good to great a few stinkers, but tactical has too many powers that basically do almost the same thing and some real stinkers outside some hyper specialized builds. Engineer how ever is the worst, the two best command engineer powers are a heal and a power boost, its damage abilities are the worst, is support is good and buffing is worse then tactical its only saving grace is a expensive doff to make reduce the cooldown of better abilities. Tactical and science have better damage abilities by far, tactical has better debuffs, science has better control, science has almost as good healing, tactical has better buffs.

I can see that.

Exactly.

My new T6 Rhode Island has, basically, almost the exact same layout as my old T5u-X Nova class. I don't feel that the Pilot BOFF powers are particularly beneficial to Sci builds - not saying they're useless, simply that those spaces seem better utilized by Sci powers. Therefore, in the hands of my Sci Captains, the only real difference I notice is the Pilot manuvers.

However, the versatile layout lends itself very well to Tac as it presents options that were, obviously, not present with the old T5 version.