test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

consoles on ships...do they help pets?

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
so...

do the consoles on ones ship also add to the values/numbers/dmg/etc to pets assigned to the ship as well?

i.e. dmg tac consoles - phsers/disruptor/etc, at X%, does the also aid dmg from pets? (if they have the same energy type)
i.e. exotic dmg consoles, same question but with sci abilities or whatnot the pet has
meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Far as I know...
    No.
    Nothing really augments hanger pets except for traits and maybe one or two skills from the skill tree.
    One of the recent carriers MIGHT though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I did edit as I think the recent carriers like the T6 Vo'Quv might have one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah as it was said unless it specifically says it effects combat pets it shouldn't effect them, since IIRC as far as the game is concerned they're independent mobs you control in addition of your main ship not parts of said ship.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah as it was said unless it specifically says it effects combat pets it shouldn't effect them, since IIRC as far as the game is concerned they're independent mobs you control in addition of your main ship not parts of said ship.

Yep, this is exactly right.

There are some consoles like the High Energy Communications Network that work for pets, but as stated above, they specifically list that in the description. Consoles do not effect hangar pets unless they are like this console and specifically state that they do.

There is one exception that is not noted and that's the Jem'Hadar wingmen, they are actually boosted by consoles that add to Polaron damage. It's unknown if this is a bug or intended, but it's been that way since release.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I think there is a tholian console that buffs pets, but again if i know it it's in a description. actually i think it might be a set power
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I think there is a tholian console that buffs pets, but again if i know it it's in a description. actually i think it might be a set power

That'd be the (Enhanced) Tholian Tetryon Grid from the Recluse/Jorogumo: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Tholian_Technologies_Set

It's exclusive to Tholian ships, though.

You can also find out what (from traits, to Doffs and even Boff abilities) boosts pets, directly or not, in the wiki when going at the end of the page of any hangar pet. For example: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Hangar_-_Aeon_Timeships
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.