test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Entwined tactical matrixes! (Still broken?)

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
edited November 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just got this ability finally. I noticed it doesn't stack procs for the torps like it originally did. Is this a glitch. It's badly needed to optimize it in builds. It can't be used with cloaks or in general with other abilities without being unmanageable atm. Will they ever put that ability back?

The most important reason to have this is so that when used with ceaseless momentum it ensures a firing of all 3 torp types when used with CSV,FAW, and TS. plus the ability to fire out of cloak in a volley. That feature is the main feature of the ability besides 24/7 uptime on CSV and FAW...

If it's a PVP issue and too powerful, can we have the ability differentiate between PVE and PVP maps and act differently in each. I want my torps with ceaseless momentum to stack all 3 torp spread one after the other. That was one of the reasons I built a 3 torp sci build. It should be able to get 3 different torp spreads out with different abilities. I use grav torp, dark matter, and baul sentry. I need to stack the secondary effects for it to work correctly. That is what ETM orginally did.

This is used with grav well to pull in or to have grav wells from the torp independently then hit them all with dark matter to save my hp, then baul sentry to spread as it's a baul sentry vessel theme.
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Matrices... Matrices... Not matrixes... But that's okay... My calculus students have the same issue after over a year of talking about it...

It's like heightH... The word height has no H on the end...

Sorry... Back on topic... Sincerest apologies...
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    They do consider it bugged but haven't tracked down the cause still, as of a few Livestreams ago.

You can fire off 3 in quick succession anyway if you time things right, hit Beams: Fire at Will (FAW), fire torpedeos, hit Cannons: Scatter Volley (CSV) after, fire torps again, then finally Torpedoes: Spread (TS). CSV and FAW can fired in either order, but you must fire torps after each to consume the spread since it won't stack and those two must be done before TS, otherwise TS will lockout CSV and FAW until the CSV and FAW it gives ends.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    At least it's officially a bug. I was worried it was change on purpose. Hopefully with the new updates and dumping dx10 or 11 we will get fixes.

I just had a long standing bug where pavyl was missing and couldn't get the accolades on that one character. He just randomly showed up and I went and did the accolade. I was very happy. So, stuff seems to be happening and getting fixed.

And the problem on linux with chat not worknig after changing characters has gone. YOu no longer need to log in and out to fix it.(You previously had to restart the entire client and wait through the loading.) Not sure who fixed that though. That could be sto, steam, or linux devs.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... if it is a bug...
    @aftulus
    would you like this moved to the bug report section?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Will it get more attention from the devs that way? If so sure why not.

I don't think there is anything on our end that can be done though.

I wasn't sure if it was officially a bug or a feature.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Moved to Bug Report
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)