test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the Da Vinci/Saber Miracle Worker T6 and experimental weapon

chishnfipschishnfips Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've been experimenting with the Da Vinci and its experimental, and have noticed some issues with the ship and weapon both.
  • When mounted, the Gatling Emitter's 3 second spool up affects all equipped weapons, causing a noticeable delay in the opening salvo and wasting precious seconds on weapon ability cooldowns. If this is a feature and not a bug, it needs to be clearly communicated in the experimental's description. When equipped with a normal experimental weapon all weapons will fire as normal.
  • The Gatling Emitter's description says that it will continue to fire "until No Longer Valid target" This is not the case. If at any point a hostile NPC turns neutral or allied, the emitter will continue to fire on the previously hostile target until a distance of >10 Km is reached, meaning that in case of the patrol mission 'Wanted' if Maje Culleh's flagship is the first target, the emitter will continue to fire upon this NPC even when it turns allied, forcing the player to break lock by flying away in order to be able to complete the mission.
  • The Miracle Worker specific mechanic doesn't always refresh properly upon map transfers, I've had two occasions already where I had a random MW ability not trigger even though I hit all three Bridge Officer abilities.
  • The Cyclical Quantum Slipstream drive is missing. I was under the impression that all MW spec starships would have this trait, but the Da Vinci and Saber MW ships appear to be unable to use CQSD
These are the issues I've found so far with the ship and weapon, if I find more I will update this post.
User Sidewinderq reported the Gatling Emitter remains operative on the Titan Science Destroyer when not in tactical mode
Ravensnest.png?width=702&height=702
Post edited by chishnfips on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    It also has an issue of origin point with tractor beam and other abilities "firing" something like the Protomatter Wave console, where it starts way behind the ship but that one was acknowledged in another thread at least.

I noticed that another way to stop the Gatling from firing was using your cloak if the ship it is equipped on has one. But yeah, the weapon has too many instances of "didn't think this through" where the "keeping firing until destruction or moving away" mechanic is an hindrance.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    • The firing off the ship point thing is a known issue.
    • I'll ask about the slipstream.
    • The exp weapon stopping shooting is a known issue that is being addressed.
    • Thanks for the report on the no longer valid
    • Can you get a video of the mw ability not working?
  • Options
    sidewinderqsidewinderq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    the gattling blaster equiped onto a titan does not need to be in tactical mode to use as its experamental weapon.
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    the gattling blaster equiped onto a titan does not need to be in tactical mode to use as its experamental weapon.

That's kinda hilarious.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User

That's kinda hilarious.
    That's how Riker would have wanted it.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    It's also causing firing cycle issues and ability activation lag.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report on the exp weapon able to be used on science ships outside of tactical mode.
  • Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Yup need this gatling emitter problem fixed pronto...it kills attack runs as you approach you enemys and get a face full of fire while your entire offense is waiting on the gatling cannon. Waste of 6000 zen. Kinda fell ripped off currently