test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion - Duty officers statistic

defiant8472defiant8472 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Would be great, if duty officers had some statistics. For instance to add one or few int type variables for each duty officer in rooster and to incement it after duty assignment was completed and might be another variable to increment, if failed.

Problem is that all are full of redundant duty officers, except those who are well familiar with duty officer assignments, but even such players may underestimate amounts of needed officers or to get tired with tracking of them. While such statistic can help for player to find out, which duty officers in his specific case he needs.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    If to have only single count value, officer uses statistics, already possible to realize, how often specific officer is needed, maybe to sell it or to contribute to fleet & so on. Same as maybe this duty officer is wrong, if resulted only failures, if to count as well failures, that maybe player needs to replace him or her with better option.

Such feature could be commercial, if you wish, eg. via life time subscription or might be buyable as elite upgrade or something else. I'm not against this.
  • Options
    Good....
    - Vorlon Ambassador Kosh, Babylon 5

I never write posts for the other players, but for developers. As developer in life to developers.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Writing stuff here for the devs is mostly useless since they don't use the forum, it is for player-to-player comments mostly.
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm not even sure what you are saying... your sentences don't make sense.

The OP is suggesting that doffs should have usage statistics built into them, a count of how many missions they have done, how many were successful and how many were failures. It might have some use, though it would not be worth the extra database load I think.

What would be more handy would be a flag of some sort so a player could 'protect' certain doffs (like the special R&D crafting ones) from being eligible for fleet contributions or possibly deadly doff missions. Likewise, some notes somewhere on the regular doff cards that tells what kind of crafting they do would be handy too.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    I would rather they just make doffs levelable - complete so many missions successfully and they go from white, to green, to blue...and so on, all the way up to gold.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    > @westmetals said:
    > They would need to understand your message as well. "if to have" and such are not sensible grammatically. If your message is so cryptic that you think only a programmer as good as yourself can read it, then it is useless to post it on an open forum.

Not mention such posts come of as extremely arrogant and thus the game devs are less likely to impliment them.

EDIT:After all if Ten Forward streams are to be believed there's only 1 programmer working on STO specifically and rest of the devs are just using the tools built and we know some devs are not programmers (from example the artists working on the game).

There's also the fact that some of the devs are former or current STO players and might not like the implications that STO players are utter morons.

(fixed some errors, damn dyslexia)
    Post edited by spiritborn on
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    It might have some use, though it would not be worth the extra database load I think.

Yeah, given the huge number of doffs we have (I must have thousands between all my alts), even adding just two tracking variables to each one would be a large increase in database size.
This discussion has been closed.