test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In game parsing tool.

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
I'm using linux, so I'm a bit security concerned. (not necessarily knowledgeably.) And a bit used to linux breaking down from being linux. Is there a way they could make a complete parser for the game. I would love an in game developed tool. Especially with a nice gui. I prefer developer created items over user as the quality is better or balanced to a game specifics more. Have they ever considered this?

Could this be used to add elite randoms. We could gate the game off by dps logs for combat related items to make it play out better where needed. Not sure where that would be, but it could always be adjusted as needed. I assume you would have to keep a fresh log or something and keep track of changes to your build and maybe refresh as you change out items, but it might work. I can only see that being an issue for endeavors or something that makes you change stuff out. Unless other parts of the game need you to change stuff out commonly.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    IIRC, Cryptic did add on Tribble a variation of the Starbase 234 patrol that was designed to be a in-game DPS parser.

It never came to the live version of the game for various reasons.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    IIRC, Cryptic did add on Tribble a variation of the Starbase 234 patrol that was designed to be a in-game DPS parser.

It never came to the live version of the game for various reasons.

IIRC there was technical reasons why they didn't port it first and there really just 1 dev pushing for it so it's a really low priority.
This discussion has been closed.