Install Arc

Ideas for improve to game

1235»

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    An additional idea for prize pack value: every now and then -- like during freebie prize pack weekends -- allow the purchase of a 'specialty' version of the prize pack. This specialty version includes some additional prizes -- in addition to the regular vouchers -- not available in the regular phoenix prize pack. Thins like lobi crystal packs, a consumable that converts x prize vouchers into one of a higher rarity, and such. But biggest draw would be a special 'prize voucher' that's a copy of the 'free premium ship' award from the current campaign. Obviously it would have low drop rate (at least as rare as an epic voucher). The price for premium prize packs would also be higher. 7500 each for the first 10 bought per day, increased to 10k each after that.

This should, like the vanity shield sales on the dil store, create a massive surge in demand for dilithium.

Lobi crystals and a trade-up option?

I don't know why you think those things should be special. Those are the exact things I've suggested as a permanent dil fix.

To create demand for dilithium greater than the regular refine allotments allow, which incentivizes *buying* dilithium. You can still get prize vouchers all the time. But you can only trade them up during special prize pack events. Which means you need to buy enough of these special prize packs to trade up your vouchers, and if you run out of dilithium, your options are to buy more or wait for next time.

How is limited-time preferable to it being always available, in terms of a dilithium sink?

Your answer is built into the design of this entire game. It even has its own acronym: FOMO. Because when you never know when the next one is going to happen, people's spending habits are *VERY* different.

A watered down version of it might work if the increase of phoenix box price was dropped. People usually buy 10 packs for upgrading since the odds of getting the top two tiers of tokens are so incredibly rotten that it removes them as a factor in consideration for buying the boxes in the first place. The fact that you have an infinitesimal chance of getting a T5 or T6 ship, or X-upgrades is just an unexpected bonus.

All that raising the price of the boxes during such events would do would be to discourage people from buying as many, which would not help the dil sink aspect.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    You want to improve the game? Fix all the broken stuff. I'm having to redo all my Space Traits for all of my ships, once again. :s
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    You want to improve the game? Fix all the broken stuff. I'm having to redo all my Space Traits for all of my ships, once again. :s

Try making a loadout once you get everything set up for the character and ship, it really helps cut that dropping/shifting of traits down (though it still happens occasionally no matter what you do). Just make sure you save it in social space (like outside of ESD) so it gets everything.
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Bruh, I'd be happy if they just added better hair for males (most suck) and hats.
    I'd be shocked if they improved the color and costume options so it wasn't a mess and so limited on stuff. You can't even have the cape options on Orion outfits. like wtf
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    athan#5519 wrote: »
    Bruh, I'd be happy if they just added better hair for males (most suck) and hats.
    I'd be shocked if they improved the color and costume options so it wasn't a mess and so limited on stuff. You can't even have the cape options on Orion outfits. like wtf

Fedoras like Spock wore on that the gangster planet.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    A small, probably easily implemented improvement would be to make the fleet credit contribution slider default to zero the same way the dil slider is. Several times when playing while tired I have lost all of my credits to that damn thing mistaking it for the fleet mark one.
  • granitia4380#7320 granitia4380 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    You fellows are saying these things, All I wish is some proper science bridge stations, dedicated Science Bridge stations on all the Assault Cruiser, Sovereign Class Starships. Preferably Lt Commander, Science Bridge Stations.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Since pictures are worth a thousand words or some cliche:

QeoL2u2.png

L3e0WNn.png

And yes, I know you can't salvage commodities/consumables/repair components, so they'd only work with the recycle button. I'm just sick of dealing with this unwanted garbage as it constantly worms its way into my inventory. And standard-issue gear is an annoyance and almost never useful. I can't possibly be alone in finding these things annoying...can I? :D
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    Terran Social Zone, It's basically ESD but cooler.
    New Romulus City social zone or we're voting D'Tan out of an airlock and electing a new leader who can get things done.
    edited November 2021
    New Romulus City social zone or we're voting D'Tan out of an airlock and electing a new leader who can get things done.

There are already two social zones in Mol'Rihan, a faction one (the Command Center complex) and a cross faction one (the staging area outside where D'Tan flaps his gums at you until your eyes cross in boredom and you cannot skip it when you first get there).

Neither of them see as much use as the other social hubs like ESD, DS9, or Drozanna.
    Orion Syndicate content, I want missions where Orions captains get their race acknowledged by NPCs, rather than having them speak klingon slang like usual.
    Orion Syndicate content, I want missions where Orions captains get their race acknowledged by NPCs, rather than having them speak klingon slang like usual.

I think a lot of people would like more Orion content (both Syndicate and Freetrader) from the sheer number of Orion captains I see in the game. :)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Uh no - not unless that content is the kind of content Cryptic can't add to a game rated for teens, because that's the entire reason those Orion characters exist.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Uh no - not unless that content is the kind of content Cryptic can't add to a game rated for teens, because that's the entire reason those Orion characters exist.​​

While I am sure many of them are, that is not the only reason.
  • ktw33kwktw33kw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'd like to see promo ships be bound to account so my actual Discovery character has access to my MW Connie and my Crossfield. I'd like to be able to choose what warp animation my characters use too.
  • snowpiercer#1188 snowpiercer Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    With all the recent Quality of Life changes like instant transwarp to virtually anywhere, the ability of captains to fly ships of any faction, etc., I feel it is time that all the factions get a Bridge Office equivalent to the Romulan's Superior Romulan Officer. Maybe a Vulcan for the Feds and I'm open to one for KDF.
    edited November 2021
    With all the recent Quality of Life changes like instant transwarp to virtually anywhere, the ability of captains to fly ships of any faction, etc., I feel it is time that all the factions get a Bridge Office equivalent to the Romulan's Superior Romulan Officer. Maybe a Vulcan for the Feds and I'm open to one for KDF.

Vulcans are too straightforward for SRO. The Federation does have other races though, like the Elasians and some Orions from Freetrader worlds, Iotians, and others (especially Humans) who would probably take to the discipline like ducks to water once the Federation gained legal access to cloaks.
  • snowpiercer#1188 snowpiercer Member Posts: 77 Arc User

Vulcans are too straightforward for SRO. The Federation does have other races though, like the Elasians and some Orions from Freetrader worlds, Iotians, and others (especially Humans) who would probably take to the discipline like ducks to water once the Federation gained legal access to cloaks.

They could be whatever they want to call them. I'm just talking about giving them the same Crit chance and Crit damage as an SRO.

I would like to use time travel to restore Romulus and Remus permanently, that would improve the game, don't make me steal the world heart, because I will and fair warning just be prepared for when I declare war on the Iconians again.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    7 day relax between 21 day events :) would be nice. *also required by some of us who cant take the go go go go go go go*

Very much agreed. At least 2 weeks would be even better.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
This discussion has been closed.