test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CRASHING - Player Info/Ship Viewing

andrewund123andrewund123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When in a TFO or in Space if I right click on players to view their info or which ship they are flying the game crashes to Desktop. Last crash gave me a bug report of 3e2217.
Tagged:

Comments

• conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I also get this!
    It only happens in space
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    A lot of people are having this problem. Not just in space. Also on ground and the loading screen. There are two threads on Reddit as well.

I have verified, removed the game and reinstalled. My guess is it has to do with the increased bloom effect. Bloom was ramped up for the new explosions so it is more taxing on video cards everywhere.

I hope they can fix it on the developers end. But considering it hasn’t been addressed by the team yet—it probably isn’t on their radar. I, for one, am going to check my video driver. But maybe it is just a sign that it is time to retire... or build a new gaming pc...

Additional: Here is the Reddit thread too. There isn’t any helpful info there either yet though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/ql9cyf/anyone_else_getting_sto_freezingcrashing_at_the/

Message ends
  • autagia#7991 autagia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am getting this as well. First started happening with the patch that changed ship damage explosions and added the EV suit slot.
  • parazallisparazallis Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Devs/etc. - are there any updates on when this issue will be resolved? This is also affecting me. One of my characters I can't play at all because anytime I try to go into a map in leaving sector space it causes the game to freeze up and crash. This has been happening since Tuesday (I'm on EST time) as Sunday was the last time I was able to play this character.

It looks like this is affecting many, many players as I came here specifically regarding this issue to see if it was happening to others.
  • mankoimankoi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have a support ticket up for the same issue. The latest update to it says they're hoping for a potential fix tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
  • parazallisparazallis Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Did the patch fix it?

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. It's affecting ALL of my characters upon reviewing them in trying to enter new maps or a TFO, meaning I can't play any content other than flying around sector space and doing DOFF's.

I won't be home until later this evening (EST) so it would be great if someone could test and advise prior to then. That way I can know if I should bother logging in tonight or plan on doing something else.
  • databaseddatabased Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I cannot get past character selection before it crashes. I havent been on since the update on tuesday i think it was, it crashes before the last toon i played is even able shows up, though i do get their name and ship on the bottom.
  • raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Same here. The game is randomly crashing when I check players' info both on ground and in space.
  • databaseddatabased Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have tried everything, and I do mean everything. Since the patch on Tuesday I can get to the character selection screen and then it crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled, then uninstalled Arc and the game then installed it though Steam, nothing. Safe mode- nope, locks up the whole computer with a black screen every time, force verify- sure it verifies the files and then it crashes. -ArcOverlayEnable 0 - no effect. Support told me to close all other applications because something might be interfering with the game- don't know what, been playing just fine since launch- but sure I'd give it a shot, nothing. System restore from six months ago....nope. Then I went with the nuclear option, full reset of my computer to factory. The only thing installed after driver updates was Arc and STO, STILL NOTHING!!!!!! Whatever happened was in the patch and I can't convince support that it's not my system that's the problem. Is there anything, ANYTHING anyone can think of to get me back in game? Short of selling my soul or getting a new rig.
  • stevend82stevend82 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I did a complete re-install and all other things that has been said previously and still nothing. Game support said: We've received other reports of this same issue. It is a known issue and the developers are currently investigating.

Unfortunately Customer Service is unable to resolve the issue directly so we will need to wait for the fix to come from the development team.

We are currently unaware of an ETA for a potential fix.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Did what support asked. Uninstalled arc, game - deleted leftover files - did a fresh reinstall - download used up (wasted) a lot of GB of my data - clicked on Engage - which lead me to the Graphics reset screen - the screen froze - the game crashed - produced a crash incident ID. All this for nothing!! FFS!!!!
    Suggestion to devs - Please roll-back that flawed patch of Nov 2, go back to the drawing board and analyze what went wrong!
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • stevend82stevend82 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    after todays maintenance still nothing unable to log in.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    stevend82 wrote: »
    after todays maintenance still nothing unable to log in.

Ditto!
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on