test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't purchase lifetime sub...again

I say again because it pulled this during the last lifetime sub sale. No rhyme, no reason, just "There was a problem with the credit card." balance is good, got more than enough to handle the transaction but you guys just won't take my card. Steam will. Amazon will.

Arc? nope. What gives guys.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• themightytigger#8222 themightytigger Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Okay, just took forever to for the server to figure it out. money's out of the account at least. now the next big question: are ya'll going to try to charge me five times?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Did you try contacting the CC company?

It might be them not PWE. I've had cards with $10,000+ available credit randomly reject one purchase when the CC company's anti-fraud algorithms decided the transaction was suspicious.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    had the same problem a few months ago, i ended up using paypal to get around it.
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Is it actually worth it ?

Over the years I have bought bank slots and inventory slots etc...

So I don't really see what else it has to offer besides those ? The 500 Zen each month is paltry and in comparison to the amount the lifetime sub costs would take years to recoup.
    westmetals wrote: »
    earwigvr6 wrote: »

So I don't really see what else it has to offer besides those ? The 500 Zen each month is paltry and in comparison to the amount the lifetime sub costs would take years to recoup.

30-40 months if bought on sale.

The automated dilithium refining is nice, particularly if you have a lot of characters and/or don't play a lot every day.

The ships are okay, they have a nice trait.

Worth it? Personal decision there. I did it so long ago that I'm past the break-even, so now basically I'm getting free zen out of it.

So in the write up on it, they mention nothing about Auto Dil refining, nothing about free ships etc....

So what else don't they mention that's included ?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2021

30-40 months if bought on sale.

The automated dilithium refining is nice, particularly if you have a lot of characters and/or don't play a lot every day.

The ships are okay, they have a nice trait.

Worth it? Personal decision there. I did it so long ago that I'm past the break-even, so now basically I'm getting free zen out of it.

So in the write up on it, they mention nothing about Auto Dil refining, nothing about free ships etc....

You need to click the links in the blog.

Rewards - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026853

It's missing the auto dil refinement but lists most of the rest.

The blog link has more - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026993
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User

I suppose if you can't read you probably shouldn't buy it. It clearly says "For more information on all the great rewards that come with being a subscriber, check out our blog here." that takes you to a blog that lists everything.

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User

I suppose if you can't read you probably shouldn't buy it. It clearly says "For more information on all the great rewards that come with being a subscriber, check out our blog here." that takes you to a blog that lists everything.

I bet you are real fun at parties.

Brave man on the internet ;-)

To everyone else, really appreciate the replies. All helpful :-)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    to me, the playable liberated borg and the ship was worth it, especially since I use the trait on every non-exotic build I have. Let alone the Chimera is one tough ship
    Spock.jpg

So I made the purchase a couple of hours ago and have received the receipt etc...

But have nothing what so ever in game. How long does it take to make the changes ?
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    So I made the purchase a couple of hours ago and have received the receipt etc...

But have nothing what so ever in game. How long does it take to make the changes ?

Did you log in and out of the game to desktop? Also what level character are you playing sometimes the bonus do not show up depending the the level and race.
    edited November 2021
    Update, as this has garnered interest.

the CCC is now reviewing the transactions and has them on hold, though arc confirms receipt of the 'second' $150 payment. Apparently, there was lag with the server (unconfirmed) which caused an error on the original purchase, and the second transaction was completed but generated the same error because I make sure to keep only enough in the account to complete the purchase on (what I consider) large purchases and still be above my cards cap. Subsequent TS to figure out what was going on generated the same generic error.

per Arc reps:

(private correspondence removed) - darkbladejk

and after some back and forth got

(private correspondence removed) - darkbladejk

But this isn't the only transaction problem I've been having. Steam purchases are going through the card just fine, as usual, but the game will not accept payment for some master keys during the event. I've effectively missed out from what i see. A couple hundred Disco marks disappeared down the toilet when I hit Fill All with only 2 required to complete a beam for a test build and continued eating marks like cookie monster sacking the Keebler elves tree (Picture that. Go ahead; giant blue furball charging into the quiet hillside, axe in hand screaming "COOKIE!" as he hacks into the side of the tree, chocolate chips and elves flying everywhere when he breaches their last defense, and the sweet sweet taste of victory as he begins to gobble with reckless abandon anything he can get his fluffy hands on. Did I ruin your childhood?). Only fixed by using the slider instead of using the fill all button. These have been reported as bugs since I didn't lose any money.

But blaming my Debit card for a transaction that should have generated a specific error instead of a generic 'try again because this didn't go through' is a little disingenuous.

Consider this a heads up folks. If it doesn't go through, wait. There servers are laggy under any load--like tis event--and may cause a double dip if you follow the instructions provided.
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    howtor wrote: »

Did you log in and out of the game to desktop? Also what level character are you playing sometimes the bonus do not show up depending the the level and race.

Oh also a few of the things (such as the inventory slots) are granted as you level up, so you might not get those for existing characters.

You should however get the titles and the XP boost immediately, and the ships should be unlocked in the shipyard, and the free EV suits should be unlocked at their console... those are the easiest things to check.

Wow ! if thats the case then that is awful ! So you ONLY get the extra slots if you are levelling a new toon ? I already have a couple of 65 toons, one of which I needed the bank slots on and inventory slots. If I'm not going to get any of that, then this has been a total and utter waste of money.

I presumed it meant that slots would be added as you levelled so you wouldn't have all slots added at the start, but if you had a higher level toon the slots would be added anyway.

Also what about shared bank slots ? I don't have any of those. I have no ship tokens, I appear to have only gotten a fraction of what was meant to be given.

I can create a Borg toon.

I can't Auto refine dilith.

I have restarted multiple times.

I presumes you wouldn't get the bank slots and the like ONLY if you were already at the max number.
    The items I believe are missing are as follows...

T5 Ship Upgrade Token (claimable once per account)
    Vice Admiral Ship Token
    4 Retrain Tokens
    2 Costume Slots
    30x Bonus Inventory Slots (added as you level)
    60x Bonus Bank Slots (added as you level)
    20x Bonus Account Shared Bank Slots

I believe all of the above are missing. Dilith has just Auto refined when I logged in. I have found the ships in the ship yard. It's just got Zero next to the price to buy.

The main thing I wanted was all the bank, inventory and account shared slots. If I am not going to get any of that, they can refund me and take away all the other stuff as it's of no use to me. I have no interest in the 500 zen etc, I'm more than happy to pay for zen as and when I need it. My main benefits were the slots and the zen was the bonus, ships and titles etc I really don't care about :-(
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    in the future please don't post the private correspondence bits. you can summarize what was said without posting the PMs. posting private correspondence isn't permitted here on the forums. otherwise i'm glad you're getting it worked out. I would advise folks having issues to contact CS for this stuff, there is nothing we can really do here on the forums save report possible bugs. Stuff dealing with credit cards and all that jaz is something CS will have to handle.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The items I believe are missing are as follows...

T5 Ship Upgrade Token (claimable once per account)
    This token arrives via in-game mail per the Lifetime Rewards link posted above. Check to see if your mail is full if you didn't get it.
    Vice Admiral Ship Token
    This is built in to the ship vendor. Look for an icon and check the mouse over message after selecting the appropriate ship. It's easy to miss with so many ships listed. It'll be in the lower right hand corner. The mouse over says "starship requisition". Here's a link listing the available ships. They are Tier 5 ships.
    4 Retrain Tokens
    These are automatically added to the total amount of retrain tokens on any character (they aren't physical tokens). You could check by pressing the retrain skills button to show the total number of retrains you now have.
    2 Costume Slots
    Can't help with this one. My characters wear 1 outfit each :smile: Pretty sure I got the extras after checking in the tailor though.
    30x Bonus Inventory Slots (added as you level)
    60x Bonus Bank Slots (added as you level)
    20x Bonus Account Shared Bank Slots
    Here's the count for my main who's a lifer with maxed out storage - Inventory 216, Bank 336, Account 120. Hope this helps. Hope I counted right 🙄
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    These are the links to the wiki articles on bank and inventory slots.

In all three cases (character bank, account bank, & inventory) the Gold / Lifetime players get more total slots as compared to Silver regardless of any purchased extras.

It can be a complex purchase with a lot of details and things tucked away in various places.
    edited November 2021
    hey @themightytigger#8222
    not playing forum mod here mate, but you should remove the discussions between you and anyone else. not a good thing per forum rules.

however, you can remove said names, and tweek the correspondence to emulate the real world stuff. :wink:
    That wasn't some rando guy that I posted replies from. That was a company representative from Arc's billing department.

My willingness to share private conversations I partook of with the company, I assumed, would be excluded in forum rules because transparency is a thing and Arc should be willing and frankly 'want' people to see the professionalism their players took in this matter.

But, just in case, since they want to play hard ball on a public forum and now appear to have 'something to hide' I've taken screenshots of the entire conversation so I can share these interactions with Endgadget, gamespot, gamerant, pcgamer and any other news outlet that I can legally contact since forum rules don't actually trump First Amendment rights to the press and arcgames has no legal or moral authority to censor recorded conversations. I guarantee that they can look at my comments and discuss them amoungst themselves. And quite probably will for 'quality and training purposes'.

As its only Sunday, I'm resting on my laurels right now for "the next few days' in anticipation of the outcome. Depending on that outcome...well; since posting was intended to be a rant/public service to other players who have issues with the payment servers glitching out--pathetically glitching out--I'm reminded of two things.

Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

and

No press is bad press.

Thank you for backing me into that corner darkbladejk.

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    But, just in case, since they want to play hard ball on a public forum and now appear to have 'something to hide' I've taken screenshots of the entire conversation so I can share these interactions with Endgadget, gamespot, gamerant, pcgamer and any other news outlet that I can legally contact since forum rules don't actually trump First Amendment rights to the press and arcgames has no legal or moral authority to censor recorded conversations. I guarantee that they can look at my comments and discuss them amoungst themselves. And quite probably will for 'quality and training purposes'.

On the contrary, forum rules do trump First Amendment Rights. The first amendment doesn't apply here.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    This exact problem happened last year. And the player who complained was banned (his account was later restored). I would advise you to keep resting on your laurels and tread carefully.

It would be easier if Cryptic just fixed the bank rewards or made it easier to understand. Then we wouldn’t have perennial crises every time there was a lifetime subscription sale.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/01/10/star-trek-online-player-is-banned-following-lifetime-subscription-refund-bungle/
This discussion has been closed.