test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Fall of the Old Ones (Halloween Event)

13»

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Private queue - that's how you launch other queues solo too.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Private queue!?! Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!! How did I miss that button for 8 YEARS! Dash it all!

You sir, have made my day!!! If you ever need a case of Romulan Ale, let me know!
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    felderburg wrote: »
    What determines where we go when the party is split to get to the witches' coven? I've done it three times, every time I've gone to the cauldron to put stuff in. Is it career choice?

No idea what determines it, but I CAN tell you it's not career choice. I've played this every day as an AoY TAC officer, and have wound up in both the library and potion lab. Just saw the spiders today for the first time, though.!

Yeah, right after I posted this I got the librarian guy's thing. Still haven't been to the spiders. What happens there, you just kill a giant spider, or what?
  • dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    It's a timed encounter much like you see in episodes. You see a body on a table, you scan it and waves of little spiders come at you from two directions. They just keep coming and coming until the timer runs out and the boss spider comes out. You kill it, a key appears where it's corpse should be. You pick up the key and the way clears.

Typically, the spider group is the first to get to the witches, but I'm proud to say that ONE TIME I got sent to the library where the other guy just covered me while I sorted the books and we managed to beat the spider group to the witches.
    The spider section is where spammable AoE really shines - along with Pahvo crystals, but those shine everywhere.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Would be nice if next year they add onto this and add Salt Vampires somewhere. We already have skeletons, witches, and ghosts, why not vampire zombies as well?
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    dacia#9992 wrote: »
    It's a timed encounter much like you see in episodes. You see a body on a table, you scan it and waves of little spiders come at you from two directions. They just keep coming and coming until the timer runs out and the boss spider comes out. You kill it, a key appears where it's corpse should be. You pick up the key and the way clears.

Typically, the spider group is the first to get to the witches, but I'm proud to say that ONE TIME I got sent to the library where the other guy just covered me while I sorted the books and we managed to beat the spider group to the witches.

What's the story there? The librarian and the fortune teller are in love or whatever, what's the corpse's deal?

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    felderburg wrote: »
    dacia#9992 wrote: »

What's the story there? The librarian and the fortune teller are in love or whatever, what's the corpse's deal?
    His deal is that he's dead, Jim.

Also, in case people were worried the Transmuter Wand would make the skeleton parts even more nightmarish when you're teamed with players who don't pay attention, it thankfully doesn't work on them, whether in their vulnerable or invulnerable states (and before you ask, I had Sabotage ready as an apology for the team I was in in case the wand worked).
    That said, it's the perfect tool for trolls since it scales well with Kit Performance, so at 200 KPerf, you go from 10sec of an invulnerable, small, rapidly moving target to 20sec of it.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Would be nice if next year they add onto this and add Salt Vampires somewhere. We already have skeletons, witches, and ghosts, why not vampire zombies as well?

I always wanted to be able to play Buffy online...
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    georgedp wrote: »
    It's a nice TFO, very good work guys thank you
    BUT it's too long for repeating it for the next 14 days..!
    plus being a TFO and not a single player mission, you miss the story cause as usual people rush through it..even from the first runs..
    it would be better if we'd get it for specific days like Hearts and Minds and had a short version for long running events, repeating the same stuff over and over is never fun ...especially if those 'stuff' take too long to complete..
    otherwise we'd have fun working :p
    Honestly I'd just like to see more events with single-player objectives instead of the same rushy group-based nonsense. Queues/tuffos/whatever are like my least favorite kind of content in this game, yet every time there's an event, it's queue up or go home.

The spider section is where spammable AoE really shines - along with Pahvo crystals, but those shine everywhere.​​
    The fact that those haven't been nerfed into the ground yet is beyond perplexing.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    aesica wrote: »
    The fact that those haven't been nerfed into the ground yet is beyond perplexing.
    I'm more surprised Sabotage wasn't made not to work on skeletons, even in their invulnerable state.
    Unless a programmer was smart enough to figure out it was going to be chaotic -because the typical STO player is used to the game allowing them to solve most problems by skipping dialogues and doing as many DPS as possible- and added this "fixit" solution.
    #TASforSTO
    Well, that was fun -and useful when teamed up with people who don't read- while it lasted:
    Skeletons can no longer be destroyed by certain Kit Modules while immune to damage.
    #TASforSTO
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Well, that was fun -and useful when teamed up with people who don't read- while it lasted:
    Skeletons can no longer be destroyed by certain Kit Modules while immune to damage.

I swear they are "fixing" some of the only ways we can get through with some groups.

Instead of finding ways to make sure the skeletons don't just stand still, or reducing the number of respawn times in that little side passage, or even just leaving the candles on in the last room, they give a gift to the people who seem intent on trolling the TFO.
    edited November 2021
    tagen wrote: »

I swear they are "fixing" some of the only ways we can get through with some groups.

Instead of finding ways to make sure the skeletons don't just stand still, or reducing the number of respawn times in that little side passage, or even just leaving the candles on in the last room, they give a gift to the people who seem intent on trolling the TFO.
    Especially since that module is only usable by engineers and it's pretty much a Star Trek move: try some technobabble that seems ridiculous on a difficult problem and tada, all solved.

I could imagine Scotty going "Wait a minute, Capt'n! If those bony lads are just looking magical and thus actually some bloody fine engineering work, then their structural integrity needs an energy field to keep'em moving... and thus energy emitters and power systems... what if we sent a complex interference signal that'd overload all their power systems at once? Move, lads, let it be known some crazy Scot actually shocked skeletons to re-death!".
    #TASforSTO
    Well, the note only said they fixed it destroying them while invulnerable...does it still work while they're vulnerable?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Well, the note only said they fixed it destroying them while invulnerable...does it still work while they're vulnerable?​​
    Nope.
    It just disables ranged weapons, and since they only have melee weapons...
    #TASforSTO
This discussion has been closed.